LF - Rickey Henderson
CF - Ken Griffey Jr.
RF - Larry Walker

SP - Greg Maddux
P - Robb Nen
CL - John Franco

Manager - Tommy Lasorda

Last edited:
Some people rewritting history on Griff here. I loved watching him back in the day but come on.

C - Mike Piazza
1st - Frank Thomas
2nd - Ryne Sandberg
SS - Barry Larkin
3rd - Chipper Jones
LF - Rickey Henderson
CF - Ken Griffey Jr.
RF - Larry Walker

SP - Greg Maddux
P - Robb Nen
CL - John Franco

Manager - Tommy Lasorda

Nice list, I assume this your all 90s team, I love Piazza but Pudge would get the nod over him simply because he was a defensive wizard. Ryno is fair, you could also go Biggio at 2nd. Boggs or Ventura at 3rd. Bonds > Rickey for sure

What gets overlooked in these conversations is that Bonds basically played his whole career in notoriously pitcher friendly parks in the marine layer(which basically means the ball doesn't carry well at all, especially at night).

In the 90's, Griffey got the benefit of playing in a launch pad called the Kingdome.

In the 90's, Bonds was playing in the windy, cold, shit hole that they called Candlestick.

If Bonds was playing in the Kingdome in the 90's I reckon he would have already had multiple 50 HR seasons before he hit his 2nd prime post-2000. He could have easily had 800-900 HRs if he didn't have to play in Candlestick Park and AT&T for most of his career.

Most players from that era say Junior. His swing is something you cant teach. sadly he could have benefitted from some juice. but imagine if he was on juice?!?!?!?!?!

Nice list, I assume this your all 90s team, I love Piazza but Pudge would get the nod over him simply because he was a defensive wizard. Ryno is fair, you could also go Biggio at 2nd. Boggs or Ventura at 3rd. Bonds > Rickey for sure

Alomar, sucka. Criminally underrated and the best 2nd baseman of the 90s.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that spitting All-Star, you're right

No worries seems he is often overlooked. Hitting wise biggio abs him are very comparable almost everywhere. Alomar has the higher peak and biggio the longevity. Defensively Robbie was the best ever at 2nd imo and well ahead

C - Mike Piazza
1st - Frank Thomas
2nd - Ryne Sandberg
SS - Barry Larkin
3rd - Chipper Jones
LF - Rickey Henderson
CF - Ken Griffey Jr.
RF - Larry Walker

SP - Greg Maddux
P - Robb Nen
CL - John Franco

Manager - Tommy Lasorda

SS
2B
3B
Pitchers

Those positions were all very interchangeable as I can name 3 players at each that were close in numbers and performance. Not a bad list.

This is why I don't much bother talking baseball in here. LMAO. Bonds was twice the player Griffey was, even in the 90's. This isn't close and Griffey isn't even second.
I was surprised to see you say this, because the way I remembered it Ken Griffey was just unbelievable, light years beyond anyone else, before he got injured, but I guess that was just the typical ESPN talking head bullshit and videogame covers.

I trotted over to the B-Ref to remind myself of their stat lines, and it's not even close. Even as a slugger Griffey was hot garbage compared to Barry, and that's pure 90's.

I was surprised to see you say this, because the way I remembered it Ken Griffey was just unbelievable, light years beyond anyone else, before he got injured, but I guess that was just the typical ESPN talking head bullshit and videogame covers.

I trotted over to the B-Ref to remind myself of their stat lines, and it's not even close. Even as a slugger Griffey was hot garbage compared to Barry, and that's pure 90's.
He was amazing to watch. Everything Griffey did well, he made look so beautiful. He just didn't do nearly as many things well (or as well) as Bonds did.

What gets overlooked in these conversations is that Bonds basically played his whole career in notoriously pitcher friendly parks in the marine layer(which basically means the ball doesn't carry well at all, especially at night).

In the 90's, Griffey got the benefit of playing in a launch pad called the Kingdome.

In the 90's, Bonds was playing in the windy, cold, shit hole that they called Candlestick.

If Bonds was playing in the Kingdome in the 90's I reckon he would have already had multiple 50 HR seasons before he hit his 2nd prime post-2000. He could have easily had 800-900 HRs if he didn't have to play in Candlestick Park and AT&T for most of his career.
Also, Griffey has ARod or Buhner hitting behind him and Edgar Martinez is already on second.

Prime Griffey might be the best ever

Had to try and hide weak noodle arm roider in left field while Griffey is one of the best center fielders ever. Not even close as players.

Back