Best NES USB controller?

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this, because there are a lot of products out there and it all looks kind of dodgy. I've been fighting with a couple X-box controllers and they absolutely suck for the precision required by most NES games. Wobbly ass d-pads ffs.

I just want to pick up a few original style NES bricks (no diagonally offset futuristic space world B & A buttons!) to play on PC. There's Chinese shit, company-I've-never-heard-of shit, NES classics with adapter kits, refurbished original shits, Shit-some-nerd-made-to-sell-on-eBay. Mostly I just want to pick a good one, that won't wear out in a couple weeks, first try, and not have to wait another xx days for shipping from the next thing that doesn't work.

I've googled a bit and answers are all over the place. Anybody know the deal on these? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this, because there are a lot of products out there and it all looks kind of dodgy. I've been fighting with a couple X-box controllers and they absolutely suck for the precision required by most NES games. Wobbly ass d-pads ffs.

I just want to pick up a few original style NES bricks (no diagonally offset futuristic space world B & A buttons!) to play on PC. There's Chinese shit, company-I've-never-heard-of shit, NES classics with adapter kits, refurbished original shits, Shit-some-nerd-made-to-sell-on-eBay. Mostly I just want to pick a good one, that won't wear out in a couple weeks, first try, and not have to wait another xx days for shipping from the next thing that doesn't work.

I've googled a bit and answers are all over the place. Anybody know the deal on these? Thanks.

This might work...

Buffalo iBuffalo Classic USB Gamepad for PC BGCFC801RDA

I have the iBuffalo SNES controller and it feels and responds just like the original.

Do you use one? I'm concerned about lag from these.

I use one of these adapters for a Retropie gaming setup and there is no lag.

If you don't go with originals and adapters, get the Buffalo ones. They are pricier than the others you see on Amazon, but those are completely terrible! Ask me how I know, lol.

I found that the Xbox one controller to work really well with an NES emulator. If you know how to solder (which you can easily learn from a youtube video) You could buy an original NES controller and solder a usb cable into the gamepad's circuit board.

Or you could buy one of these adapters from Walmart
upload_2017-6-2_15-1-21.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyperkin...75035&wl11=online&wl12=46881825&wl13=&veh=sem

+1 for the iBuffalo controllers. They're responsive as shit. I'd imagine the NES to be comparable.

I'll third the recommendation for the iBuffalo controllers. While I don't have the NES ones, I do have these, and they are fantastic.

18953164_10211362653800340_224287990244428787_o.jpg

Back