Best Jiu Jitsu Gym in Orange County? Instruction and tough competition...

BigDD

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm moving to the orange county area in March and looking to find the best training and instruction in the area?
Here are my 2 main objectives in the gym i'm looking for...
1. Great Instruction
2. Great Jiu Jitsu players to really push me to my limit.
I'm a new pro mma fighter and i've found my boxing coach and muay thai coach in the area, now looking to find the best of the best jiu jitsu in the area. Thanks for your responses,
D
Also guys that have or do train there, can you give me the good and the bad regarding the gyms, thanks

Orange County is filled with awesome gyms. Go to as many gyms as you can and see what fits you best. Everyone on here will recommend THEIR gym. With that being said, feel free to stop by Ralph Gracie OC for some solid training.
Other top schools in the area would be Tinguinha, GB America, Cleber Luciano's and Leo Vieira. Good luck!

What gym is going to have the most black belt and brown belts to roll with on a daily basis? I'm guessing Gracie Barra in Lake Forest since it's GB-America right? How many would you say train there on a daily basis(black and brown belts)? I'm a purple belt right now. Thanks

Where in the OC are you moving to?

Also, what gym are you coming from? You said your a purple now right?

And fyi, if you want it, you can get a pro fighter tag with your real name as your screen name. All you need to do is PM a MOD for it.

Cleber Luciano Jiu Jitsu in Huntington. or Candals Mixed Martial Arts at Brookhurst and Katella. Hope youre talking about Orange County, CALIFORNIA. Cleber has an amazing reputation, as does Candals. Both are top notch. Im with Candals. you can go here for some more info, if youd like...

myspace.com/candalsmma

How about a smaller friendly school, not necessarily top level or most black and brown belts, but nice easy going place to train for a guy who's a new-ish blue belt, older guy who never plans to comptete, just to enjoy jiu jitsu without a lot of hard core smashing types? In this same area?

@clarkgriswold

Candal's would be good for you. When I meant "top notch", I meant, instructor wise.. We take it pretty easy there. We do attend competitions, but they're optional. We have just about every age group there, kids, young adults, adults, older adults. If you'd like more information, you can go to that myspace link above, or here, Myspace.com/candalsmma. We also provide very affordable contracts, good instruction, easy laid back environment, core exercise, and a bunch of other stuff. Like I said, check out the myspace for more information..

Cleber's is more upbeat, he's a competitor. But still a great trainer. He's studied directly under several Gracie's, I believe, including Helio.

I'll be close to the mission viejo area. Looking to train with guys that are competing for state/national/world titles. I train with Greg Nelson up in Minnesota. Great mma training up here but i'm done with the cold weather, time to enjoy some beautiful weather.

Bill "The Grill" Cooper's gym is located in Newbury Park, CA depending on exactly where you are living.

The school is run out of the Newbury Park Athletic Club at 161 N. Reino Rd., Newbury Park, CA 91320.

Phone at (805) 276-0014 or email at [email protected]

I'll be close to the mission viejo area. Looking to train with guys that are competing for state/national/world titles. I train with Greg Nelson up in Minnesota. Great mma training up here but i'm done with the cold weather, time to enjoy some beautiful weather.

If i were living in Mission Viejo, i wouldn't want to drive to HB everyday to train. Lake Forrest might be the better option. Although, i dont know if they do much, if any MMA out of GB America HQ.

If you are still looking at places though, i might suggest Long Beach. Its relatively cheaper than most cities in OC, with still all the same stuff. Nice beaches, minutes away from malls, restaurants, freeways, etc... Its also the home of Mundials and 15 minutes from Pan Ams/Nationals. My gym Brazilian Top Team is located here as well.

Marcelo Perdomo is the head instructor, and Murilo Bustamante is a constant presence here as well. We have many high level competitors on our team, over a dozen Pan Ams/Worlds/Nationals Medalists at the white, blue, and purple belt levels, including several Gold medalists in their respective belts.

Just something to keep in mind.

Ralph Gracie OC has a few really tough purples I know of, and I'm sure there are many more tough guys in general.

^ Yeah but they just lost their best purple belt Sean when he moved up to SF to train with Ralph full time.

That kid is a stud.

gb mission viejo is headed by roger gracie's training partner.

I live in Mission Viejo and train at Lotus Club in Irvine. Check out teamoyamamma.com for more information. Givanildo Santana is the BJJ coach.

Thanks guys for the help. Brazilian Top Team in Long Beach? Interesting....

Yeah man, hit me up with a PM if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Id be more than happy to answer anything about the Academy.

^ Yes thats true Allan is in Mission.

Hes a very nice guy! Good school he has out there. I cannot say enough good things about him. Very cool down to earth guy.

Back