Best brand to get reissues of vintage guitar pickups?

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I've been out of the guitar building scene for a while, looking to put together a telecaster with a jazzmaster pickup in the neck position. anyone have any experience with curtis novak?

Last edited:
You can go expensive and get what you want or do lots of reading and get something cheaper.

Either way, browsing the forums and youtube helps.

With enough information, you might find that a maxon super 70 is what you need. (made by Nisshin Onpa who also invented the tube screamer)

It's a total gamble but providing a video of the sound you are after would help.

You can go expensive and get what you want or do lots of reading and get something cheaper.

Either way, browsing the forums and youtube helps.

With enough information, you might find that a maxon super 70 is what you need. (made by Nisshin Onpa who also invented the tube screamer)

It's a total gamble but providing a video of the sound you are after would help.
i actually have 3 fender wide range humbuckers from the 70s that I plan on putting in a guitar. so that maxon sounds cool. I've settled on the curtis novak jazzmaster pickups for the neck and I want a good telecaster pickup for the bridge.

The Maxon pickups are pretty expensive as are the Bare Knuckles pickups.

"iron gear" are inexpensive but you have to pore over many posts to get an idea of what each pickup brings.

Back