Best boxers in the UFC

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by fluffball, Dec 9, 2017.

1. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

thats generally how most guys are.

Thais dont spar 100% because they fight so frequently, here in the states once you go pro whether it be muay thai, mma, or boxing, you dont get to fight as frequently, so you do need to get hard sparring in.

I like to spar medium to 75%, but ill hit you as hard as you hit me. I dont initiate but I will retaliate.

sometimes I think of posting a "about me" to my youtube, or why i made my channel and the purpose behind it, but i dunno if anyone would be interested. That being said, when I was younger I doubted myself and didnt believe in myself to compete....the gym I was at, the coach rather than build me up, put me down. I aim to help people overcome the same obstacles I faced. I also believe that the gym I was at at the time, the coaches accomplishments etc are all lies. its a sad but true situation..........alot of the gyms, coaches, etc.....prior to the internet and social media blow up, are all based on nonsesne lies. Back in the day, before there was a youtube etc......you couldnt verify whether somewhat fought at lumpinee "x amount of times". now you can. So the lying that happened in the past.........people cannot get away with today. Once I started fighting, surrounded myself with fighters, top level guys, etc.......and stopped believing everything people say........its pretty easy to spot bullshit........you would be surprised how many people are full of shit........even "reputable" people from the "old school" talk nonsense cause they can get away with it..........but the world and fight community is so small.......im not going to call out names to prevent drama etc.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

I'm the same way, usually 50-60% power, but speed and intensity is always 100%

Mik3ThaMartian and shincheckin like this.
  3. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

check my edit

4. NAKMUAY18

NAKMUAY18 Brown Belt

Exactly, I’ve seen people on here talking about how thai’s rarely spar hard so you don’t ever have to spar hard, they forget that Thais fight every two weeks I feel there’s times to go 20%, there’s times to go 50% and every now and again there’s times to blow the cobwebs out and give’er

shincheckin likes this.
  5. j123

At the end of the day its a business so they do what they do. For people who are supposedly open minded, they're very closed minded at times.

I hear ya on coaches with red flags.

At the end I think they just try to hold the point their philosophy is right, and in retaliation they just don't let you compete. Its a reason I'm looking to bounce, constantly "forcing" me to be at a physique where I'm sick, don't perform well, and chalk it up to "you didn't work hard enough" despite training 6 days a week 2x a day.

There is alot of bro science in the fight community, and its even worse than bodybuilding bro science, because at least with the BB community its proven and backed with a bit of scientific evidence where as the fight community is "my coach said this to me for 10 years" so its the holy grail.

shincheckin likes this.
  6. NAKMUAY18

NAKMUAY18 Brown Belt

On topic, Robert Whitaker, Stipe, Cub was a good call, Jacare has very good hands for a BJJ guy, Paul Felder, and an honerable mention to Frankie Edger.

7. fluffball

fluffball Brown Belt

Ah, can't believe I forgot Whitaker. He is quickly becoming my favorite fighter.

8. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

the reason my old coach acted the way he did, put me down rather than build me up, was because he himself never fought. his entire gym etc is based on lies. so there was a need to compensate for himself never fighting by "acting tough" and putting me down for not competing. Once I started fighting and surrounded myself with actual fighters, both amateur and top level, I can now spot people that are full of shit quite easily

9. j123

lol, Was this some mcdojo or something?

shincheckin likes this.
  10. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

Mayweather runs the UFC.

11. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

actually no, its a supposed legit fight gym. Both coaches at the time (one has since left) were actually good coaches, knowledgeable, and high skill level.

12. facePuncher7

facePuncher7 Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army Platinum Member

Junior dos Santos

13. spacetime

spacetime Black Belt

No way Conor is the best boxer in MMA. He punched like a girl after 3 rounds in his boxing match. No power, no stamina,.

14. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

Where would you rank Whittaker ? I know he is sometimes clumsy with his footwork and seems to reach out sometimes, but he is a solid striker with a sharp jab and cross. Not to mention his left hook too.. he is good at keeping out of range though, which has been his main success.

15. MrFlintStone

MrFlintStone White Belt

I really disagree with Cub. He just wild af with his punches.

ArtemV likes this.
  16. MrFlintStone

MrFlintStone White Belt

Pure boxing I'm gonna say Cody Garbrandt Mac Holloway as of late and probably Stipe or Frankie.

17. AndyMaBobs

AndyMaBobs Brown Belt

Y'know your basement? Well right underneath that.
    I think he's got a pretty good jab. I think he knows how to be just out of range and he knows how to let someone else tire themselves out.

18. aerius

aerius Black Belt

Cub's a pretty good boxer until his brawling instincts kick in and he starts throwing wild.
    Unfortunately he spends way too much time throwing down in wild exchanges rather than boxing.

fluffball likes this.
  19. esum80

esum80 ศิษย์มนต์ชัย

20. devante

devante Silver Belt

tumenov