Best Left Fielder of All Time (Not named Barry Bonds)?

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Lou Brock, Tim Raines, Rickey Henderson or Ted Williams?
cropped-lou.jpg

tim-raines-kluetmeier.jpg

rickey-henderson-stolenbaserecord-ap.jpg

WilliamsTed.png

Last edited:
Between those 3? Rickey.

Ted Williams is the greatest LF of all time though.

Between those 3? Rickey.

Ted Williams is the greatest LF of all time though.
Yeah I was thinking base runners I'll fix OP, not many stolen bases during Ted's time. But I agree he is better hitter than the three I mentioned. Rickey was a better fielder.

heinie manush, goose soslin and ted williams in no particular order

but my man Larry Herndon needs some love too

heinie manush, goose soslin and ted williams in no particular order

but my man Larry Herndon needs some love too
I'll take Rickey's 1990 season over any of Heinie's.
Goose's 1928 vs. Rickey's 1990 is close but I would still take Rickey

Hope everyone here is at least 120 years old with these opinions of outfielders from so many different eras.

He was actually a pretty solid, athletic right fielder back when he was still in decent shape in cleveland. He really let himself go over the years and had to be relegated to left field.

Brock was a heck of a player. Everyone remembers him for being quick on the basepaths yet he was a dynamic clutch hitter. He posted 3,000+ career hits, .293 career batting average, and .391 career postseason batting average. A member of the revered 1967 World Series squad.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/brock-lou

Dusty Baker > Bonds
For some reason when I think of Dusty I don't imagine him playing I imagine watching the manager walk out of the dugout wearing armbands looking like he has an extreme lower back problem

Yeah I was thinking base runners I'll fix OP, not many stolen bases during Ted's time. But I agree he is better hitter than the three I mentioned. Rickey was a better fielder.

Rickey is GOAT because he was retarded and had some hilarious quotes.

Wheels and the Bash Brothers were my favorite players to watch when I was just a kid, and baseball was still my favorite, dearest sport.

Back