Best mayweahter/pretty boy floyd fight??

Joe Rogan's Kettlebell

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For me the best mayweather Jr. fight was Canelo, he looked unreal

Idk bout pretty boy floyd, i did enjoy when he whopped gatti

The Nelo fight was alright, but I really enjoyed his fights vs. Ego Orrales, Icky Atton and Bert Errero.

Sheer dominance : Corrales.

Entertainement : Augustus or Cotto. Castillo 1, Maidana 1 were also good fights.

Entertainement : Augustus or Cotto.

If I had to make a "desert island" fights list, these would be the two Floyd fights I'd pick. Augustus was just a barn burner that we never saw from Floyd before or after. The Cotto fight is just a masterful display of inside fighting against a great boxer-puncher.

The rest would be an assortment of Clinton Woods.

If I had to make a "desert island" fights list, these would be the two Floyd fights I'd pick. Augustus was just a barn burner that we never saw from Floyd before or after. The Cotto fight is just a masterful display of inside fighting against a great boxer-puncher.

The rest would be an assortment of Clinton Woods.

My main issue with Floyd is that I left the edge of my seat vacant in most of his superior displays of boxing skills. But these 2 fights were tons of fun.

The Cotto fight was by far my favourite of his post-Gatti resume.

It's corralled and it isn't close.

Arturo Gatti? If you like one sided demolitions I guess it's ok.

Floyd's fight with Jesus Chavez is a forgotten gem.

I liked the Cotto fight.

The Corralles fight was PBF on another fucking level. Corralles was tough as shit and Floyd brutalized him. That was Floyd at his absolute peak.

He looked great vs Gatti as well, but Gatti was a no hoper in that fight from the second it was announced.

Chavez, Burton, Corrales, Maidana I, Cotto and Castillo I.

Dealt with adversity in each of these. Outside of Corrales which was pretty much his finest moment, imo.

i appreciate the destruction he laid on gatti, but i can't enjoy it. gatti was awesome, to see him get fucked up like that breaks my heart.

I think that the Hatton fight was the best single fight to watch. Floyd was challenged early but showed superior skill and class and the fight ended dramatically. Unfortunately, most of Mayweather's fights are "boring" (impressive, but without the drama of either fighter being at risk of getting KOd) and go to decision.

I love his fight against Justin Jukko. Its not really talked about much because Justin was a good fighter but not great. Justin was 33 - 2 at the time and Floyd was only 22 years old. I just loved the way Floyd moved in this fight. Like a cat:

Back