Best ephedra substitute?

Sonny Chiba

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I used fat burning pills that contained ephedra a few years back and they worked really well. I haven't tried any of the new stuff without ephedra and I was wondering if anyone knows what works best. I've been looking at carnitine and stacker but I have no idea if they're any good, I'd appreciate some advice/recommendations. Thanks.

I am using carnitine and animal cuts and am pleased with the results. I have lost 16 lbs since july 5 and have gotten stronger in that time

Mr.Totality said:
I am using carnitine and animal cuts and am pleased with the results. I have lost 16 lbs since july 5 and have gotten stronger in that time

That sounds good, I'll definitely look into it then. What kind of fat burning workout do you do?

ephedrine HCL.....pseudoephedrine HCL on top possibly? with caffeine and aspirin....

what's a good dosage for pseudo? 30? or 60?mg(the recommended dosage for adult for cold medicine, is 60).....

what about aspirin? 81mg?

Sonny Chiba said:
That sounds good, I'll definitely look into it then. What kind of fat burning workout do you do?
due to previous injuries I try not to run. I do however, put the incline of the treadmill as high aas it will go and use a speed I am comfortable with, usually 4.2 or 4.3. I will stay on that for about 30 minutes 5x per week

Mr.Totality said:
due to previous injuries I try not to run. I do however, put the incline of the treadmill as high aas it will go and use a speed I am comfortable with, usually 4.2 or 4.3. I will stay on that for about 30 minutes 5x per week

Definitely sounds like the right thing for me in that case, you have lost quite a lot in a pretty short time. For cardio/fat burning, I usually run for at least 45 minutes 3-4 times a week but just can't to make a breakthrough it seems. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

good deal. additionally I do use arginine for a more defined look. Have found it to work well. Good luck

You can still buy Ephedra. It's sold under "asthma treatments" on some weight loss sites. Or you could just buy one of the synthetic ephedrines.

DEVILsSON said:
ephedrine HCL.....pseudoephedrine HCL on top possibly? with caffeine and aspirin....

what's a good dosage for pseudo? 30? or 60?mg(the recommended dosage for adult for cold medicine, is 60).....

what about aspirin? 81mg?
I wouldn't stack those two. Straight ephedrine HCl is more effective than pseudoephedrine, so if you increased dosage, I would just increase dosage of the former. But then, I wouldn't increase dosage of the former. 25mg of ephedrine HCl and you're good to go.

You can still buy Ephedra. It's sold under "asthma treatments" on some weight loss sites.

People have to watch out for DEA controlled deliveries with that.

King Kabuki said:
People have to watch out for DEA controlled deliveries with that.

I'm pretty sure the ban made it illegal to sell Ephedrine as a diet product but doesn't restrict it being used as a bronchodilator. You can buy Vasopro over-the-counter at gas stops and I just looked it up on a few legit online supplement stores.

I'm pretty sure the ban made it illegal to sell Ephedrine as a diet product but doesn't restrict it being used as a bronchodilator. You can buy Vasopro over-the-counter at gas stops and I just looked it up on a few legit online supplement stores.

Keep in-mind, when Ephedra was initially banned as a diet product the FDA didn't have a whole lot of time with which to decide how they were going to interpret the enforcement of the Laws. Now that overturn of the ban has been enforced in appeals Courts, I personally would rather play it safe than sorry. Buying at a gas station is much different than ordering online. The DEA's efforts have been concentrated a lot on Internet buying of illegal things because of the whole steroid deal. Why go where we know they are? Just seems like an unnecessary risk when one could just go to a gas station (like you say, though I've never seen ephedrine or many bronchial-dilators in gas stations) and SEE there's no Cops around.

That's just my suggestion. I've been using pseudoephedrine and for a couple of months either early this year or late last year (I forget), some pharmacies were even taking THAT off the shelves in anticipation of more bans coming for pseudo, let alone the L-ephedrine alkaloid.

It's just muddy waters right now is all, and I think people should tread carefully.

That is good advice and it's always better to be safe than sorry :) I did however find this information while searching for the exact wording of the ban:

...ban on the uncontrolled sale of dietary supplements containing Ephedra. The active ingredients ephedrine and pseudoephedrine remain available as an ingredient in some over the counter (OTC) medications that are clearly labeled in accordance with FDA regulations.

My earlier statement was a little misstated. It should have said the asthma medicine contained ephedrine not the herbal ephedra.

This would mean the FDA isn't banning these synthetic versions right? Would you agree it is safe to buy these? And where/what did you buy when you got it?

This would mean the FDA isn't banning these synthetic versions right? Would you agree it is safe to buy these? And where/what did you buy when you got it?

It's a little unclear right now. I went to Walgreens to get pseudoephedrine and for a while they were keeping it in the pharmacy and giving me the run-around when attempting to purchase it. Like it was some kind of taboo, and this happened at more than one location. I even went as far as to call Walgreens Customer Service and ask if they were discontinuing it or something, no one had any answers. And I really hate all this Nazi-esque crap, I shouldn't have to deal with bureucracy to theoritically just keep from having a runny nose.

As far as the Ephedrine asthma medicines I was always under the impression the required a perscription for any effective doses. I could be wrong because I've never used it.

King Kabuki said:
Keep in-mind, when Ephedra was initially banned as a diet product the FDA didn't have a whole lot of time with which to decide how they were going to interpret the enforcement of the Laws. Now that overturn of the ban has been enforced in appeals Courts, I personally would rather play it safe than sorry. Buying at a gas station is much different than ordering online. The DEA's efforts have been concentrated a lot on Internet buying of illegal things because of the whole steroid deal. Why go where we know they are? Just seems like an unnecessary risk when one could just go to a gas station (like you say, though I've never seen ephedrine or many bronchial-dilators in gas stations) and SEE there's no Cops around.

That's just my suggestion. I've been using pseudoephedrine and for a couple of months either early this year or late last year (I forget), some pharmacies were even taking THAT off the shelves in anticipation of more bans coming for pseudo, let alone the L-ephedrine alkaloid.

It's just muddy waters right now is all, and I think people should tread carefully.

Yep, well said. In washington state you're only allowed to purchase one box of pseudaphed tablets three times per month. You can't buy them all at once. It's not fair to those of us who have allergies and aren't making meth to have to go back to rite aid thrice a month. Fucking bullshit is what is it.

Walgreens sells a 60 pack of 25mg ephedrine pills for $10. The brand is Bronchaid, it is with the other asthma products. They work great in a stack.

supps in small quanitities of the net is equivalent imo to having small amount of weed.....most of the time they(police, FDA, DEA) wont even bother...

I work at walgreens and yes it's getting rediculous.....they put the pseudoephedrine behind the pharmacy so that's where you need to buy it Kabuki.....thing about it is if the pharmacy is closed but the store is open then you're out of luck and pharmacy hours are always shorter.....also they take your ID and enter your info into the comp.....they keep track of how much you buy(which at first I thought was going to be hard to do because u could buy it at the front)....they limit how much u can buy a month....

Kabuki how much do u take of Pseudo per serving and per day?

I'll check out that broncodilator and see if my store carries it....

supps in small quanitities of the net is equivalent imo to having small amount of weed.....most of the time they(police, FDA, DEA) wont even bother...

They've been busting people for really stupid amounts of things, anabolics, painkillers, etc. But like Mike said, buying in small incriments though an inconvenience, is the way to go. And I'd rather buy at a store than online for now where things like this are concerned.

Kabuki how much do u take of Pseudo per serving and per day?

I take 60mg in the morning with my fat-burner.

Back