Best Jiu Jitsu Gym in Orange County? Instruction and tough competition...

look the best option is to find the closest school for you. That beats anything imho.

just go in do to all the schools you are interested in and do some trial classes.

I heard training at Leo Vieira's place would be perfect for me. A ton of no gi and gi work. A little too north for me but I guess I can make the drive everyday from Irvine....

Big DD-

Leo will be teaching at his brother's gym, Fight Zone USA, in January. Fight Zone USA - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Long Beach, CA He should be in the academy whenever he's in town.

We also have a few guys that come up from Aliso Viejo, so let us know and we can try to arrange a carpool up to Long Beach (obviously Fight Zone isn't in Orange County - sorry for the hijack!)

I just recently visited Allan Goes (I split time between San Clemente and San Diego). Pretty awesome guy, and class was enjoyable. A good amount of blues and purples and I think there were 2 brown belts and another black belt (beside Allan Goes). So I basically got smashed pretty good. Good instructions from Goes.

Also, in San Clemente, there's Paulo Guillobel. He's also a cool guy and basically gave me a bunch of tips on guard breaking techniques (I have rather stubby legs so I've always had trouble with getting the legs to "pop") when I had trouble breaking guards. He also has good instruction. The good thing about Guillobel is he ends classes with a bit of positional drilling so you can use what you learned during the class. Of course, you can roll after class during the open mat time.

to be honest you can find world class instructors at the Gracie Barra schools with backgrounds to prove. given, there are other teachers out there, but you cant go wrong with the guys marcio feitosa brings in from brazil.

theres tons and every one that everyone mentioned so far is worth checking out.

I heard training at Leo Vieira's place would be perfect for me. A ton of no gi and gi work. A little too north for me but I guess I can make the drive everyday from Irvine....

yea definitely check it out youll love it youll learn so much wicked half guard stuff from lucas leite this guys probably the best at it right now. You might also want to check out Erick Paulsons in Fullerton if your leaning to towards a more mma style gym that place is huge with a bunch of pro fighters lots of no gi mma, stand up, cage work, known for their leg locks too

Chute Boxe Long Beach 4720 E 7th Street ,contact 714 493 6002

How about a smaller friendly school, not necessarily top level or most black and brown belts, but nice easy going place to train for a guy who's a new-ish blue belt, older guy who never plans to comptete, just to enjoy jiu jitsu without a lot of hard core smashing types? In this same area?

When you put it that way, I don't think you really know what BJJ is......

I would go to the Rounders MMA and Boxing School. They have all the essential martial arts styles including a Pro Boxing Program. They also have a strong kids program. This is a friendly environment where there are no egos. Everybody here is really nice and helpful. The gym is located in Santa Ana. 1241 E Chestnut ave. Unit H Santa Ana Ca 92701. They are near the Santa Ana Boxing club and a couple other gyms in the area.l

Gracie Barra Garden Grove. They have the typical structured beginner's program that most Gracie Barra's offer, but also have quit a few up-and-coming competitors.

They moved about 3 years ago, so here is their current location:
12062 Valley View St #101
Garden Grove, CA 92845
(714) 655-6050

I assume most of you are looking for adult classes, so here is a link for more info.

I dunno if one of their students is a videoographer, but they have been pumping out some pretty sweet videos:

Last edited:
Man these rebirths of old threads keep messing me up. The guy said check out this MySpace page. WTF. Oh thread was from 2009.

I wonder if TS has any pro fights and is still a purple belt

Back