Best credit card?

blackcardwelcomekit1.bmp

Most people here have no idea what that even is LMFAO

Best credit card is the card that fits your specific needs. Search around and google best credit cards. It will give you break downs on different rewards programs, if the card rewards change after the first year, if your rewards expire, if you can use your rewards to pay your credit card bill down etc etc...

Check out myfico.com There is a wealth of knowledge on there about credit cards and just credit in general. Don't sleep on credit union cards either. They will offer some of the lowest interest rates with higher limits. If you can get in with NavyFed or PenFed they offer some of the best cards I have in my wallet. NavyFed gave me an ungodly limit on my GoRewards card with them.

I also have a great relationship with Discover, they have always treated me well and their customer service is the best in the business by a long shot. Their phone app makes everything easy and it's super simple to use.

Lots of options really and there isn't a one size fits all card

I use American express platinum. The main perk is you get priority pass which gives you access to a lot of lounges for free. I've never been at an airport that didn't have a lounge covered by priority pass.

Shout out to all the dudes who carry a credit card balance.....suckers.

What do you spend your money on? Cash back or points? What is your credit score? Remember the initial points from opening up a card can be substantial.

My favorite card for the moment is the Chase Sapphire Reserve. If you travel frequently, that is a great way to go. Used to be 100,000 points for a sign up bonus. It is a fee card.

Uber is opening up a card through Barclays that seems interesting as well.

After researching all weekend. I have decided my need right now is a good travel card. I understand that Chase Sapphire is the best for travel cards but it also have an annual fee of 95 for the weaker one and 450 for the godly one. I don't plan to travel much, maybe once a year. Not sure if it's still worth it for me if I don't use it much.

I want a no annual fee card and it seems like Discover IT card is best for no annual fee. Or the Bank of America one seems to be good too but it's only really good if you bank with them which I don't. I kind of don't want to open a new checking/savings account just to get their card. Anyone have any experience? What's best no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee card?

Or is Sapphire still best even if I'm a frugal spender and rarely travel (once a year max)?

Sorry I sound poor :(

After researching all weekend. I have decided my need right now is a good travel card. I understand that Chase Sapphire is the best for travel cards but it also have an annual fee of 95 for the weaker one and 450 for the godly one. I don't plan to travel much, maybe once a year. Not sure if it's still worth it for me if I don't use it much.

I want a no annual fee card and it seems like Discover IT card is best for no annual fee. Or the Bank of America one seems to be good too but it's only really good if you bank with them which I don't. I kind of don't want to open a new checking/savings account just to get their card. Anyone have any experience? What's best no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee card?

Or is Sapphire still best even if I'm a frugal spender and rarely travel (once a year max)?

Sorry I sound poor :(

The Sapphire cards don't seem to be worth it for you because you don't travel that much. The best way to get value, e.g. points, insurance, discounts, amenities, with those cards is through travel. The only credit cards I've had are the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Amex Platinum, and a basic Wells Fargo one. So I don't think I can be particularly helpful. I would say the points at Chase are better than Amex.

For general advice, just look at your where you spend your money and find a card that has a high percentage in that category. As far as travel cards, I would just make sure it doesn't have a foreign transaction fee. Make sure you can spend enough on a card to get the bonus, for the no fee cards it isn't too much. Obviously, don't carry a balance and keep utilization around 30%.

Each individual is different so I can't really say what the best advice is for everyone. However here are some I recommend

=====No Annual Fee cards=====
1) I think having 5% rotating category cards are good so below are my 2 picks
-Chase Freedom (for 5% rotating categories)
-Discover IT (for 5% rotating categories)
*There are also other 5% rotating category credit cards so look them up, but these 2 are the most popular

2) If you have a Costco membership then the Costco Citi is a great card, which others have already mentioned the perks. Technically it's a no annual fee card, but you have to be a Costco member. Sams Club credit card is also similar.

3) Higher than 1% everyday card for purchases that fit in no category that can get you > 2% rewards
-Citi Double Cash (2%)
-Chase Freedom Unlimited (1.5%)
*Even though the Freedome Unlimited is only 1.5%, you get ultimate reward (UR) points, which tend to be valued much higher than 1 cent per point. It also usually has a bonus CB if you meet spending requirements. So depends on your value it may be better than 2% cash back cards. Also note there are other 2% CB card these days just research yourself.

4) Other credit cards for your own personal needs. There are tons of other good no annual fee credit cards if you want to optimize CB, so it's up to you to know what is important to you. Target credit card is an example or Chase Ink Business Cash, which has a $300 bonus (if you meet spending requirements) and 5% CB on internet/cablephoe

=====Credit Cards with Fees=====
1) Churning credit cards is an easy way to get basically free money from sign-on bonuses.
-Probably the best one in 2017 was the Chase Sapphire Reserved when they were giving the 100,000 bonus points, $300 travel credit amongst other things. It's still decent with the 50,000 bonus points, but not nearly as strong with it's $450 annual fee. Also shopping in the UR portal gives your points 1.5x value and can transfer 1:1 to tons of other partners. I actually booked 3 seats nonstop from California to Japan to Hong Kong back to California for less than 150,000 UR points. The cheapest I could find cash was ~$2500 total. I decided to keep this card another year since I travel a lot and for me is worth the $150 ($450 minus $300 travel credit) annual fee another year.
-Chase Sapphire Preferred (50,000 bonus), Chase Ink Business Preferred (80,000 bonus) are also 2 other good cards to churn in the UR family.
-Another good one for California residents that travel a lot with pairs or more is the Southwest Credit Card that they are giving 40,000 bonus points an a free companion pass for a year.
-There are other good ones so do your research

2) There are credit cards with fees that may work for you personally so you can decide by your research.

That's it for now. I'm not going into Manufactured Spending (MS) since that is not my forte and I have no idea what people are doing as of current.

I'v got capital one quick silver amd venture and chase reserve.

Chase is my go to. 3 times the points on eating out and i eat out everyday. Plus it had a 100k bonus when i got it i think they have cut it back to 50k now though

Each individual is different so I can't really say what the best advice is for everyone. However here are some I recommend

=====No Annual Fee cards=====
1) I think having 5% rotating category cards are good so below are my 2 picks
-Chase Freedom (for 5% rotating categories)
-Discover IT (for 5% rotating categories)
*There are also other 5% rotating category credit cards so look them up, but these 2 are the most popular

2) If you have a Costco membership then the Costco Citi is a great card, which others have already mentioned the perks. Technically it's a no annual fee card, but you have to be a Costco member. Sams Club credit card is also similar.

3) Higher than 1% everyday card for purchases that fit in no category that can get you > 2% rewards
-Citi Double Cash (2%)
-Chase Freedom Unlimited (1.5%)
*Even though the Freedome Unlimited is only 1.5%, you get ultimate reward (UR) points, which tend to be valued much higher than 1 cent per point. It also usually has a bonus CB if you meet spending requirements. So depends on your value it may be better than 2% cash back cards. Also note there are other 2% CB card these days just research yourself.

4) Other credit cards for your own personal needs. There are tons of other good no annual fee credit cards if you want to optimize CB, so it's up to you to know what is important to you. Target credit card is an example or Chase Ink Business Cash, which has a $300 bonus (if you meet spending requirements) and 5% CB on internet/cablephoe

=====Credit Cards with Fees=====
1) Churning credit cards is an easy way to get basically free money from sign-on bonuses.
-Probably the best one in 2017 was the Chase Sapphire Reserved when they were giving the 100,000 bonus points, $300 travel credit amongst other things. It's still decent with the 50,000 bonus points, but not nearly as strong with it's $450 annual fee. Also shopping in the UR portal gives your points 1.5x value and can transfer 1:1 to tons of other partners. I actually booked 3 seats nonstop from California to Japan to Hong Kong back to California for less than 150,000 UR points. The cheapest I could find cash was ~$2500 total. I decided to keep this card another year since I travel a lot and for me is worth the $150 ($450 minus $300 travel credit) annual fee another year.
-Chase Sapphire Preferred (50,000 bonus), Chase Ink Business Preferred (80,000 bonus) are also 2 other good cards to churn in the UR family.
-Another good one for California residents that travel a lot with pairs or more is the Southwest Credit Card that they are giving 40,000 bonus points an a free companion pass for a year.
-There are other good ones so do your research

2) There are credit cards with fees that may work for you personally so you can decide by your research.

That's it for now. I'm not going into Manufactured Spending (MS) since that is not my forte and I have no idea what people are doing as of current.
I shop a lot at Costco and I love the 4% CB on gas. But right now I'm looking for a no foreign transaction fee card. Originally was thinking of Amazon since it has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee I thought I'd get a better travel card.

The Sapphire cards don't seem to be worth it for you because you don't travel that much. The best way to get value, e.g. points, insurance, discounts, amenities, with those cards is through travel. The only credit cards I've had are the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Amex Platinum, and a basic Wells Fargo one. So I don't think I can be particularly helpful. I would say the points at Chase are better than Amex.

For general advice, just look at your where you spend your money and find a card that has a high percentage in that category. As far as travel cards, I would just make sure it doesn't have a foreign transaction fee. Make sure you can spend enough on a card to get the bonus, for the no fee cards it isn't too much. Obviously, don't carry a balance and keep utilization around 30%.
The reserve one is great but not for me since I don't travel enough. I'm thinking of getting the preferred one for 95 dollars a year.

I prefer a no annual fee one but all my research points me back to Chase Sapphire Preferred as the best credit card for traveling. You think the Sapphire Preferred for 95 a year is worth it if I only travel once or twice a year?

Also the 300 dollar travel credit a year from Reserve, does it expire? I was reading an article that says as long as you spend 3333 a year on dining and travel, then the reserve is worth it. If the 300 dollars doesn't expire and I can keep racking it up 300>600>900, then it might be worth it for me since points and everything else don't expire.

AMEX

Visas are one step up from a Discover or Diners Club card.

They'd give a Visa to your family pet if they could. It's the whore of the credit card companies
My dog has a visa card. True story.

Amazon card looks sweet. Get it.

If you want to go deeper into rewards cards, check out churning on Reddit.

I shop a lot at Costco and I love the 4% CB on gas. But right now I'm looking for a no foreign transaction fee card. Originally was thinking of Amazon since it has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee I thought I'd get a better travel card.

The reserve one is great but not for me since I don't travel enough. I'm thinking of getting the preferred one for 95 dollars a year.

I prefer a no annual fee one but all my research points me back to Chase Sapphire Preferred as the best credit card for traveling. You think the Sapphire Preferred for 95 a year is worth it if I only travel once or twice a year?

Also the 300 dollar travel credit a year from Reserve, does it expire? I was reading an article that says as long as you spend 3333 a year on dining and travel, then the reserve is worth it. If the 300 dollars doesn't expire and I can keep racking it up 300>600>900, then it might be worth it for me since points and everything else don't expire.
Check out churning on Reddit. If you going for csp, csr isn't much more. 450, but you get $300 travel credit annually. So effectively $150 card. Add the global entry and free lounge access, 3x dining and travel points, and 1.5 redemption on travel on ultimate rewards webpage and its pretty sweet. But you should get chase freedom and freedom unlimited to maximize points earning potential.

Travel expenses are automaticslly deducted when used. Can't rack them up, if I remember correctly.

For no fee, get the Amazon card. It's metal!

Last edited:
Shit fuck Just found out that international uses a chip + pin credit card? So Chase Sapphire Preferred is no go. I'll need a chip + pin card.

What's the best chip + pin travel credit card guys?

You get $300 annually, if you don't use it you lose it. They are deducted automatically so you don't have much of a choice. There is a lot to like about the Reserve, the 1.5x ultimate rewards points, pre tsa/global entry and it is basically only 55 dollars more than the Preferred. Some things like car rental insurance and price protection are nice perks. I don't know how much you care about this stuff if you only travel once a year. To me Reserve over Preferred is an easy choice when you include the $300 bucks.

What is appealing to you about a travel card for someone who doesn't travel that much? Are you going to start churning?

Shit fuck Just found out that international uses a chip + pin credit card? So Chase Sapphire Preferred is no go. I'll need a chip + pin card.

Que? I use my csr all over asia no problem.

Why do you need a chip and pin card? The only problems I have had is kiosks in Europe and the occasional annoyed employee. In general it is very easy to get by with a chip and signature. In some countries in Asia chip and signature is actually standard. In general I would prefer a chip and pin but I don't know of any U.S. options.

You get $300 annually, if you don't use it you lose it. They are deducted automatically so you don't have much of a choice. There is a lot to like about the Reserve, the 1.5x ultimate rewards points, pre tsa/global entry and it is basically only 55 dollars more than the Preferred. Some things like car rental insurance and price protection are nice perks. I don't know how much you care about this stuff if you only travel once a year. To me Reserve over Preferred is an easy choice when you include the $300 bucks.

What is appealing to you about a travel card for someone who doesn't travel that much? Are you going to start churning?
I don't travel much but still do. Went to Korea last year and about to goto Japan that's why I'm looking for a travel card for Japan. Might be Europe next year etc. But it's nice not get ripped off with currency exchange fee etc. I'm doing once a year now maybe 2x later and 3x further down the road. I'll get the preferred for now as a starter then upgrade it to reserve when I do travel more.

Don't preferred also have car rental insurance all those other crap since it's a visa signature?

Why do you need a chip and pin card? The only problems I have had is kiosks in Europe and the occasional annoyed employee. In general it is very easy to get by with a chip and signature. In some countries in Asia chip and signature is actually standard. In general I would prefer a chip and pin but I don't know of any U.S. options.
No idea, I was just reading that Europe, Japan and other international places use chip + pin and that chip+sig won't work. I guess they fixed it now and the only problem is when there's no attendant like a kiosk.

Read in a few article that says "For some overseas merchants, chip and pin is the only payment method." Not sure if still true.

I don't travel much but still do. Went to Korea last year and about to goto Japan that's why I'm looking for a travel card for Japan. Might be Europe next year etc. But it's nice not get ripped off with currency exchange fee etc. I'm doing once a year now maybe 2x later and 3x further down the road. I'll get the preferred for now as a starter then upgrade it to reserve when I do travel more.

Don't preferred also have car rental insurance all those other crap since it's a visa signature?

No idea, I was just reading that Europe, Japan and other international places use chip + pin and that chip+sig won't work. I guess they fixed it now and the only problem is when there's no attendant like a kiosk.
I used csr just fine in Japan. No issues. Get some jpy, because not all places take cards.

Just get the Amazon card.

Back