Best No Gi Videos

Was at Pride GP 2000

Brown Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Every summer our school does No Gi all summer. I actually hate no Gi. However instead of taking the summer off like normal I am going to train. I have gone to two classes and I do ok but I'm doing basic shit and blue and purples are moving way faster then when we are in a gi. If I don't pick up some fundamentals of no gi they are going to catch me. I am a brown belt so it's not that hard for me to figure it out bit thought I would ask you guys what videos you think I should start with to get my foundation together to organize my no gi game.

Marcelo's stuff. He trained specifically to be able to use his gi game in no-gi and vice versa.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, tho. Are you primarily spider/worm/lasso/lapel guard player? Not sure why you don't think you'll just pick up the changes after a few weeks.

Marcelo's stuff. He trained specifically to be able to use his gi game in no-gi and vice versa.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, tho. Are you primarily spider/worm/lasso/lapel guard player? Not sure why you don't think you'll just pick up the changes after a few weeks.
I think my mental issue is grips. Both passing and playing guard.

I'm kind of old so my jiu jitsu it pretty simple. I do basic sweeps, mount and arm bar or choke. I've been at this a while so it's more about timing. Does Roger have any no gi videos. I kinda think my gi game is more like his game

I'm kind of old so my jiu jitsu it pretty simple. I do basic sweeps, mount and arm bar or choke. I've been at this a while so it's more about timing. Does Roger have any no gi videos. I kinda think my gi game is more like his game

your armbars from mount will have to be super fucking tight and mostly coming from s mount, its really hard to pull an armbar from mount no gi vss someone who knows what hes doing.. your a brown, your game should be way ahead of a blue, purples, not so much... but your body position weight distribution and other attributes you should have a as brown should be enough to make you pick up stuff easily.

no gi is quite simple, mount back, knee slide double unders over under arm, if you are on mount, much better to dismount and attack from there, or go for arm triangles... oh and leg locks, get good at them... new kids will be fucking your ankles up with them, for some reason, the gi is off and people go crazy on them, gi is on, they forget about them... and im stricntly talking about straight ankle locks.

He's got a training website you can check out

saulo ribiero freestyle revolution is great for no gi

Look up Dan the Wolfman - he has some legit and solid material

Back