Best pure wrestlers in mma hanging out together

Yoel is just full of love for everybody.

1006_medium.jpg

That is an awesome video. Khabib was a young boy watching Romero wrestle his rival Saitiev many years ago and Yoel remembers seeing a young Khabib there. Khabib happens to be friends with Saitiev.

romero5_zps11ce023d.gif

animation2_zpsda4916f4.gif

romero6_zps32c7c98d.gif

romero7_zps48915efe.gif

Last edited:
Khabib isn't a pure wrestler. He's not going for doubles, singles, ankle picks, fireman carries, etc.

He's more judo/sambo who is clinching, looking for body locks, trips, submissions, etc.

Going to have to disagree with you. 2 great wrestlers, with never a strap between them.

If you are going to assess greatness as a pure wrestler in MMA, you would need to find a champion, that won with wrestling, despite being outmatched in other disciplines.

There is only 1 answer.

13 fights- fighting for or while holding the strap.

11 wins- 10 by finish. All on the ground.

Going to have to disagree with you. 2 great wrestlers, with never a strap between them.

If you are going to assess greatness as a pure wrestler in MMA, you would need to find a champion, that won with wrestling, despite being outmatched in other disciplines.

There is only 1 answer.

13 fights- fighting for or while holding the strap.

11 wins- 10 by finish. All on the ground.

F your BS, Steve Jennum had a strap, is he greater Rumble?

GTFO here

Khabib isn't a pure wrestler. He's not going for doubles, singles, ankle picks, fireman carries, etc.

He's more judo/sambo who is clinching, looking for body locks, trips, submissions, etc.
It's weird, Khabib is probably the best offensive MMA wrestler/grappler we have ever seen. However, Yoel is the best wrestler to have ever entered MMA, and yet Yoel never really uses his wrestling in any offensive capacity. I just think of how successful Yoel could have been if he adopted a Daniel Cormier type game plan, as he is a much better wrestler yet has not had DC's MMA success.

F your BS, Steve Jennum had a strap, is he greater Rumble?

GTFO here

Well, though not a wrestler by trade (no major colege or amateur experience to my knowledge) Steve Jennum is a more decorated MMA wrestler than either Khabib or Yoel.

He is not however, more decorated than Matt Hughes.

Perhaps though, in the coming months either Yoel, Khabib, or both of them, will be able to achieve Steve Jennum levels of greatness.

Might not be the best pure wrestlers but that's a fuckin awsome pic. Lindland was always underated imo
Agreed. I wasn’t trying to imply they are the best but that’s a classic pic and a solid crew of wrestlers. Lindland was a silver medalist I believe.

Back