Best reflexes for fighting EVER: Anderson, Jon Jones or Roy Jones?

I'd actually agree lol, doesn't really count if he has such a high tendency to gas though. Those first 2 rounds against Floyd were wild, Conor was so much faster than Floyd and plainly outboxing him when Floyd attempted to exchange.

I don't buy the narrative Floyd let him do shit...Conor is just that good, his counter is 2nd to none. Yes Floyd wanted him to gas out and knew he would but he still got out boxed early on. If Conor could keep a pace he would have beat Floyd. (Although not on the cards because boxing)

Also overall I'd put Floyd ahead of everyone on the list including Roy
You don't know anything about boxing, Floyd made Conor believe he can outbox him and look what happened.

On boxing perspective, that fight is nothing but a clown fight.

Roy Jones Jr. of course. Anderson Silva and Jon Jones aren't even top 20 on the "best ever" list.

Love rjj. But it is easier to have quick hands/ head movement when there is no threat from the take down. Boxers will always have faster arm and head reactions because they know the threat is limited to punches.

Maybe what you wrote is true.

But Roy Jones, Jr. is just plain old QUICK. Not just combat-sports quick, but grab-a-beer-out-of-the-fridge quick, snatchin'-flies-out-of-the-air quick. (Jet Li is up there, too)

1... Conor won 1 round, the 1st.

In that round, Mayweather threw 6 total punches and landed 7 less total punches than Conor.

He sure was "outboxing" him...
He one the first three according to one judge and anybody who watched the fight. Just cause Floyd didn’t throw as much doesn’t mean he didn’t lose those rounds.

Roy_Jones_Jr_vs_Reggie_Johnson.gif

1355446594_297886_o.gif
Jesus....christ....

Id pick Anderson over Roy because Roy Jones couldn't throw a front kick like Silva or an elbow for example and you said fighting in general.

If were talking hands specifically than Roy Jones jr.

RJJ = GOAT

Wad blown every time he boxed

Would not call him a fighter though, he was a boxer

And to think that's a prime James Toney he did it too.

It’s crazy because most folks don’t know how insanely good James Toney was in his prime.

Whitaker was sick, but his defense isn’t the type of quickness that Roy has in every aspect of his boxing arsenal.

Maybe what you wrote is true.

But Roy Jones, Jr. is just plain old QUICK. Not just combat-sports quick, but grab-a-beer-out-of-the-fridge quick, snatchin'-flies-out-of-the-air quick. (Jet Li is up there, too)

Exactly.

I mean it’s very obvious. Even when prime Victor Belfort showed up in the UFC, people saw what decent hand speed looks like. And Victor, though fast, is nowhere NEAR boxing fast despite having a base in boxing and Carlson BJJ.

I'd actually agree lol, doesn't really count if he has such a high tendency to gas though. Those first 2 rounds against Floyd were wild, Conor was so much faster than Floyd and plainly outboxing him when Floyd attempted to exchange.

I don't buy the narrative Floyd let him do shit...Conor is just that good, his counter is 2nd to none. Yes Floyd wanted him to gas out and knew he would but he still got out boxed early on. If Conor could keep a pace he would have beat Floyd. (Although not on the cards because boxing)

Also overall I'd put Floyd ahead of everyone on the list including Roy
It's not hard to look faster than your opponent when you're not fighting.. Even in round 4 when Conor still had gas, Floyd was picking it up and beating him to every punch.

How was the score cards bad? lol, Floyd was up at least 7-2 to Conor. He has a good counter vs shit mma boxers.

Pernell Whitiker

Sweet Pea

Thanks for that, it has been a while since I have watched Sweet Pea... he was a sight to behold. Crazy thing is that 1984 US Boxing team... Sweet Pea, Meldrick Taylor, Evander Holyfield, Frank Tate, Mark Breland, Tyrell Biggs, and Virgil Hill.

Gotta go with Whitaker and Roy Jones Jr... Roy was so impressive because of his speed for a big guy.

In terms of MMA, it is Anderson Silva.. hands down. While I have to say, Conor getting inside on Aldo was one of the nicest reflexes I have see, Anderson was on another level.

Back