Best liquor with Egg Nog? (Tis the Season)

Dark rum is the correct answer
14968796790761782553186.jpeg

I used to make a really great holiday drink called "shots of Crown Russe vodka with a diet Mt. Dew as a chaser." I would NOT recommend it, unfortunately.

To answer the question, I guess I'd say spiced rum because that seems to be the general consensus.

I much prefer burbon in my eggnog to rum. Last night I was putting this in my egg nog
Blade-And-Bow-Bourbon-750ml.jpg

Worked at a farm a few years ago and a coworker made it all herby and shit with rosemary and other stuff in the waffles. Made the chicken like spicy nuggets. We'd eat them like tacos. We'd use birch spruce and maple syrup. Oh yeah and honey. It was the fucking shit. I totally forgot about this. I need to look up how to make that or find this chick and have her teach me.

EDIT: what the fuck? Meant to post this in the chicken and waffles thread. How'd it end up here?

I shall leave it as a reminder of my shame and stupidity.

Brandy and inexpensive brands work fine. For parties I host I sometimes use Calvados.

A couple special ingredients that make it exceptional.
st-elizabeth-allspice-dram-liqueur-austria-10152005.jpg

liq_vel1__13609.1516075058.jpg

They're worth having on your bar year round. I made a customer a drink with the dram and she reached over the bar and kissed me!

Worked at a farm a few years ago and a coworker made it all herby and shit with rosemary and other stuff in the waffles. Made the chicken like spicy nuggets. We'd eat them like tacos. We'd use birch spruce and maple syrup. Oh yeah and honey. It was the fucking shit. I totally forgot about this. I need to look up how to make that or find this chick and have her teach me.

EDIT: what the fuck? Meant to post this in the chicken and waffles thread. How'd it end up here?

I shall leave it as a reminder of my shame and stupidity.
images

It's Egg Nog season y'all. I've never been a huge fan of nog but I've had it with spicy rum a few times and after 3 cups, my leg started kicking. I'm not even a big rum guy but it goes pretty damn good with it. I'm more of a vodka guy but I'm not sure about Grey Goose and egg nog.

eggnog-stuff-620x415.jpg
amazing with egg nog

Cardinal-Sin-starka-and-vodka.jpg

A non aggressive Scotch like Dewar's is a pretty decent option. Chivas Regal as well.

The go to holiday hard drink is mulled wine.

images

Back