best mma striking coach

I would go with Ludwig

Does look the most impressive right now in what he's achieved with TJ as someone without a striking background.

Back in the day Fedor's boxing coach Alexander Michkov is clearly underrated I would say, again took a guy without a strong striking background and made him into one of the best MMA boxers ever.

In both cases I think those guys are an excellent advert for not "dumbing down" training for MMA, teaching advanced techniques rather than sticking just to simple stuff to fill in weaknesses in a fighters game.

Parillo Cyborg and Bispings coach
He's working with RDA too.

He's got a reputation as someone who can teach old dogs new tricks. It would be interesting to see what it would look like for someone to work with him at a young age, but I think only the older guys can afford to work with him.

didnt his guy Gaston Bolanos get pieced up a little while ago?
Maybe I have to keep up to date, I always thought he was one of the better coaches in the 'merican MT scene

Maybe I have to keep up to date, I always thought he was one of the better coaches in the 'merican MT scene
from what I've seen on facebook his guys are good. But as an mma coach who knows.

Firas Zahabi - you don't need to be able to change stances 10 times in one combination a-la Ludwig's system, he teaches everyone how to jab, pendulum kick and the basics you need for deceiving your opponent and he properly understands how striking and wrestling go together.

His YouTube channel is basically 'how to GSP' 1o1.

Hume was more of a grappler as a fighter, but as a coach he really is an all round MMA coach, so he does a lot of the striking (although I don't imagine he does all of it)

Your understanding of Ludwig's system is very, very limited.

Your understanding of Ludwig's system is very, very limited.

If you think you know how well I understand his system based off of one flippant comment, then you're understanding of me is very limited. I've tried out Bang Muay Thai, can you say the same?

Ludwig varies his system depending on the fighter, this is true, and fighters like Chad Mendes improved under him and he didn't really ever switch stances- but as it stands, to call him the best striking coach just isn't accurate - it's not that what he teaches doesn't work, it's that he only really has one guy who he coaches at a high level - so to call him the best striking coach in MMA is flawed.

His style is eye catching because of Dillashaw, who switch stances and throws lengthy combinations like I said, but the bread and butter style of Zahabi, building off of the jab, pendulum kick and surprise high kick is a more proven way of striking and Zahabi's guys consistently perform well in the UFC.

If you think you know how well I understand his system based off of one flippant comment, then you're understanding of me is very limited. I've tried out Bang Muay Thai, can you say the same?

Ludwig varies his system depending on the fighter, this is true, and fighters like Chad Mendes improved under him and he didn't really ever switch stances- but as it stands, to call him the best striking coach just isn't accurate - it's not that what he teaches doesn't work, it's that he only really has one guy who he coaches at a high level - so to call him the best striking coach in MMA is flawed.

His style is eye catching because of Dillashaw, who switch stances and throws lengthy combinations like I said, but the bread and butter style of Zahabi, building off of the jab, pendulum kick and surprise high kick is a more proven way of striking and Zahabi's guys consistently perform well in the UFC.

So a guy that trains more MMA fighters has had more success than a guy who trains one MMA fighter?

Shocking.

I'm fine with your reasoning, but your flippant comment (as you call it) was just flat out ignorant, so I was calling you out on it.

Thank you for expanding on your reasoning.

So a guy that trains more MMA fighters has had more success than a guy who trains one MMA fighter?

Shocking.

I'm fine with your reasoning, but your flippant comment (as you call it) was just flat out ignorant, so I was calling you out on it.

Thank you for expanding on your reasoning.

No, it wasn't ignorant. The question was who is the best MMA striking coach, that is not Duane Ludwig - and my comment that you don't need to be able to switch stance lots in long combinations is accurate - hence why most fighters don't do it.

Happy to help.

Hahahahaha, you're joking, right? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didnt his guy Gaston Bolanos get pieced up a little while ago?

as a Gym his fighters in kickboxing and mma went 46-6 last year. Gaston got taken down and subbed but wasn’t pieced up. Dude is a Young hot blooded Latin kid who let his opponent get under his skin. His last fight was against a far more experienced fighter and Gaston got the KO of the year. Not bad for his 3rd mma fight ever.

rafael cordeiro, seems to be one of the very finest mma striking coaches. ludwig seems to be doing a god job lately also.

as a Gym his fighters in kickboxing and mma went 46-6 last year. Gaston got taken down and subbed but wasn’t pieced up. Dude is a Young hot blooded Latin kid who let his opponent get under his skin. His last fight was against a far more experienced fighter and Gaston got the KO of the year. Not bad for his 3rd mma fight ever.
Uh.. you kidding right? Hahahaha! The guy Gaston Bolanos KO'ed was a can. https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/151364-rick-gutierrez

my bad. Point still stands though- csa fighters win, and kirian doesn’t take a dime from his pros.
You do know a lot of the CSA fighters aren't "home grown." Kirian is famously known to steal fighters from other gyms. He talk shit about other gyms' coaches, and just somehow able to get other gyms' fighters to ditch their coaches and gym to join CSA. All there is to CSA is a big fancy state of the art facility that attracts fighters from other gyms to train there.

And if there's any gyms in the Bay Area that is hosting a smoker event at their gym, it's well known that CSA will snitch and inform the California State Athletics Commission, hoping they didn't follow proper procedures so the event gets shut down. What a fucking hater. LOL.

Last edited:
Rafael Cordeiro
Henri Hooft

IMHO

Back