Best chin ever?

Ray Mercer also had a hell of a chin.

Ali said in some interview that if he hadn't of bounced straight up after that punch,he wouldn't have got up at all.

Yeah only Ali got up as if he tripped chasing after his kids in the garden.
Instead of all the fury of Joe Frazier channeled through his fist into a point in his jaw.

Joe couldn't have thrown that better if he'd been given all day to throw his choicest punch at his most hated enemy.
Shit was surreal.

Instead of all the fury of Joe Frazier channeled through his fist into a point in his jaw.

Joe couldn't have thrown that better if he'd been given all day to throw his choicest punch at his most hated enemy.
Shit was surreal.
when you watch it in slow mo,its a surprise Alis head didn't do a complete 360. hell of a punch.

im gonna put a name in for greatest chin,james kinchen,the guy walked through everything tommy hearts threw at him and kept saying"is that all you got tommy"

Chuvalo comes to mind. His chin was disturbiungly good.

Among current fighters, when he doesn't show up unprepared and out of shape Duhaupas can take some scary punishment.

hell of a chin ?
No particular order :

Toney....it wasn't just his defense. He took some BIG shots from some of the heaviest hitters even at heavyweight. This is a middleweight with a few tubs of ice cream we're talking about here, folks.
The Ghetto Pillsbury Doughboy.

George Chuvalo. You could break him. Actually you HAD to. But you couldn't knock him out. Lord knows, he's probably long dead but his body's refusing to go down.

Ali.

Shane Mosley. When ppl say paquiao didn't bring his power up to welterweight, I laugh.

Carl Froch. A true British gentleman with a stiff upper lip. Real stiff.

George Foreman. Especially old Foreman. I like to imagine he's a Easter Island monolith come to life on some mystical quest.

Hagler. I swear the guy would've killed himself if someone ever knocked him out. Like the Incredible Hulk, he gained power exponentially on taking damage. Succeptible to tickles though. A fact cleverly exploited by Sugar Ray Tinkerbell.
The Hagler-Monster now roams the world looking for ways to end his internal misery and shuns mankind.

Aaron Pryor. Not only an insane chin but Marquez x10 level recovery. If you ever knocked Aaron fucking Pryor down, he'd channel his best Robert DeNiro attitude and fashion it into some sick kid from Make a Wish Foundation. That's DeNiro in Untouchables as Al Capone. "I want his mother dead. His father dead. His children dead. I want his fking dog dead." Then he'd try make all the wishes of imaginary sick De Niro kid comes true.

Jake La Motta. He let Joe Pesci hit him in the face just to prove a point. Joe freaking Pesci. 'Nuff said.

Roberto Duran. From lightweight to middleweight. It took the world's hardest hitter at the time, pound for pound, to smoke him with his all time greatest right hand to drop this guy.
The guy's chin was so awesome that, as token of her appreciation, Mother Earth refilled his Chin Meter as soon he touched down.
Seismic stations and Geological experts still refer to this as The Day The Earth Stood Still.
Hollywood made some movie about it, I think.

Joe Frazier. They didn't call him Smokin cuz of his extracurricular recreational habits. The guy was like a runaway train in the ring. Only got derailed once. By one of the consensus 2 biggest punchers in history. The poor bastard had to ring his bell about six times before The Joe Frazier Express finally stopped. Still not getting the point, it tried again. Being probably the only person in history who went back for seconds against the boxing version of Galactus.

Honourable Mentions :

Tex Cobb. Anytime any fighter wanted to get paid doing some bag work but didn't want to run afoul of PETA and its anti-leather lobby, Yosemite Sam was always willing to lend a chin.
He'd crack mean jokes while you'd attempt to crack his jaw but only ended up cracking your hands. He was one crazy cracker, he was.

Don Frye. Different sport but the guy played with his chin like a toddler discovering his penis. Showed about as much glee exhibiting it to strangers too. Fists, knees, elbows, skulls he smashed all on his chin while praising Valhalla.
Had a bitching moustache too.

Last edited:
Also

Nobody ?

Really.....nobody ???

{<huh}

Then, inb4 Amir Khan.

<{anton}>

hell of a chin ?

Don Frye. Different sport but the guy played with his chin like a toddler discovering his penis. Showed about as much glee exhibiting it to strangers too. Fists, knees, elbows, skulls he smashed all on his chin while praising Valhalla.
Had a bitching moustache too.
it wasn't dons chin that was impregnable,it was in fact the fry stache that could not be cracked.

George foreman

It's interesting that George was never knocked down during his comback.

He fought punchers like Moorer, Morrison, Briggs, and Holyfield but was not knocked down.

Super heavy George was an unmovable object.

Ali said in some interview that if he hadn't of bounced straight up after that punch,he wouldn't have got up at all.
interesting, ali was never down for a more than 3 or 4 count, no one ever believes that until they go back and check. some people think he took a better left from joe in manila and didn't go anywhere. I know that shaver's punches are the only to turn this long time boxing watchers stomach.

Oscar is very underrated , he had a super sturdy chin
solid chin, it's the other areas that reduced his status, too much partying and too much image making and not enough woodshedding.

Shit was surreal.
ya, and he went on to land a even worse looking hook after ali got up and would you believe it? he won the las 1/3 of that round.

It's interesting that George was never knocked down during his comback.

He fought punchers like Moorer, Morrison, Briggs, and Holyfield but was not knocked down.
he was stunned by some fat white cruiserweight in the late 80's, not the kind of guy you'd think would pull it off, it was the only time.

it wasn't dons chin that was impregnable,it was in fact the fry stache that could not be cracked.
wasn't don knocked out in a real fight when he was drunk?

hagler really was never dropped that i know of, i'd seen him staggered by hearns and by leonard but the roldan "knockdown' was more of a pull down, assisted by haglers one real weakness, his poor balance, he kept his feet too close together sometimes.

chuvalo was stopped twice, joe frazier broke his eye socket and his manager stopped the foreman fight before he could be put down. so, i guess he has the undeniable designation (although some say one of his slip ups should have been counted as a knockdown) of never being officially put down, he did not have the durability of some of these other guys. durability isn't a talent as such but it's every bit as valuable especially when you have the deadliest punchers in the world trying to put you away. resistance to being hurt, resistance to cuts and skeletal damage is a prized asset. Ali was only cut once as a pro, he had the broken jaw with ken and he had a rib injury in 65, outside of that and his infamous bad hands, he really never had injuries. However, if you consider who's brain was the most durable, i guess ali wouldn't be on that list at all, lots of guys came out of the sport and were blessed to speak and think into old age quite well.

also, i think the boxing gods like confusing us sometimes, Edwin Rosario, a guy who was never put down but was kayoed on his feet a couple time, was actually almost put all the way on the canvas by the featherfisted Howard Davis. It goes to show, anyone can be hurt/kayoed by anyone, it all depends on the way a punch lands, the way a fighter catches it and the complicated network of nerves and physics. Ali was once staggered in sparring by 147 pound tommy hearns, he was also hurt by lanky lightheavy bob foster who never had much luck with any other big name heavyweight. It's almost enough to make me grant credence to the chinese myths of death touches and human meridians where a person is more vulnerable at different places on their bodies and at different times.

Back