Best movie where the bad guy wins?

Also, this movie was so well done and interesting. And yeah, in keeping with the theme of the thread.

large_t_RLOAiimx_C3_IOft_UXzqh_J2_L41_FR.jpg

dat ending

I'm fairly confident you're my long lost brother.

You're familiar with the story about why the movie was initially shelved?

Star Wars a new hope and empire

doesn't really get any better than that.

Maybe Kevin Spacey will make an appearance in one of these new episodes and top it

The bad guy doesn’t win in a new hope, kenobi sacrificed himself instead of continuing to fight so luke and the bunch would take thier opportunity and bail.

If he had continued fighting , luke would have tried to save him and been caught more than likely.

Or he beats vadar again and the series takes a different route entirely.

The rebels blew up the Death Star and vadar barely escapes in a tie fighter.

That’s not winning.

In empire he slices Luke’s hand off, freezes han and the rebels run for their lives.

That’s winnng

No Country for sure. Does he kill Llewelen's wife at the end?

Carla Jean Moss: You don't have to do this.
Anton Chigurh: [smiles] People always say the same thing.
Carla Jean Moss: What do they say?
Anton Chigurh: They say, "You don't have to do this."
Carla Jean Moss: You don't.
Anton Chigurh: Okay.
[Chigurh flips a coin and covers it with his hand]
Anton Chigurh: This is the best I can do. Call it.
Carla Jean Moss: I knowed you was crazy when I saw you sitting there. I knowed exactly what was in store for me.
Anton Chigurh: Call it.
Carla Jean Moss: No. I ain't gonna call it.
Anton Chigurh: Call it.
Carla Jean Moss: The coin don't have no say. It's just you.
Anton Chigurh: Well, I got here the same way the coin did.

Does Anton Chigurh kill Carla Jean Moss?

The bad guy doesn’t win in a new hope, kenobi sacrificed himself instead of continuing to fight so luke and the bunch would take thier opportunity and bail.

If he had continued fighting , luke would have tried to save him and been caught more than likely.

Or he beats vadar again and the series takes a different route entirely.

The rebels blew up the Death Star and vadar barely escapes in a tie fighter.

That’s not winning.

In empire he slices Luke’s hand off, freezes han and the rebels run for their lives.

That’s winnng

The rebels are the bad guys.

The rebels are the bad guys.

If you go that route, then they lost in empire. You can’t have them winning in both for either side regardless of which side you choose to be the bad guys

If you go that route, then they lost in empire. You can’t have them winning in both for either side regardless of which side you choose to be the bad guys

You're right.

They caught up to him in American beauty

See that's the thing, American Beauty came out in 1999, and K-PAX in 2001. Spacey comes back as from the dead in Kpax and isn't human anymore or something. That's why his 'dead' body is smiling at the end of American Beauty.

<{Joewithit}>

I don't think I am Legend was mentioned. Good call on Alien too.
I actually haven't seen I am Legend.

I thought in Drive, the ending was a dream of the protagonist, with him wanting to go out like a hero/protector kind of guy

See that's the thing, American Beauty came out in 1999, and K-PAX in 2001. Spacey comes back as from the dead in Kpax and isn't human anymore or something. That's why his 'dead' body is smiling at the end of American Beauty.

<{Joewithit}>
9cf.jpg

I wouldn't say No Count is THAT simple given that Aton gets struck down by ill fate in the car crash at the end as well.
I feel like they had to give the audience that, or the movie would have come off too dark and nihilistic. For the same reason, they didn't "show" that he had killed Carla Jean (even though it's basically a lock that he did)

Anton sure as hell didn't get what was coming to him.

Back