Best boxing books

I settled on buying the brand new Ali biography. Ali: A Life by Jonathan Eig. It's excellent so far... I've read every Ali book out there and there's so much shit I didn't know about, including many detailed stories about some of his amateur bouts. He whooped some ass in the amateurs!!

I know it wasn't your post but whatever. The amazon ads are bush league and please stop them.

Any Carl froch opening post needs you to post a picture of Rachel cordingly, I think it's the law.

42eaaead5c38a7afc760be704b8c27208848a48fe5762a1a04eca25b48da1064.jpg

also:

article-2641463-1E1CA7B700000578-722_634x667.jpg

I settled on buying the brand new Ali biography. Ali: A Life by Jonathan Eig. It's excellent so far... I've read every Ali book out there and there's so much shit I didn't know about, including many detailed stories about some of his amateur bouts. He whooped some ass in the amateurs!!
there is this huge book with a thousand pages which had all sorts of obscure stuff in it, i always meant to get it but i haven't yet, it never sells at the bookstore i go to, it's been there for years. one of these days i'll get it, i think it came in several different versions, some more expensive than others, as in the thousands, i was surprised how much in their i didn't know about, i think we'll get even more info in the future, PARTICULARLY about his last years and his true condition which i believe was very bad, as bad as Sugar Ray Robinson's or Joe Louis'. I'd also be interested in seeing how much Lonnie manipulated him, I know she did to some degree, but you know? that happened to the indomitable sugar ray robinson too, his wife ran the last 25 years of his life.

there is this huge book with a thousand pages which had all sorts of obscure stuff in it, i always meant to get it but i haven't yet, it never sells at the bookstore i go to, it's been there for years. one of these days i'll get it, i think it came in several different versions, some more expensive than others, as in the thousands, i was surprised how much in their i didn't know about, i think we'll get even more info in the future, PARTICULARLY about his last years and his true condition which i believe was very bad, as bad as Sugar Ray Robinson's or Joe Louis'. I'd also be interested in seeing how much Lonnie manipulated him, I know she did to some degree, but you know? that happened to the indomitable sugar ray robinson too, his wife ran the last 25 years of his life.

Yeah, Lonnie was definitely running things. His brother Rahman is basically living in poverty now, I know Ali wouldn't have let that happen if he had control of all his faculties. He really loved his brother, they had a very tight bond.

ya, i think she probably did the same thing rays wife did, kept him from family. women can be some evil bitches, but i always blame the man, always. Ain't no woman ever gonna do that to me, that's probably the reason i have such bad luck with them, no one can deal with me for long and think of me as a pushover, male or female. but..., many men, as they get older, just run out of fight, i feel it too, but i ain't never felt like letting someone run all over me, maybe it's the wild indian part of me, i don't know, but i don't understand when men let it happen.

on the plus side, she probably extended his life, and she did keep a lot of idiots away from him. Ali was notorious for getting involved with shady people, after reviewing some of the stuff he did with promoter harold smith, i thought 'shit, they could have easily cooked something up to send his ass to prison too".

Back