Best base for MMA?

Subliminal Message

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This has been a discussion over the times. What are the best bases to compete in high level MMA?
We can start at the best base ever, but 1 alone is not enough, so you can count the top 5 in order. I will give out my list from 1-5. Starting from best base:
1. Wrestling
2. Muay thai
3. Bjj
4. Kickboxing
5. Boxing

And what you have left:
Greco-Roman wrestling (love this one, couldn't find a space)
Judo
Karate-kung-fu
Jujitsu
Japanese jujitsu
Tae kwon do
Capoeira
Sambo

You tell me your top 5.
Also note, what the GOATS backgrounds are in.......

I love Sambo also. ...
Whatelse would you add??

yrwss.jpg

1. Wrestling
2. Bjj
3.boxing
4.kickboxing
5.muay Thai

This has been a discussion over the times. What are the best bases to compete in high level MMA?
We can start at the best base ever, but 1 alone is not enough, so you can count the top 5 in order. I will give out my list from 1-5. Starting from best base:
1. Wrestling
2. Muay thai
3. Bjj
4. Kickboxing
5. Boxing

And what you have left:
Judo
Karate-kung-fu
Jujitsu
Japanese jujitsu
Tae kwon do
Capoeira
Sambo

You tell me your top 5.

I love Sambo also. ...
Whatelse would you add??
1. Weight Cut
2. Trash Talk

Goes like this young buck...1. RIP, 2. SAFTA, 3. Ninjitsu, 4. Kapu Kuialua, 5. Joe Son Do....in that order

At the sametime you have:
Goat Silva: Muay thai based
FW DJ: striking/boxing
Conor: Karate/boxing
Bisping: Boxing
Stipe: Boxing

So wtf is so obvious??!??!!

Born in Kentucky, Johnson grew up in Parkland, Washington where he attended Washington High School with and was a stand-out athlete in track, wrestling, and cross country. In wrestling, he placed 3rd and 2nd in state in his junior and senior years. Although he participated in track and cross country to improve his cardio for wrestling, he competed at the State Championships in both sports as well.[11][12]

=Wrestling background

1 Shaolin Kung Fu
2 Tai Chi Quan
3 Wing Chun Quan
4 Xing Yi Quan
5 Choy Lai Fut

Kung-Fu-Yoga-Film-Coming-To-Big-Screen-733x440.jpg

WWE style wrastlin
Tae Boe
Tai chi
Yoga
Being able to beat MK / Street Fighter on hard difficulty

All about that base. Holly Holm and Miesha Tate have best ass in the league. Shout-out to Sage for those amazing quads and he has a sexy ass as well.

women's bronze medal caliber judo for the grappling end and edmond's signature wushu for the striking

Wrestling,Bjj,boxing,MT in no particular order. There are absolutely others that can help and are viable but these are the most important and even if you add nothing on top of those you are a complete fighter.

To be honest the number one thing beyond styles and all that shit is size and toughness. But really, you can't go wrong with western boxing and wrestling. Good hands and wrestling ability in conjunction with toughness can get you a looooooooooooooooooooooong way in mma

1)Western boxing

2) karate kicks

3)blocking / power combo moves

4) standing kick

5) running diving push

Jon Jones showed the way.

It's all about steroids and Krav Maga.

Plus some shit talking to get big fights (pioneered by Sonnen)

1. Wrestling
2. Muay thai
3. Bjj
4. Kickboxing
5. Boxing

And what you have left:
Judo
Karate-kung-fu
Jujitsu
Japanese jujitsu
Tae kwon do
Capoeira
Sambo

You tell me your top 5.

I love Sambo also. ...
Whatelse would you add??

1. Wrestling
2. BJJ
3. Sambo
4. __________
5. __________

My top three are surely those backgrounds.

I think being an elite level boxer, then adding in the other skills would be the best, but in all honesty, all the top guys all had some form of wrestling training, early on. Cody may seem like a fighter that grew up on just boxing, but he was a really good HS wrestler, and same with Dom, and the other elites. I think Conor's one of the few elite fighters with a mainly boxing background, and even then, he probably started BJJ early on in his life.

Back