Best fairtex gloves for sparring

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I heard the BGV5 and BGV6 aren't that great so I'm looking for an alternative choice. Only interested in velcro models as I need to take my gloves on and off quickly during training.

I am mainly interested in Fairtex gloves due to their smaller profile and because Fairtex (and other Thai brands) are generally better constructed than other brands.

Thanks!

EDIT: I am going to be using these gloves for MT and boxing.

Last edited:
The F-Day gloves have a nice padding for sparring imo. They are made of syntec leather which can turn people off.

İ bought bgv5 50 dollars in amazon i read all article about bgv5 but it is not that bad im happy with it
i adviced you buy bgv1 18 oz gloves for sparring because bgv1 16 oz looks 14 oz breathable version looks 12 oz

I heard the BGV5 and BGV6 aren't that great so I'm looking for an alternative choice. Only interested in velcro models as I need to take my gloves on and off quickly during training.

I am mainly interested in Fairtex gloves due to their smaller profile and because Fairtex (and other Thai brands) are generally better constructed than other brands.

Thanks!

They are called TWINS.

l@nd0 .

Thanks!

I own a pair of BGV6 and have a review up of them in the review section. I can recommend them but I'm sure there are better out there. Are you doing Thai or boxing? because there are vast differences between the gloves that should be used in them.
If you're doing Thai you can easily just get some Twins or some Fairtex BGV1's. If you're doing boxing I'd recommend the BGV6 but they're not on par with the BGV9 which are unsuitable for sparring.

Edit: Didn't see your edit. You're probably best off just getting some Twins gloves as they'll be suitable for both. While Fairtex BGV1's are good they don't usually get the same props from Thai fighters as the Twins brand do.

Last edited:
I have a pair of BGV11 F Days, and I really like them. They are my first non-leather glove, and I am really surprised by the quality. I would never have given them a chance, but I saw them in real life in the store and the fit and quality is better than my Sabas SS 2.0's, which is saying a lot. With an injured middle knuckle, these are the only gloves that don't hurt my hands even when just wearing them, and they have a good balance between protection and softness that lends itself well to bag, pads or sparring. Great all around glove IMO. The syntek leather is very high quality and seems very durable, it looks almost like a matte finish real leather, and mine still look like new after many rounds and I don't find my hands sweating any more than in leather gloves. I would buy them again, actually am considering another pair, but am torn between them and the BGV9 that I've heard great things about.

I am struggling to decide on some boxing sparing gloves. I am thinking either the Faritex BGV6 or UMA RT41 they are basically the same price has anyone tried both or have a strong opinion on whats best?

i love windy gloves for sparring i think they make the best padded gloves most muay thai gloves have stiff padding and are too thin i feel idk why people love twins my buddy had a pair of twins back in 2011 and i hated them so stiff but iv always liked windy gloves sad they are hard to come by nowadays

i love windy gloves for sparring i think they make the best padded gloves most muay thai gloves have stiff padding and are too thin i feel idk why people love twins my buddy had a pair of twins back in 2011 and i hated them so stiff but iv always liked windy gloves sad they are hard to come by nowadays

Too thin? Most muay thai gloves are thicker than your average boxing glove, Most Twins gloves are big and soft padded unless they're fight gloves. The other issue with your statement is stiff padding would make them hard to open your palm up to catch kicks and clinch. Muay Thai gloves generally have softer padding to allow for more hand movement.

Last edited:
Fairtex BGV6 are my gloves for sparring and I really like them. They have a long cuff and more of a boxing profile, but I've used them without issue for Muay Thai. I really dig their profile. I don't think they get enough love.

Too thin? Most muay thai gloves are thicker than your average boxing glove, Most Twins gloves are big and soft padded unless they're fight gloves. The other issue with your statement is stiff padding would make them hard to open your palm up to catch kicks and clinch. Muay Thai gloves generally have softer padding to allow for more hand movement.

idk this was years ago maybe twins gloves are diff now it was solid white with red flames not sure which model didnt have real leather as synthetic very stiff padding

i just glove the shape of windys feel they have better protection for both user and partner

idk this was years ago maybe twins gloves are diff now it was solid white with red flames not sure which model didnt have real leather as synthetic very stiff padding

i just glove the shape of windys feel they have better protection for both user and partner

Those were fake Twins, that cost about $15 off Ebay.

Back