best mma defense

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
mma defense is something that hasnt been figured out thats why so many fights can go either way and lots of fluke kos

bobing weaving isnt very good and covering up is only ok for 1 or 2 punches only its hard to slip every single punch and parrying each shot isnt gonna be a good tactic to use everytime whats the best method of dealing with punchest o you

yeah
feet>head>hands for defence imo
yeah main problem is guys get so use to training with 16 oz gloves and its easy to be lazy and cover up with them then when they fight there distance is slightly off given the extra padding on the gloves to give them an extra inch or so then easier defense.

i use boxing gloves for bag work and hard sparring but i love to go 50% with mma gloves moving around getting distance and working on defense but yeah movement is key but if a guys aggressive its hard to just move away from every shot its just so different from all other striking u cant ever relax stay flat footed cover up and take your time being how explosive it is

mma defense is something that hasnt been figured out thats why so many fights can go either way and lots of fluke kos

bobing weaving isnt very good and covering up is only ok for 1 or 2 punches only its hard to slip every single punch and parrying each shot isnt gonna be a good tactic to use everytime whats the best method of dealing with punchest o you
You block them with your face, duh.
<{JustBleed}>

Bad hygiene. Nobody wants to trane or roll with the guy who has staph and smells like poo

a combination of everything, you cant do one specifict thing or technique all the time. I think duane ludwigs system of fighting right now is what i consider top level mma striking.

Ryan Hall had very effective self-defense vs Gray Maynard.

TD defense from wrestling + low-to-mid-level boxing

Round out defense for everything in several months of training and sparring with pros in an MMA gym (if you're talented)

It doesn't take years to learn defense from most attacks. Learning defense from boxing takes longer than just learning pure, dedicated boxing (which takes forever because it's turtles all the way down)

Last edited:
Head movement and then guard IMO. To many holes for those little ass gloves to slip through to rely only on a tight guard.

Everyone always says head movement can be timed with knees and kicks which is true but what is the alternative? Just leave your head in one place for them to kick? I always tell people I train for MMA that most kicks should be answered with a TD anyway, so after 1 kick your opponent should be thinking twice about that again.

Also stance. It all depends on the fighter and his style obviously but I like to fight out of the modified boxing stance slightly bladed and just barely taller than a traditional wrestling stance.

This lowered stance gives you a far better base to deal with the inevitable wrestling exchanges that you will be forced to contend with.

Head movement and then guard IMO. To many holes for those little ass gloves to slip through to rely only on a tight guard.

Everyone always says head movement can be timed with knees and kicks which is true but what is the alternative? Just leave your head in one place for them to kick? I always tell people I train for MMA that most kicks should be answered with a TD anyway, so after 1 kick your opponent should be thinking twice about that again.

Also stance. It all depends on the fighter and his style obviously but I like to fight out of the modified boxing stance slightly bladed and just barely taller than a traditional wrestling stance.

This lowered stance gives you a far better base to deal with the inevitable wrestling exchanges that you will be forced to contend with.
mhm i have a little mroe squared stance for mma to deal with leg kicks and be able to shoot better nobody really does the muay thai style today really tbh u dont see many guys standiing tall like u did 5 years back its evolved but defense hasnt changed

Ryan Hall had very effective self-defense vs Gray Maynard.
That was one of the weirdest fights I saw. Bait Gray with feeler kicks, when he comes in, butt scoot/pull guard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back