Best championship submission finishes?

Outside the UFC Nog/Crocop was for an interim title, both an amazing comeback and an amazing sub hitting that armbar as Mirko tried to escape.

There's an old Brazilian sea chanty that goes:

What do you do with a Cain Velasquez
High above sea le–vel?

Take him by the neck and guillotine him
Halfway through the third round!
But what can we do with the drunken sailor?

High above sea le–vel?

I hate you,I actually sung that in my head! Lol

High above sea le–vel?

The classics are always the best.

Tate vs Holm, I tasted the desperation from tate to get that sub.

That was literally Tate's only chance to win that fight. Behind on the cards, no chance to get a KO, so she completely sold out to win the only way she could. I was rooting for Holm, but that was an awesome display of urgency.
Just a bit of a segue: Why don't we see that kind of urgency from more fighters? Too often we see a fighter who has to know they're down on the cards and they change nothing for the final round. Especially in championship fights, I just don't understand that mentality.

That was literally Tate's only chance to win that fight. Behind on the cards, no chance to get a KO, so she completely sold out to win the only way she could. I was rooting for Holm, but that was an awesome display of urgency.
Just a bit of a segue: Why don't we see that kind of urgency from more fighters? Too often we see a fighter who has to know they're down on the cards and they change nothing for the final round. Especially in championship fights, I just don't understand that mentality.

From my short experience in fighting I can say that its always easier to quit and say "i'll win next time" or "This is just not my day, i'll train harder for next time". It takes a special kind of mental toughness to grind out and try your best, win or lose.

Back