Best Footwork In MMA History

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For me it clearly has to be Dom Cruz... I love his unorthodox style and all his success is based off of his ridiculous footwork. Who else is a great technical athlete, specific to footwork?

Last edited:
For me, its GSP. In his prime he had a striking defense rate of like 78%. Dude was untouchable, and it wasn't because he was blocking shots. He was always half an inch away from whatever was supposed to hit him.

Dom's footwork is overrated because it's flashy and weird looking.

Conor Mcgregor, he's the best boxer in mma

Conor is good at just stepping out of his opponents range then coming back with that straight left.

Most guys from lower weight classes like MM and TJ. Skilled strikers like Till and Thompson too.

Anderson and Aldo had great movement and angles in there primes

For me, its GSP. In his prime he had a striking defense rate of like 78%. Dude was untouchable, and it wasn't because he was blocking shots. He was always half an inch away from whatever was supposed to hit him.

Dom's footwork is overrated because it's flashy and weird looking.
GSP was one of the guys I considered in making this thread. Wonderboy as well, & @LLD2008 McGregor's footwork is phenomenal and sets up his devastating left hand - good call. I disagree that Dom is overrated. His footwork sets up everything he does in a fight. it is flashy I totally agree with that but he is so quick on the feet. He throws punches in stances that most guys would't even think about throwing, his balance allows him to strike at any moment. It took until he faced a great boxer like Garbrandt to make him look bad. Even then he was multiple surgeries into his career.

GSP was one of the guys I considered in making this thread. Wonderboy as well, & @LLD2008 McGregor's footwork is phenomenal and sets up his devastating left hand - good call. I disagree that Dom is overrated. His footwork sets up everything he does in a fight. it is flashy I totally agree with that but he is so quick on the feet. He throws punches in stances that most guys would't even think about throwing, his balance allows him to strike at any moment. It took until he faced a great boxer like Garbrandt to make him look bad. Even then he was multiple surgeries into his career.

For sure, I think Dom is awesome and i think he's the current GOAT of 135 (not that it matters since it's so young) but he did some really creative shit with his stance switching while he moved too.

For me it clearly has to be Dom Cruz

tenor.gif

Dom has the ugliest footwork imo.

Dom has the ugliest footwork imo.
it doesn't necessarily matter whether someones footwork is ugly or pretty... as long as it's effective. I've always thought Dom had a very aesthetically pleasing style (other than his lack of punching power haha), who do you think has elite footwork? Since you think Dom's style is ugly I'm curious who you enjoy?

For me it clearly has to be Dom Cruz... I love his unorthodox style but all his success is based off of his ridiculous footwork. Who else is a great technical athlete, specific to footwork?

Cruz is the footwork Goat. TJ’s whole style is based off Cruz

For me it clearly has to be Dom Cruz... I love his unorthodox style but all his success is based off of his ridiculous footwork. Who else is a great technical athlete, specific to footwork?

Dom has a lot of volume in his footwork, but I think much of it is unnecessary and probably less effective than people think. His size does a lot of the work for him. He never has to get inside an opponent’s reach. I think Garbrandt’s footwork is better. It’s more subtle, but that’s because he actually knows how to box.

Dom has a lot of volume in his footwork, but I think much of it is unnecessary and probably less effective than people think. His size does a lot of the work for him. He never has to get inside an opponent’s reach. I think Garbrandt’s footwork is better. It’s more subtle, but that’s because he actually knows how to box.

Dom just spazzes out. He's unpredictable even to himself.

Back