Best matchup for Fedor: Bader or Mitrione?

MileHigher

AKA Mile-Hybrid
@Brown
Reaction score
Who do you think Fedor has the best chance against? My opinion Is he wants to fight the striker in Meathead, but admittedly I have not seen very many of his or Bader’s fights. What say you?

Mitrione is difficult but Bader has better tools that would make a victory pretty hard to obtain for Fedor.

But never forget, all Fedor needs to do is land one sledgehammer and it's potentially over. That applies to anyone.

Who do you think Fedor has the best chance against? My opinion Is he wants to fight the striker in Meathead, but admittedly I have not seen very many of his or Bader’s fights. What say you?
probably the guy who didn't already knock him out?

I mean..... jeskola is swangin' the hammer on this one..

Comes down to if Fedor, at 42, can still sweep a strong top control wrestler. Bader's younger and stronger than Sonnen. While vs Meathead Fedor's grappling would do well. Otherwise it's 60/40 Matt. Tough to say, I'd say Bader cuz Fed's got more time to look for a finish.

Comes down to if Fedor, at 42, can still sweep a strong top control wrestler. Bader's younger and stronger than Sonnen. While vs Meathead Fedor's grappling would do well. Otherwise it's 60/40 Matt. Tough to say, I'd say Bader cuz Fed's got more time to look for a finish.

I agree, it’s definitely a tough call, but Bader is just the better fighter.

Mitrione most likely, style wise. Less clinchy and Fedor could take him down and pound him out if he fought smart.

Though Bader likely couldn’t take a Fedor punch.

bader is chinny, so i might say bader despite being more skilled than meathead

meathead wont go down in 30 seconds like mir did and can take some bombs. dont see fedor stopping him. if anyone would get stopped it would be fedor again.

Bader is a worse matchup

But Mitrione has already beat him before.

Its sad to me that we find Fedor's only real path to victory as landing a KO. He needs to go back to Sambo or just retire ffs.

First he needs to go through a GANGSTER from America. If he beats CHAEL P. SONNEN then I don't think anyone is a challenge for Fedor. Chael by decison tho.

I think Mitrione's the easier fight, we've already seen that he is hittable and can be hurt by Fedor, half a second is all that was in the last fight. I think Bader's wrestling as well as the other skills he presents would be a more difficult challenge.

Rematch with MItrione would be Fedor's best shot.

I think Bader is too much for Fedor at this point

I would say either is pretty bad. One dude with power and long range, the other with superior wrestling, athleticism and game plan.

Fedor did drop Meatheat but he just recovered faster. He also gassed in the Nelson fight and looked lost on the ground.

Story and skill wise, Meathead is who he should hope to get in the finals. Bader would be tough because he's quick and powerful but he's so hittable and has been KO'ed cold enough where I think Fedor has a chance there.

I think Fedor would have an easier time with Bader, who has been chinny at times (Machida KO for example). Bader has good wrestling, but I believe Fedor can neutralize that.

The Mitrione rematch would be awesome though. Their first fight was almost a double KO... I'd like to see Fedor run that back for a W.

We'll see how Bader deals with Mitrione. Bader can beat him on the ground, he just has to get Matt there. Mitrione can KO him from a distance too, so I'm up in the air for picking a winner.

Meathead, and I don't think he has much of a chance there either.

Mitrione is the better fight.

Let's not forget the fight almost ended in a double KO, if Fedor 's faster he could do it.

Mitrione landed on his ass while Fedor landed on his back. It was really close.

Back