Best potential comeback story?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Been thinking about Robbie Lawler's career and how he fell into irrelevance, and came back to be the UFC champ.

It got me wondering if we'd ever see another comeback story as good as his?

Arlovski had a pretty good case for a while, battling his way back into the top ten at an advanced age. Mark Hunt had a really great career resurgence but never got that title.

It started me wondering on out of all the fighters that have fallen into irrelevance currently, who would you pick to have a stunning career resurgence?

I think Jones and brock don't count for this discussion, because while neither are ranked by sherdog, they are still relevant, because both men are likely to receive title shots as soon as they can fight again.

One of my personal favs.

randy-couture_tim-sylvia.gif

Mir. Champ to motorcycle accident and painkiller addiction back to champ.

I want my boy Showtime Pettis make a comeback

Shogun from the brink of ending career to LHW champion 2018/19

Pettis - a LW contender after a rough patch
Nick Diaz - clears legal trouble comes back and actually fights and does well
Cro Cop - raising some more major hell in Bellators HW division and possibly Fedor 2

Many more. Just a few.

does cain count? because once dc beats lesnar and rides off into the sunset, the hw belt will probably rest around cain's waist.

Last edited:
Brendan Schaub coming back from a failed football and 6-5 UFC career to become the most successful retired UFC fighter, huge podcast, hosting Oscar pre- and post-shows on E!, having his own show on HBO, destroying Dana online and driving a black Ferrari.

Matt Brown had a beautiful and violent thing going for a while.

Lesnar winning Vs DC next year.

Can't think about a nicer guy than Brock.

Would love for something to happen with Condit.

Matt brown and mark hunt both come to mind

Would love for something to happen with Condit.
Yeah the thread was supposed to be about current guys who are about to make a comeback. Maybe I muddied the waters by mentioning past comebacks.

Condit would be a good candidate. Pettis might be on his way already

Yeah the thread was supposed to be about current guys who are about to make a comeback. Maybe I muddied the waters by mentioning past comebacks.

Condit would be a good candidate. Pettis might be on his way already
Pettis is but he's in the worst division to make it all the way back up. Chris Weidman i think still has it in him to make a comeback at the top.

Johny Hendricks. Went 1-5 from 2016 to 2017 and announced his retirement. Came back two years later as a lightweight and went on to become the most dominant LW champ in history, knocking out Khabib, Ferguson and McGregor (all in the first minute of the first round) in the process.

Johny Hendricks. Went 1-5 from 2016 to 2017 and announced his retirement. Came back two years later as a lightweight and went on to become the most dominant LW champ in history, knocking out Khabib, Ferguson and McGregor (all in the first minute of the first round) in the process.
Lol I think it's more likely that he moves up to hw now that DC has proven that short guys can win there

Back