Best Ephedra replacement? Looking for increased metabolism, heart rate, sweats, etc

frettish

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I took the old Xenadrine w/ Ephedra back in the day and was wondering what products today are similar? Main goal is to aid in fat loss.

Caffeine. There is nothing else.

Whats wrong with ephedra? It should be a lot easier to find, I am pretty sure they lifted the ban. I restocked up back in July.

Mick is right, caffeine is the only thing that comes close. That and methamphetamines.

Bronkaid has ephedrine in it.

Go to ur local drug store

I read that Caffine isn't that great for cardio work outs.

Bronkaid? Hmm. I will have to check it out.

As far as what's wrong with Ephedra? I don't know. I loved the old formula Xenadrine and the results I got from it, hence this post. :)

Meth is evil shit. You won't feel hungary for days.

frettish said:
I read that Caffine isn't that great for cardio work outs.

Bronkaid? Hmm. I will have to check it out.

As far as what's wrong with Ephedra? I don't know. I loved the old formula Xenadrine and the results I got from it, hence this post. :)

Caffine is good for cardio, that's why it is considered an ergogenic.

http://www.ultracycling.com/nutrition/ergogenic.html

Caffeine is a stimulant that has well documented ergogenic effects.

It has been shown to decrease marathon run times and cycling time trials. Caffeine affects the body in several different ways. One way caffeine improves performance is by affecting the central nervous system causing increased neuronal excitability, consequently reducing reaction time. Another theory is that caffeine increases free fatty acid oxidation so that fatty acids are used for energy in place of glycogen (your body's main source of energy that is used during exercise). This allows glycogen levels to be maintained for a longer period of time, allowing you to ride longer.

Caffeine research has shown that consuming 3 to 6 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram body weight (or about 1.4-2.7 mg of caffeine per pound) can improve endurance by 20% to 50% without raising urinary caffeine levels above the International Olympic Committee limit of 1200 mg. Therefore, a 175 pound man will need 245 to 472 mg of caffeine. This level can be obtained by drinking 24 ounces of tea or 2 cups of coffee.

It should be a lot easier to find, I am pretty sure they lifted the ban. I restocked up back in July.

Nope. That is a rumor out of control, the full scoop as it stands currently is in the Supplement News thread at the top of the forum.

And so far the two best fat burners IMO on the market that replace those that had Ephedra are Redline by VPX in the serum, if you can stomach the taste (and a suggestion is to eat something small about 20 minutes after taking it or it could cause some nausea), but it's crazy strong. The other is the TIGHT by SAN, had me sweating my ass off and is the only legit 1 pill per-day fat burner on the market that I've seen that's legal.

Ephedrine HCL is still perfectly legal, and you know exactly how much you are getting, which wasn't the case with Ephedra. www.bodybuilding.com has Vasopro, which has 25mg Ephedrine per pill.

King Kabuki said:
Nope. That is a rumor out of control, the full scoop as it stands currently is in the Supplement News thread at the top of the forum.

And so far the two best fat burners IMO on the market that replace those that had Ephedra are Redline by VPX in the serum, if you can stomach the taste (and a suggestion is to eat something small about 20 minutes after taking it or it could cause some nausea), but it's crazy strong. The other is the TIGHT by SAN, had me sweating my ass off and is the only legit 1 pill per-day fat burner on the market that I've seen that's legal.

That VPX serum is crazy, one cannot fathom how bad it tastes.

But about the banning, how can that be not true if I bought some? I found some "Pure Ephedra" brand stuff, 25mg per pill, right aroud July. On the website they said they just started re-selling it. I looked after someone told me about the ban being lifted. They said something like the national ban was lifted, but each state can do what they want. I am in IL, and the website said it won't ship to IL, but I guess they did anyway.

I am confused about this "ban" as well.

Or maybe I am confused about the drug to begin with. Xenadrine used to have Ephedra in it, correct? And then they started making a new formula of Xenadrine without it? If there was no ban then why did Xenadrine change the formula?

I will check out TIGHT. I'd much rather take a pill than ingest something that tastes like shit. :)

But about the banning, how can that be not true if I bought some? I found some "Pure Ephedra" brand stuff, 25mg per pill, right aroud July. On the website they said they just started re-selling it. I looked after someone told me about the ban being lifted. They said something like the national ban was lifted, but each state can do what they want. I am in IL, and the website said it won't ship to IL, but I guess they did anyway.

The national ban was NOT lifted. It's still in litigation. Internet companies mostly are just taking advantage of a loophole in the wording of the Judge's decree, and ignoring that the lift was only in-effect in Utah and for supplements containing 10mg or less. I explained it in the Supplement News thread. The FDA right now is in a stage of re-gathering their evidence that doses above 10mg are health-hazardous. Now they'll most likely fail, but since it's still in litigation Companies are taking advantage now while the FDA isn't specifically enforcing the ban. But it has not actually been set aside and if the FDA wanted to they could come down on these Companies. Hence why you don't see Ephedra back on major store shelves, stores with physical locations and some kind of managerial structure are easier to enforce penalty against.

Please note that "Ephedra" is the substance that is banned. Ephedrine, is sill OTC and can be found in many bronchodilator (asthma) meds, FYI...

Ephedrine is a main ingredient in methamphetamine production, Thus in many places ephedra products are controlled.

King Kabuki said:
The national ban was NOT lifted. It's still in litigation. Internet companies mostly are just taking advantage of a loophole in the wording of the Judge's decree, and ignoring that the lift was only in-effect in Utah and for supplements containing 10mg or less. I explained it in the Supplement News thread. The FDA right now is in a stage of re-gathering their evidence that doses above 10mg are health-hazardous. Now they'll most likely fail, but since it's still in litigation Companies are taking advantage now while the FDA isn't specifically enforcing the ban. But it has not actually been set aside and if the FDA wanted to they could come down on these Companies. Hence why you don't see Ephedra back on major store shelves, stores with physical locations and some kind of managerial structure are easier to enforce penalty against.

I'm pretty sure the ban was suspended until further notice.

Frettish, your options:

Ephedrine-Based Supplements:
Vasopro
Biotek
Bronkaid

Alternative Supplements:
Redline w/Serum (VPX)
Tight (SAN)

Alternative Thermogenic(s):
Caffeine

There ya go.

I'm pretty sure the ban was suspended until further notice.

I've never read that anywhere. Everything I've read suggests that is implied but was never officially stated.

The ban was lifted but many stores wont carry because of the insurance they must carry. Govt. scam probbaly. 6$ a bottle at bulknutrition.com I bought a boatload of it. I read some interesting articles on caffeine and ot it makes your muscles act as if you have have had many workouts. Could be BS though.

Back