S

• Thread starter Deleted member 500785
  • Start date
Gloves on vs gloves off but Shane's hands were massive (and larger).

Side note, Joe looks so happy lol!

Two shaved giant gorillas making a promise to fight each other?

Which MMA fan wouldn't be so happy?

Too many people have good this or that which lead to KOs as opposed to just having naturally heavy hands.

Look at Nelson or Carwin, they don't even need to throw with proper technique and it doesn't even appear to take much effort at times but they touch you and usually you would go out.

Two shaved giant gorillas making a promise to fight each other?

Which MMA fan wouldn't be so happy?

You know he ran home and prolly climbed on top of his wife...

Sam Alvey is a good example to me. He looks so slow and plodding, and certainly doesn't have an impressive physique by MMA standards, yet he hurts almost everyone he lands on.

Much longer ago than I really care to think about, I was watching a boxing match. Two heavyweights, one had they other backed against the ropes and was leaning on him. The dude against the ropes threw a short left hook that flatlined the other guy. I'd give a name if I could dredge it up, or even had something to go by to Google. It was back when ESPN and USA both had weekly boxing shows. I remember watching the replay and thinking, "How the fuck did he generate any power at all with that shot?"

Alex Hernandez. Keep your eyes peeled for this prospect.

giphy.gif
I’m not saying he’s not heavy handed, but just about any lw could knock another out with those kind of swings he was throwing. Those were wingers, caught Dariush off guard imo.

True that..
First time I saw him clasp his hands on table, I literally took my glasses off and gave them a good wiping as I put them back on- was like " DAAAMMN"

Are you a character in a terrible comedy?

I met a few people that didn't believe heavy hands were real. What are the best examples of heavy hands? Please include gifs. Is there such a thing as heavy kicks?
In relation to size, I’d say Lineker. It’s easy for heavier fighter to have a heavy punch .

How the hell has no one said Carwin yet? Literally the biggest hands in MMA history, and quite possibly the hardest puncher the sport has ever seen....

Lesnar and HMC were the only ones to wear 4XL gloves but they even had to cut that glove just to fit around Shane's hand
Omg!!! That’s insane. Rob Monroe actually has a special tool to stretch out the Mma gloves for super big fighters.

I think it's pretty clear after looking at this thread that most mma fans don't understand what heavy hands are. You guys should have to watch at least 1 year of actual boxing before you watch mma.

I might be alone, but when I hear "heavy hands," I don't think of guys who throw violent, swinging shots. I think of guys with KO power like this:

It looks like he's just touching Moorer, and puts him out cold.

Cant remember who said it or what it was from but they compared Foreman and Tysons power. They said the getting hit by Tyson was like getting hit by a Ferrari going 200mph. Getting hit by Foreman was like being hit by a freight train. Both hurt but With Foreman, you felt it in your bones.

I think it's when fighters got a slow punch but they can still develop fuckton of power

kohlkojudsonip0.gif
shane-carwin_christian-wellisch.gif

2i6jf9t.jpg
UxA2.gif

Johny+Hendricks+Knockouts+Martin+Kampmann+UFC+154.gif
144big0.jpg

Mark-Hunt-KO.gif

SecondhandFrankAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

I think it's when fighters got a slow punch but they can still develop fuckton of power

kohlkojudsonip0.gif
shane-carwin_christian-wellisch.gif

2i6jf9t.jpg
UxA2.gif

Johny+Hendricks+Knockouts+Martin+Kampmann+UFC+154.gif
144big0.jpg

Mark-Hunt-KO.gif

SecondhandFrankAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif
Every one of these gifs are exactly what we're not talking about. These are all examples of guys closing their eyes and throwing overhand haymakers. Anybody can KO somebody when they do that.

Back