Best current KB promotions?

1. SuperKombat
2. SuperKombat
3. SuperKombat

For me Superkombat, but Glory and Kunlun lead, and I am hardcore. I watch everything, including K-1, the other two of China (WLF and Glory of Heroes), Bellator or even Enfusion, sometimes a bit of FFC for talent and if there good match ups. W5, Krush recently..

The promotions classification IMO

A Class: Kunlun,Glory,K-1

B+ Class: KRUSH,W5,ACB-KB,WFL,Enfusion

B Class: GoH,A1,FFC,Mix Fight Gala,Wu Lin Feng,Fight League,Fight Night Saint Tropez,Superkombat,HERO LEGENDS,RISE

C+ Class: Emei Legend,Fight League,WGP Kickboxing,KOK

D Class: Bellator kickboxing

B Class: GoH,A1,FFC,Mix Fight Gala,Wu Lin Feng,Fight League,Fight Night Saint Tropez,Superkombat,HERO LEGENDS,RISE

I don't watch a lot of these leagues but I feel like GOH should be in the B+ area.

I don't watch a lot of these leagues but I feel like GOH should be in the B+ area.
it could be also,but i feel that most of his events turned to be "country vs country" matchups,only a few have really good lvl matchup

not sure about K-1 back as a number 1 promotion , maybe production wise , i would say it is a level 2 , for the rest i agree

not sure about K-1 back as a number 1 promotion , maybe production wise , i would say it is a level 2 , for the rest i agree

why not?

best roster of 65kg or less kickboxers in the world

Glory without a doubt

And SUPERKOMBAT needs to give more info. Nobody knows their fightcards....
Superkombat has pretty frequent updates on their Facebook page and web site so you can know what cards are coming or recently happened. Even Wikipedia is pretty up to date with their card results. I am totally caught up with what Superkombat is doing in 2017 having watched every fight they broadcast since they started airing some of their World GP main cards on American tv as well as the other cards like New Heroes available on YouTube, both with English commentary.

I can't quibble with most of this except I can't help but grade promotions like Kunlun and K-1 on a curve in terms of them as an entertainment product- as good as their roster and fights are- by penalizing them at least a letter grade for not catering to the international audience at all in terms of intelligible commentary or tv broadcast or streaming availability around the world. And Bellator Kickboxing, I think D is a little harsh. They only have four cards per year, so it's not a really busy promotion, and the tape delays suck, but they do have some good fighters, especially the most recent card. And at least I can watch it in tv here in the U.S.. I'd upgrade them to a C perhaps.

I can't quibble with most of this except I can't help but grade promotions like Kunlun and K-1 on a curve in terms of them as an entertainment product- as good as their roster and fights are- by penalizing them at least a letter grade for not catering to the international audience at all in terms of intelligible commentary or tv broadcast or streaming availability around the world. And Bellator Kickboxing, I think D is a little harsh. They only have four cards per year, so it's not a really busy promotion, and the tape delays suck, but they do have some good fighters, especially the most recent card. And at least I can watch it in tv here in the U.S.. I'd upgrade them to a C perhaps.

Well mate,there is an point to make about it,Kunlun and K-1 Have their home audience so massive that kinda there is no need to make the product popular in the west(especially america,who haves little to no contact with this promotions,being in terms of fighters,fights,event locations and general interest.

the fact is that,having europe as exeption,kickboxing sucks on being a consomed product in this countries,just look at glory,who haves some good quality cards sometimes in US and pretty much nobody gives a damn and the attendance and tv numbers are undeserved as fuck.The product dont attract the north americans because there are near to none good kickboxers in north america and the promotion tend to not be telecatch like Boxing and MMA.Its simply " a bunch of european guys" that they dont know

glory with all their efforts to be dominant kickboxing promotion on western world resulted on them having to come back their events back to Europe since 2016 because they have pretty much better chances on filling butts on chairs to watch them in persona than wasting so many time in USA,just have to look at where their product is on American TV(having low TV numbers on ESPN second channel and had to move to UFC fight pass like a secondary product)

Looking at glory events since 2013(where they started with the investiment on trying to be a big thing in America launching multiple shows in USA,we can find a tendence of what is happening and what is going to happen even more)

Comparing annual glory events,USA events vs Events outside america,most of them on europe-asia(considering road to glory also)

2013: they had 9 US events and 6 Europe-Asia events

2014: 3 US events and 2 Europe-Asia events

2015: 5 US events and 4 Europe-Asia events

2016: 5 US events and 5 Europe-Asia events(started to focuse more outside US,much probably because they wasnt being able to put good attendances on US shows

2017 going to be: 5 US events and 9 Europe-Asia events(turning more and more to make Europe-Asia events)

Kunlun haves a big TV deal in china and is watched by millions of people delivering much better audience numbers when compared to glory(dont know the exact numbers but folks like @Shadess @oyvindt already showed it some times.

K-1 since they had the Japanese events back in the game(late 2014),they are become bigger and more notable in japan by each time,with almost all his events in Japan they have a consistent good attendance and badass following in japan,i am not sure if i remember right but they got(or were in talks) to back with a huge tv deal in japan,but for now i know they are doing good,some of their events had on pirate streams almost a million of viewers watching live,and the fights they post after on their youtube channel haves an amazing following.

just looking of the last event uploaded 2 weeks ago(wasnt one of themost attractive indeed) haves already 142k,71k,234k,158k,62k,122k Views in some of their videos on youtube(and it isnt a lot when compared to the more stacked events who holds bigger attention

Back