Best boxing .matches 2017

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As 2017 closes I feel like watching some of the years best boxing matches please post some matches and links that you felt were great fights and why.

NO mcGregor /mayweather please

Lots of good stuff this year. To name a few :

Joshua vs Klitschko : best HW title bout since Lewis vs Vitali
Gonzalez vs Sor Rungvisai 1 : blood and guts, hi-octane clash of offensive boxers
Golovkin vs Alvarez : non-stop action, great tactical battle, lived up to the hype
Estrada vs Cuadras : as close as it gets, epitome of front foot vs back foot battles
Santa Cruz vs Frampton 2 : great rematch, good adjustements after the first fight

Gonzalez vs Sor Rungvisai 1 : blood and guts, hi-octane clash of offensive boxers
Golovkin vs Alvarez : non-stop action, great tactical battle, lived up to the hype
Estrada vs Cuadras : as close as it gets, epitome of front foot vs back foot battles
Santa Cruz vs Frampton 2 : great rematch, good adjustements after the first fight

Awesome picks should get me started I like the gongzalas pick that was a great fight

Miguel Roman's fights with both Miura and Salido were very good.

Badou Jack vs. James DeGale was a really good fight. Back and forth.

Most of them have been said already, but Golovkin vs Jacobs was also a good fight.

I like it but GGG Canelo was a letdown for me.

I like it but GGG Canelo was a letdown for me.

To be honest it went the way I had pictured it, so it's not like I didn't get the blood and guts I expected.

To be honest it went the way I had pictured it, so it's not like I didn't get the blood and guts I expected.

Just watched klitch and joshua..scored it while watching..had klitch wining going into the 11th, after he droped joshua in the 6th it was all klitch .. wondered what would of happened if the ref didn't intervine. .I mean klitch was in trouble for sure but he's pretty savy perhaps he could of lasted out the rest of the 11th and maybe repayed joshua in the 12th..great fight though. ..onto another one from your list

Just watched ggg v's Canelo and scored it

I had it the same as judge number 3 114-114..GGG had an amazing pace but Canelo didn't break and fought well early and late rounds..good technical fight

I have to go with Wladimir vs. Anthony Joshua.

Not sure why, but I really expected this fight to be a let down, hug fest, or best case scenario an early flash KO in the early rounds.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a back and forth barn burner, with both fighters showing incredible heart.

This is easily the best HW fight I've seen since Vitali vs. Lewis. And I'm not even trolling or exaggerating here.

I like Badou Jack. He's really developed into a fun fighter to watch.

He's definitely improved and accomplished more than I thought he was capable of doing. Not sure how he'll be able to take punches at 175, but he's got a style that makes for exciting fights.

Jean Pascal vs. Ahmed Elbiali

Great fight. WAR!

Just watched klitch and joshua..scored it while watching..had klitch wining going into the 11th, after he droped joshua in the 6th it was all klitch .. wondered what would of happened if the ref didn't intervine. .I mean klitch was in trouble for sure but he's pretty savy perhaps he could of lasted out the rest of the 11th and maybe repayed joshua in the 12th..great fight though. ..onto another one from your list

I guess the KDs would have won Joshua the fight, but Wlad would have gone balls to the wall in round 12 and you never know what could have happened then.

Just watched ggg v's Canelo and scored it

I had it the same as judge number 3 114-114..GGG had an amazing pace but Canelo didn't break and fought well early and late rounds..good technical fight

A draw certainly wasn't unfair. Adjustments and youth make me believe that Canelo will take the rematch with a clear JD in a competitive fight. Just hope that GGG will go to the body a little more.

A draw certainly wasn't unfair. Adjustments and youth make me believe that Canelo will take the rematch with a clear JD in a competitive fight. Just hope that GGG will go to the body a little more.

I think that was the missing link in GGG game plan in the first fight..the guy is a real life terminator with his push forward no matter what style an pace but he head hunts way too much..there was very clear moments that some good bodywork could of opened some of those bombs up top..and for Canelo he fought smart and technically seems more balanced in his attacks and faster then GGG but his output needs to be more in the rematch or he runs the risk of looking bad in the eyes of some judges who don't like rope hugging..

I guess the KDs would have won Joshua the fight, but Wlad would have gone balls to the wall in round 12 and you never know what could have happened then.

Klitch looked in superb form and shape that night..the fact he even got up in the 11th as a heavyweight speaks to that..he did not want to quit..I would love to see them fight again..modern day classic for sure

Back