Best Motion Picture Soundtrack?

Vangelis produced in my opinion the greatest OST ever for the film Blade Runner

Take note Hans "BBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" Zimmerman.
I wish they had hired Vangelis to do the soundtrack for Blade Runner 2049 but after the falling out he had with Ridley Scott during the production of the first film I had a feeling they wouldn't hire him. He is notorious for finishing soundtracks late which is why he hardly gets work on films.

The answer is always The Lion King or Tarzan. Both the version from Disney.

I wish they had hired Vangelis to do the soundtrack for Blade Runner 2049 but after the falling out he had with Ridley Scott during the production of the first film I had a feeling they wouldn't hire him. He is notorious for finishing soundtracks late which is why he hardly gets work on films.

To be fair ZImmerman was taken on late as well and had two months to score the film but I do think the same issues are present in a lot of his recent work.

A big issue with Vangelis of course is that he doesn't "just" do a soundtrack but looks to create music that can also stand on its own. "Memories of Green" was actually released before Blade Runner and supposedly acted as a massive influence on the tone of the film.

Personally, I thought the soundtrack from the movie "Singles" had the best collection of songs for one album soundtrack:

Singles_Soundtrack.jpg

No. Title Artist Length
1. "Would?" Alice in Chains 3:27
2. "Breath" Pearl Jam 5:25
3. "Seasons" Chris Cornell 5:45
4. "Dyslexic Heart" Paul Westerberg 4:28
5. "The Battle of Evermore" (Led Zeppelin cover) The Lovemongers 5:41
6. "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns" Mother Love Bone 8:16
7. "Birth Ritual" Soundgarden 6:05
8. "State of Love and Trust" Pearl Jam 3:46
9. "Overblown" Mudhoney 2:58
10. "Waiting for Somebody" Paul Westerberg 3:25
11. "May This Be Love" The Jimi Hendrix Experience 3:10
12. "Nearly Lost You" Screaming Trees 4:06
13. "Drown" The Smashing Pumpkins 8:17
IMG_1165.JPG

Are we talking actual "scores" or just songs that were used in the movie?

For Songs and Scores............. Rocky 4 and the Karate kid

One of my favorite artists (Elliott Smith) had a hand in the soundtrack for Good Will Hunting.

images

the Crow.

Last of the Mohicans
Edward Scissorhands

The Raid Redemption had a great soundtrack. I already mentioned Fury Road and its still my fave and forgot I did. Heres a raid track instead.

Last edited:

They should have got Perturbator, Power Glove and Mega Drive to do it.

That would have been amazing...

Hans Zimmer sucks.

Last edited:
Back