Best chin ever?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Rank their great chins from best to worst:
Ali, Hagler, McCall, Floyd, SR Leonard, Vit. Klitchko, Toney

I'm not going to rank, but if s man takes hearns best shot and carries on walking that's all she wrote hagler.

McCall and Hagler are tops all time.
Of the less popular champions Wayne McCullough had a heck of a chin.

McCall had the benefit of being insane. Ibeabuchi took some leather and never flinched. Impressive at heavyweight.

Hagler had one disputed knockdown in his career. Considering the shot he took from Hearns and kept moving forward, I'd say he's the top non-heavyweight.

I love Toney, but his "chin" was more about defensive technique and being able to roll with punches. Still high on the list but he rarely got caught flush.

I was gonna say toney since hes standing up all the way to HW, but the major factor to that is his amaizing defensive skills.

My answer is Tua, he was never rocked inside a round. Only time he looked relatively hurt was when he was sucker punched backturned after a bell rang with his hands down. Even then he didnt fall. If it was anybody else would have fallen worse than Ortiz against Floyd.

Outside of his later years when his body was breaking down, Holyfield walked through some fuckin hum dingers in his prime. Even when he was hurt, he'd recover freakishly fast.

Outside of his later years when his body was breaking down, Holyfield walked through some fuckin hum dingers in his prime. Even when he was hurt, he'd recover freakishly fast.

I'd argue some of the shots he took against Qawi were the worst of his career.

Hagler,

Oliver McCall

Larry Holmes...any many that can get right back up after taking a shot from earnie shavers has a chin

Ali, to get up instantly after that perfect left hook in the 15th round of a war... wtf

Oliver Mccall and that should be that.

He got hit by the hardest punchers of them all and I cant remember him ever being hurt, even well past his prime.

I think you have to give it to George Chuvalo.

Never knocked down in a professional fight, and look at the guys he fought: George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Muhammad Ali TWICE, Floyd Patterson, Oscar Bonavena, Cleveland Williams, Jerry Quarry, Buster Mathis, etc.

When you fought all those guys an your ass never touched the canvas, you know your chin is top-notch.

Rank their great chins from best to worst:
Ali, Hagler, McCall, Floyd, SR Leonard, Vit. Klitchko, Toney

I think that one of Floyd's more redeeming traits is that he avoided testing his chin as much as possible. He never got folded into the canvas, sure, but that's about his superb defense. There are better chins worth ranking.

Ali, yeah, no argument there.

Floyd?

Nope.

He had amazing defense not an amazing chin. Didn't get hit clean often and even when he did it was almost never on his chin. It's unfair to take credit away from his immense skill set and just say he could take a great punch. I saw him clearly hurt against Castillo, Maidana, Judah and a punch drunk Sugar Shane. It didn't matter because none of them were able to even drop him because of his defense.

Having a 49 fight career without getting knocked out because of your chin would be impressive. Having a 49 fight career without getting knocked out because you don't get hit clean is fucking crazy.

Oscar is very underrated , he had a super sturdy chin

Ali, to get up instantly after that perfect left hook in the 15th round of a war... wtf
Ali said in some interview that if he hadn't of bounced straight up after that punch,he wouldn't have got up at all.

Back