Best HW outside of UFC/Bellator

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just curious what people's thoughts of this are. I love this flawed division and for some reason the big guys interest me more. Big power means things can change in a second and their size also means good fighters can wind up having a slop fest. I guess maybe it has to be Ivanov. 30 years old and was the champ of a major org but now they're switching to PFL. Still 15-1 as a HW is impressive. Here's a couple others in the convo:

Ivan Shtyrkov (11-0) - I think he's too small to be honest.
Tony Johnson (11-3) - Tad boring and a little one dimensional but he's a tough out, idk why Bellator cut him.
Sergey Pavlovich (11-0) - I'd think he's in the mix but I haven't seen him fight yet.
Denis Goltsov (19-5) - Young and violent, lost recently but I think he's going to be a threat for sure.
Amir Aliakbari (7-1) - Huge wrestler with good credentials.

Who am I missing? Who do you think is the best HW outside those orgs regardless of prospect status etc.

Isn't he with Bellator? Could have sworn I heard they worked things out lately and he was going to fight for them.

They do some light flirting but it has been 3 1/2 years since he last fought in Bellator and he has had 6 fights in the meantime so I won't believe he is back until I see it.

They do some light flirting but it has been 3 1/2 years since he last fought in Bellator and he has had 6 fights in the meantime so I won't believe he is back until I see it.

Fair, didn't realize it had been 3 and 1/2 years, would have guessed like 2.

I like the way Goltsov fights. Think he may be too small to hold off the HW grapplers but he's an interesting guy to watch.

He has great jab and high kick. But he can be taken down, controlled and possibly even pounded out by hw grapplers.

When is that guy with the Dallas Cowboys making his debut?

When is that guy with the Dallas Cowboys making his debut?

You mean Greg Hardy

Not sure when

As of July-August 2017 he's still banking on a debut at some point. Less than a year ago though and after all the domestic issues, he was again arrested but for cocaine whatnot. If he ever does get to the ring, I'm seeing a one-off event depending on how squared away this guy can get himself.

Still want the Russians Vitaly Minakov & Sergey Pavlovich. Darko Stosic and Blagoi.. lots of others would be good middle of the pact guys.

Back