Best ephedra substitute?

No it hasn't. As of August 17th OF THIS YEAR, the 10th District Appeals Court in Colorado upheld the initial ban.

Jesus Christ I don't know why people are so hard-headed about the ban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedra

Right in the section entitled "Regulation History in the United States"...

On August 17, 2006 a three judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit overruled a lower United States District Court decision by Judge Tena Campbell for the District of Utah.

King Kabuki said:
No it hasn't. As of August 17th OF THIS YEAR, the 10th District Appeals Court in Colorado upheld the initial ban.

Jesus Christ I don't know why people are so hard-headed about the ban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedra

Right in the section entitled "Regulation History in the United States"...

Thanks for the link. I had heard it was legal again, but I don't take it- made me liable to anger outbursts.

But you can shove the attitude. I wasn't being hard-headed, I was trying to inform. If I was wrong, well, I stand corrected.

But you can shove the attitude. I wasn't being hard-headed, I was trying to inform. If I was wrong, well, I stand corrected.

Nah, the attitude will stay. Reason?

Because a simple search of this forum would have yielded the information I posted. Rather than coming in and attempting to correct people, you could have performed a search or read the stickies and kept yourself from looking like a jackass in assuming people (especially staff) don't know what they're talking about.

I began assuming you didn't know what you were talking about, when you said you take pseudoephedrine for a fat burner.
It continues since you resort to calling me names. You weigh what 150 soaking wet?? Give me a break.

I began assuming you didn't know what you were talking about, when you said you take pseudoephedrine for a fat burner.
It continues since you resort to calling me names. You weigh what 150 soaking wet?? Give me a break.

Thanks for proving you're not very well-informed further. If you actually read more of my posts you'd find that I take psuedoephedrine in combination with a fat burning formula. And if you were mentally capable of doing any kind of search you might have stumbled across this:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=362116&highlight=pseudoephedrine

That shows the study-proven benefits of pseudoephedrine as a performance enhancer that basically does the same thing as ephedrine just on a lesser-scale.

And I'm 158lbs, dry, from training to Box at 147. Which has fuck-all to do with anything.

common Kabuki didnt you know you have to weigh at least 200lb to be able to utilize your brain? lol

DEVILsSON said:
common Kabuki didnt you know you have to weigh at least 200lb to be able to utilize your brain? lol
LOL I just thought it was funny, this 158lb banty rooster strutting around with all the attitude, calls himself a boxer, who sinks to taking cold medicine for stimulants.

KK said:
(DayQuil is DA SHIT.)

Too much.

angelo454 said:
LOL I just thought it was funny, this 158lb banty rooster strutting around with all the attitude, calls himself a boxer, who sinks to taking cold medicine for stimulants.

Too much.
No, you were an ass, and he called you on it.

Secondly, I give the runts more shit than anyone in here. But I'm 255 and solid. Have you ever sparred a pro boxer? 160 is 60 more pounds than they need to shut you the fuck up before you shout. Seriously. My coach is 150 (and 50 years old) and one time he hurt me pretty bad. I tried to fucking tell him I didn't throw the hook late on purpose.

Oops.

P.S. Ooh, that reminds me, I wanted to compose a pro-striker thread today about the Top 3 in each weight division. These noobs with their BJJ nuthuggery have become too much to bear.

Sinks to taking cold medicine? Man you can't even get your insults right.

It's ALLERGY medicine. And FYI, Ephedrine HCL is a bronchial dilator, so the person who started this thread is asking about ASTHMA medicine. Why? Because BOTH pseudoephedrine and ephedrine ARE stimulants.

King Kabuki said:
Sinks to taking cold medicine? Man you can't even get your insults right.

It's ALLERGY medicine. And FYI, Ephedrine HCL is a bronchial dilator, so the person who started this thread is asking about ASTHMA medicine. Why? Because BOTH pseudoephedrine and ephedrine ARE stimulants.

The person who started this thread said NOTHING about asthma. READ before you try to sound tough.
Bronchodialation is one of the effects of Ephedrine HCL. That doesn't make it an ASTHMA medicine, it makes it suitable for use to treat ASTHMA.
The thread starter was talking about stimulants and fat burning meds. You suggest taking ALLERGY medicine. I think that's ridiculous. If you have ASTHMA thats one thing, but to misuse this ALLERGY medicine as a stimulant to get your ass up and workout, that's pathetic.
Man up and do the work without the ALLERGY medicine.

angelo454 said:
The person who started this thread said NOTHING about asthma. READ before you try to sound tough.
Bronchodialation is one of the effects of Ephedrine HCL. That doesn't make it an ASTHMA medicine, it makes it suitable for use to treat ASTHMA.
The thread starter was talking about stimulants and fat burning meds. You suggest taking ALLERGY medicine. I think that's ridiculous. If you have ASTHMA thats one thing, but to misuse this ALLERGY medicine as a stimulant to get your ass up and workout, that's pathetic.
Man up and do the work without the ALLERGY medicine.

How is advising taking Ephedrine as a stimulant any different than taking Ephedra(whose active ingredient is Ephedrine)?

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Ephedrine HCL was used as a bronchial dilator far before it's viability as a fat-burner came into question. It's not me who needs to do some reading. Using the MaHuang alkaloid L-ephedrine in fat-burners as a stimulant was an afterthought to Ephedrine's effectiveness as a bronchial dilator. Therefore this sillyness:

The thread starter was talking about stimulants and fat burning meds. You suggest taking ALLERGY medicine. I think that's ridiculous. If you have ASTHMA thats one thing, but to misuse this ALLERGY medicine as a stimulant to get your ass up and workout, that's pathetic. Man up and do the work without the ALLERGY medicine.

is completely irrelevant considering that a bronchial dilator used as a stimulant (because it IS a stimulant) is the subject of discussion of the thread. That pseudoephedrine has nasal decongestant properties and was used as such prior to it's viability as a performance enhancing stimulant (because it IS a stimulant), doesn't somehow magically make it any less "pathetic" than using a bronchial dilator, or for that matter caffeine, or for that matter any other supplement or medication that's been discovered to have positive results with no detractions for multiple purposes. You've been provided with the scientific evidence that pseudoephedrine is a perfectly viable substance to take to enhance performance as a CNS stimulator, with no negative detractions in the study, which anyone with sense is going to be inclined to agree with as opposed to your "man-up" and all that other blabitiflap you're spouting just because you were wrong and got pissy when I made a general comment about people that YOU took personally.

Nice try though.

KK well said....I dont understand why some people are so up in arms when new uses are found for drugs/supps......Using pseudo is no different than using caffeine....ditto for l-Ephedrine....it's been used effectly as a weight loss supplement and as a performance enhancer....no different than caffeine also.....when used properly these supplements are perfectly safe....

Angelo who are you to pass judgement on anyone? especially coming here and attacking a well established and respected member who also happens to be a MOD......

I actually have asthma. How do I get "the good stuff" from the docs? What do I ask for?

I actually have asthma. How do I get "the good stuff" from the docs? What do I ask for?

Vasopro. Also any good bronchial dilator wether perscription or not should have Ephedrine in them. Just be careful it's addicting. There's a reason it's used to make methamphetamines. And percription stuff comes in pretty addictive doses.

Hey small question now youy guys said that guaifensin is alright if taken with l-ephdrine or pseudo.....what about Chlorpheniramine.....it's in there at 4mg per tablet along with pseudo 60mg per pill....is it still alright to use for the pseudo?

It's just an antihistemine, shouldn't hurt you.

Back