Best mma RNC

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I just watched The Notorious on Netflix. I finally noticed how Nate sunk the choke in their first fight. He chin strapped Conor and lifted his head then punched so that Conor would turn into the choke. I can’t believe I never noticed and I can’t believe I’ve never learned this. It’s such a simple but brilliant move.

Yup, it was smooth as hell.

GSP did essentially the same thing to Bisping too.

One punch, slide arm under the chin, night night.

Yup, it was smooth as hell.

GSP did essentially the same thing to Bisping too.

One punch, slide arm under the chin, night night.

That was so fucking clean. Blew my mind too because GSP was never a big sub finisher before he came back.

mma_g_stpierre_600.jpeg

images

Georges-St.-Pierre-vs.-Frank-Trigg.jpg

Good post. I guess I'm thinking of the failed kimuras and armbars on Hughes, Koscheck and Dan Hardy. And his RNC on Trigg was super basic. Hand not behind the head etc.

My point is that GSP sunk that RNC on Bisping like he was at ADCC. He's one of my favorite fighters I wasn't trying to hate on the guy.

Good post. I guess I'm thinking of the failed kimuras and armbars on Hughes, Koscheck and Dan Hardy. And his RNC on Trigg was super basic. Hand not behind the head etc.

My point is that GSP sunk that RNC on Bisping like he was at ADCC. He's one of my favorite fighters I wasn't trying to hate on the guy.
i think for a while he just abandoned submissions. before serra, i feel he was a lot more dynamic. after that loss, he changed both physically, and how he approached fights.

man i wish he still wanted to fight. GSP was fun to watch.

i think for a while he just abandoned submissions. before serra, i feel he was a lot more dynamic. after that loss, he changed both physically, and how he approached fights.

man i wish he still wanted to fight. GSP was fun to watch.
Agreed. Especially after that last fight. His Bisping fight is one of his most entertaining fights. Cemented him as the GOAT to me.

Yeah, I was just laughing at how the perception changed when at one point GSP was an assassin on the ground. The RNC against Trigg might not have been pretty, but he choked the fight out of him. Trigg went from contender to falling out of the sport.

For nice RNCs, Roger vs Randleman is up there. I remember Nick Diaz grabbing his glove like an Ezekiel but cant remember the fight. And of course, the iconic BJ vs Joe Daddy.

Yeah, I was just laughing at how the perception changed when at one point GSP was an assassin on the ground. The RNC against Trigg might not have been pretty, but he choked the fight out of him. Trigg went from contender to falling out of the sport.

For nice RNCs, Roger vs Randleman is up there. I remember Nick Diaz grabbing his glove like an Ezekiel but cant remember the fight. And of course, the iconic BJ vs Joe Daddy.

rogers RNC vs Randleman was just brutal... thats what I call eyes about to come out.

GSP has always been fucking incredible on the ground, but I think he just got so fucking rattled by the Serra loss that he went in to Safe Mode and became the impenetrable fortress of defense and strategy that we saw later in his career.

I found it fascinating hearing GSP on JRE talk about how the changes he's made in his training and competitive philosophy led to the Bisping choke.

I also loved how GSP choked Bisping without the hooks in, instead using his legs to create an even more brutal angle on the RNC. So good.

But I agree about Roger's RNC on Randleman. That shit was ridiculously tight. Looked like Roger literally compressed Randleman's neck in to half the size.

rogers RNC vs Randleman was just brutal... thats what I call eyes about to come out.
Didn't one of the Strikeforce commentators say that Randleman had a glass neck? lol. Nice RNC tho

My favorite part about the Hughes arm bar was how he deliberately didn’t end the fight earlier to get an arm at back on Him.. i love it

Didn't one of the Strikeforce commentators say that Randleman had a glass neck? lol. Nice RNC tho
What’s a glass neck?

Roger almost pulled rabflemans eyes off... that’s what one would say a hell of a squeeze

For nice RNCs, Roger vs Randleman is up there.

Came here to say this but everyone else already did. Goddamn it feels good to be so unique. That shit was deeper than Mandingo in an 80 pound crack whore.

After the GSP vs Trigg fight Trigg commented on how he couldn't believe how good and how strong GSP was. That was a statement win for GSP for sure. I always liked Trigg, and he had a nice run at MW outside the UFC after that, but overall I feel he doesn't get the props he deserves. And I find it funny that Dana gave him the backhanded compliment of being inducted into the UFC HOF for a fight in which he got choked out. Fuc*in Dana.

Renan Barao choking out Brad Pickett was friggin unreal. More so for the back take then the actual choke though.

What’s a glass neck?

Roger almost pulled rabflemans eyes off... that’s what one would say a hell of a squeeze
I mean, the commentator used the phrase 'glass neck' like 'glass chin'. It sounded so odd to hear someone say that, lol

Marat Gafurov and Kevin Lee have some of the nicest rncs i've seen in mma competition.

My personal favourite is BJ Kojima against Yuki Shojo in Shooto. It's just a lighting quick back take to the choke and was super smooth. The entire fight used to be on youtube, but was taken down. You can find most of the sequence here, though:

Back