Best KO Artists of all time *UPDATED*

Best KO Artist Of All Time?

• Total voters
Cro Cop, the most feared striker in MMA ever. Ubereem's 2nd most. TRT Vitor 3rd. Anderson 4th (but #2 for a longer time than Ubereem & T-Vitor).

I went with Anderson, mostly for his diverse attacks. Flying knee, uppercut elbow (?), diving knee to the body, A FRONT KICK TO THE FACE!!!

Michael Bisping, the way Hendo KO'd Bisping was a work of art.

Mark Hunt should be on there and Fedor

Hunt Yes, Fedor had some unbelievable KO's, but he was truly a mixed martial artist, wouldn't call him a KO artist. Actually I think Fedor was at his best when he was subbing guys.

Edson Barboza, but no Manhoef...

Melvin_Manhoef_vs._Denis_Kang_1.gif
Melvin-Manhoef-GIFs-08-wrecking-paulo-filho.gif
Melvin-Manhoef-GIFs-04-knockout-and-celebration.gif
source.gif
Melvin_Manhoef_vs_Mark_Hunt.gif
2ln90ky.gif
jFxtPT.gif

I think I overestimated Barboza. Melvin is amazing though

But were those all against elite competition?
Bader, Gus...
I would take Bader, Gus, and Glover KO's over Conor's best three.

Last edited:
Anderson, easily.

He finished almost everyone while he was champ.

Cro Cop

Landing as much left high kick KO's is way way way harder than knocking people out with a punch.

Even more when you land it on guys as tall as Aleks Emelianenko

I don't see Dan Henderson on that poll.
tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

LJrQL0.gif

dan-henderson-kos-tim-boetsch.gif

il04CG.gif

Dan+Henderson+Finishes+Mauricio+Shogun+Rua+UFC+Fight+Night+Natal.gif

HendoWandy.gif

66.gif

The Bisping KO in particular is most definitely qualifies as "art." It's like the Mona Lisa of knockouts.

Melvin Manhoef, Gomi and Robbie Lawler should be on this list.

Edit: and Hendo

I voted Igor.

Hunto. His knockouts are all epic. Leaping left hook Struve. Timberred Nelson. Froze Mir. King of the walk away.

Some example of derivate art, inspired by the H-bomb.
120nkn9.gif

hendohoff.gif~c200

c70469342871b68daef06c9ff2b7830b.jpg

But nothing beats the original. Here's a slow motion version:

8lYImUPueBF8s1_18b6tnu93gcmfKeNPOBa4RThUJdw.gif

Look at the arc of Hendo's movement as he steps in and follows through with that magnificent first punch. Look at the way Bisping's head snaps sideways – the subtle ripples through his cheeks, the speed of his mouthpiece as it goes flying out of the scene. Look at the crowd in the background, as they realize what is happening and begin their standing ovation. Look at how the camera zooms out, creating a wider perspective, and adding additional depth as it fixates on Bisping's tumbling body from a top-down perspective. Look at way Hendo positions his body perfectly over Bisping's corpse before flying into the air, spreading his arms, and soaring like a falcon swooping in on its prey. Look at the way Hendo's fist, forearm, and elbow connect simultaneously with the side of Bisping's head, causing it to jolt several inches from its original position over the Syntha-6 advertisement. The entire scene is accentuated by the generously bloodied canvas. Canvas – what a fitting material! The entire scene is like a giant moving painting.

That, my friends, is what we call "KO Art,"
and Hendo is a great example of what we call a "KO Artist."

Some example of derivate art, inspired by the H-bomb.
120nkn9.gif

hendohoff.gif~c200

c70469342871b68daef06c9ff2b7830b.jpg

But nothing beats the original. Here's a slow motion version:

8lYImUPueBF8s1_18b6tnu93gcmfKeNPOBa4RThUJdw.gif

Look at the arc of Hendo's movement as he steps in and follows through with that magnificent first punch. Look at the way Bisping's head snaps sideways – the subtle ripples through his cheeks, the speed of his mouthpiece as it goes flying out of the scene. Look at the crowd in the background, as they realize what is happening and begin their standing ovation. Look at how the camera zooms out, creating a wider perspective, and adding additional depth as it fixates on Bisping's tumbling body from a top-down perspective. Look at way Hendo positions his body perfectly over Bisping's corpse before flying into the air, spreading his arms, and soaring like a falcon swooping in on its prey. Look at the way Hendo's fist, forearm, and elbow connect simultaneously with the side of Bisping's head, causing it to jolt several inches from its original position over the Syntha-6 advertisement. The entire scene is accentuated by the generously bloodied canvas. Canvas – what a fitting material! The entire scene is like a giant moving painting.

That, my friends, is what we call "KO Art,"
and Hendo is a great example of what we call a "KO Artist."

Just added Hendo as an option, definitely one of the best ever.

How is Wanderlei Silva not on the list?
Because the only worthwhile fighter he ever KO'd was Rampage. Saku was shot by the time their fight happened, so that doesn't count.

He's literally the epitome of can crusher. Tough guy, but doesn't have wins over many elite guys, if at all.

Anderson probably the safe pick based on quantity, his KOs were efficient, diverse, and seemingly effortless, but in terms of straight up vicious brutality I gotta go with my man Rumble. There was a point in time where he had beaten 6 of the UFC top 10 LHWs, five of them by brutal KO. I can only imagine a world where he didn't throw the Cormier rematch and established himself as the true GOAT LHW striker.

We always talk about who is the greatest fighter of all time in general, but who is the best KO artist ever?

I am sure I forgot some, tell me who else you think should be on the poll

EDIT: Added Mark Hunt and Dan Henderson. Want to take Barboza out but can't.

How is Conor Not on here?

Just post Anderson against Fryklund, Franklin, Belfort and Griffin and close the damn thread.

That makes no sense. Manhoef has fought a whos who of champs in the K-1 world. Ridiculous that he's not on here.
Who he fought in K-1 means nothing when we are talking about best KO artist in MMA

Cro Cop has it let's get real the guy had the most spectacular, signature KO head kick.

Back