Best Non Lethal Self Defense Weapon

I'm voting for taser

This might sound alittle bad but when I think of Canada I think of this big uncharted wilderness a sparsely populated country full of mountains and wilderness. How the hell are guns iillegal? Is it by province , city or whatever equivalent you guys have to a federal govenment. What about all the people living off the land in the Borreola?
Guns are hard to get in our urban centers, especially pistols.

you canadians are shit out of luck. i would suggest that because of your laws that you buy a good pair of running shoes and train in sprinting.

An ASP is a great lethal and non lethal self defense weapon but you're a damn loser if u walk around with one strapped unto your belt daily. They are one of the few things that are "semi legal" in canada and so easy to obtain in a big city like Toronto. But screw that...train something, and stay out of shit and you'll be fine.

Training. You never lose it, and you can't be disarmed if your body is a weapon.

...unless you count breaking limbs as disarming.

I'm agreeing with Gregster here, training is the best weapon to have.

How about a role of nickels is the right hand and extra long fingernails on her left?

If the right cross doesn't knock the perp out she can claw his nuts off.

Seriously tho, a role of nickels will make her hit like a 200lb guy.

tazer.
pepper spray.
ground up lightbulb (for the eyes).
sock/three condoms filled with rocks/coins/padlock.
a billiard ball/large padlock with a chain securely attached.
parkour.

Best "non-lethal" weapon for everyday defense?

Headbutt.

Just teach her the street moves TS. Groin strikes/grabs, eye gouges, pinching, what ever it takes. Not really sure of a non lethal weapon, that's a good question.

Anything can be made lethal or kept non-lethal. It largely depends on your understanding of the weapon you are using and human anatomy.

What would be the best concealable non lethal weapon for self defense? I live in Canada guns, mace and just about everything is illegal and I'd like to get my girlfriend something for self defense.

get her a taser there are some nice ones out that you can use for defence and they have a shoot and forget rule so that if you use the taser(legally) you can leave it and they will replace it.

Blackjack-Large-Hand-.jpg

A good old fashioned Blackjack

thats gotta be illlegal saps havent been legal in the states for years... i doubt they would be legal in canada.

Black jacks are illegal in Canada as well as Brass knuckles. If it was for you id advice the "Hatch defender" lead shot gloves, for your girl pepper spray or any small tactical folding knife. Cold steel mini tanto or something along those lines...

i wouldnt give my chick a knife shed probably get it taken away and used against her.

Have any of you guys had success using a flashlight to distract someone?

screw using it to distract someone id use to hit an attacker square between the eyes hopefully its with a hard enough swing to knock them out or its going to be a bloody fight.

Actually I knew what you meant I was just cracking wise:icon_chee

The nice thing is if they have a gun it gives them a really nice target.

thats why you shine it over a sholder away from you. it works real well at nights because the attacker doesnt know where you are until thier right in striking range or the flash light.

I'd love to get some sap gloves.

For my girl, I make her carry pepper spray. But like some others have already said, the most important thing is that she has the mindset to use whatever it is she's carrying and to fight.

Criminals, for the most part, target what they view as "soft targets." If your girl has good situational awareness and does not look like a "soft target" she has already lessened the chances of her being put in a situation where she'd need to use one of these weapons. If however she does find herself in a situation, she needs to know that she NEEDS to fight. Bite, kick, punch, scratch, whatever it takes. 99% of attackers will want no part of a victim that is going to fight back, and will usually give up and move on to their next victim.

the problem with peper spray is chicks always keep it in thier purse not in thier hands ready to go if being attacked.. at least thats what my g/f did.

Back