Best programming language to learn for web development?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I need to build a website and want need to do back end. Started a tutorial but can't stand it (PhP). Can you advise for the best programing language to get the job done and can re-use again in the future?

Pyhton / Django

Ruby on Rails

PhP

I dont even know why people still need to learn PHP to be honest.

DOS has been making some waves lately.

Java is still king. Nodejs is cool and growing fast.

Depends what you are trying to accomplish. Do you need a database? Authentication? Do you want a single page application? Django and Rails are too big of it's gonna be relatively simple site. Flask and Node.js/Express can you up and running in no time.

Depends what you are trying to accomplish. Do you need a database? Authentication? Do you want a single page application? Django and Rails are too big of it's gonna be relatively simple site. Flask and Node.js/Express can you up and running in no time.

Best response, thanks man.

No database is required. What do you recommend in that case?

Is ruby on rails bigger than node.js?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Best response, thanks man.

Yes a database is required. Is ruby on rails bigger than node.js? Node.js is JavaScript. Ouch.

If with database what is recommended?
If no database what is recommended?

Thanks!
If you want any dynamic content you'll probably use some javascript no matter which language you choose.

Nodejs is perfect for mongodb since it is json/bson. I like it because of the callback architecture. It is great for single page apps with dynamic content, but the drawback is the difficulty in syncing with data in real time. Check out MEAN stack tutorials on the webz. Considering you are thinking ahead about what is useful later on, it is a great language to learn, imo.
Honestly most languages work with every well known db. php, ruby, python, whatever, all have hooks for mysql, ms sql, postgre, db2, oracle, sqllite, mongodb, you name it. You can pick the language that you like the most and run with it, hard to go wrong. PHP probably has the richest db libraries and is maybe the most portable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back