Best bjj gym in Michigan?

Dirtmcgurt

White Belt
Reaction score
Midwest people I could use a little help, what school would you consider to provide the best quality of training and has produced the best grapplers in the state of Michigan?

Also what school do you think has the best kids program / competition team?

Mi. is a big state. Maybe I will move back there someday.....

a lot came up through Warrior Way

Detroit BJJ

Detroit Jiu Jitsu ive noticed has allot of good competitors, my kid competes locally and at Modern Flow tournaments in Dearborn so we see them often. Its an hour drive for us to that gym so I just wonder if there is another decent gym a bit more north.

Where do you live? It is hard to help you out if we do not know what location you are talking about.

Michigan is a big state, narrow down your area ffs.

Gracie Barra Burton is an awesome Gym. I live in Flint and it's a 10 minute drive for me. The instructor is Black Belt under Flavio Almeida. He brings in world champions 3-4 times a year for seminars and private lessons. Lucas Leite was just here last month. Romulo Barral, Braulio Estima, Buchecha, Flavio Almeida, and Samuel Braga, are just some of the other guys he brings in on the regular or has brought in. They have kids classes as well. They always have people winning medals at tournaments in both the adult and kids divisions.

Come check us out at Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu down in Ann Arbor. Our professor is a 1st degree black belt under Saulo and Xande Ribeiro. Lots of great folks to train with.

Any word on Royce Gracie AOM in Southgate? Or any legit Judo south of Detroit?

When the SHTF want to be on Darron Cruickshanks side....he posted pics of his arsenal on FB.....

Just sayin, keep that in mind lol

Back