Best base for MMA imo(boxing)

I say ballet is the best base (mostly for the alliteration).

Can't beat those HKs.

325081a_tn220x220.jpg

ac_qingming_riverside_liu_yinghong_as_zhang_zeduan_white_kick_500.jpg

END OF THREAD.

You most've not read my post. IF we're going to pick one fighting style to beat other styles(like the early days) then only sub arts would be good. Wrestling is worth less without either stiking or sub def. name one decent boxer that was in the early UFC's? I'd take a prime Mike Tyson over prime Royce any day. my post is about the best syles as a base and then develope other styles around that base and i think it's easily boxing

do you like to contradict yourself, or is it that you just can't help it?

"IF we're going to pick one fighting style to beat other styles(like the early days) then only sub arts would be good." AND THEN "I'd take a prime Mike Tyson over prime Royce any day."

sheesh

and your original post is extremely stupid too. grappling is the best base for mma, and anyone not realizing that is too stupid for me convince otherwise anyway.

i think wrestling is the best base for MMA. but of course that is only my opinion. The guys who do best in MMA are the ones who dedicate themselves the most and are natural athletes. You have to be well rounded obviously... The 4 P4P best fighters in the world are all good at everything... A. Silva, Fedor, BJ Penn and GSP are all very well rounded, that's why they rarely lose...

Like i said in my first post A pure boxer couldn't beat a pure grappler. A pure wrestler would lose to a pure BJJ guy 99 percent of the time. If you come from a world class boxing back ground you don't have to become a BJJ black belt or a top wrestler what you have to do is develope skills to help your strength kind like Chuck did. Except he's not that great at his strength

Someone already probably said this but Chuck has wrestled before, he just is better at stand up.

Your opinion don't count. Look at your screen name. Straight up bias with no fact.

And Igor Vovchanchyn who was a Boxer proved your idiotic bias opinion wrong when he destroyed World Class BJJ grappler Adilson Lima in a 1995 Russian match. Lima trained under Ryan Gracie.

People like you forget that styles don't only matter. Alot of times it is about who has the better skills and who can execute that skill the best.

BJJ don't mean shit when your opponent is extremely explosive with power and speed.

Look at how Tank Abbott destroyed Hugo Duerta (Vale Tudo) and Tank was not even quick but powerful as hell.

Look at the idiotic examples you give, though...

Igor was trained in Sambo, Ryan Gracie has never been known as some great coach, and BJJ means complete crap when it has proven without a shadow of a doubt to be the most effective singular art in the world? You're an idiot. Please refrain from posting any more.

Yeah because when great black Boxers like Muhammad Ali and Roy Jones Jr show excellent footwork in Boxing you think that "it is too black for MMA" right?

Idiot. You obviously never trained bro.

NO! You have obviously never trained! This is what you have already proven. Please vanish into obscurity!

Most trainers or teachers would tell you that wrestling or grappling comes more naturally and easier to teach for that reason, so yes coming a striking back ground and starting from there would be a good way to start.

I don't think boxing would be the best base but having some striking back ground would be ideal. Striking is much harder to learn in many ways.

So you think it's the best base not because a straight boxer can beat someone in BJJ but because boxing teaches you something that you can't teach a lot of people???

That makes no sense. If someone has heart and is a natural athlete it doesn't matter what base they come from cause they'll succeed at whatever they set their mind to.

You mention the chin, BJ comes from BJJ and he has the best chin in MMA.

What do you think a typical striker vs grappler match is??

the best base is grappling

Correction.. Mark Hunt has the best chin in MMA

do you like to contradict yourself, or is it that you just can't help it?

"IF we're going to pick one fighting style to beat other styles(like the early days) then only sub arts would be good." AND THEN "I'd take a prime Mike Tyson over prime Royce any day."

sheesh

and your original post is extremely stupid too. grappling is the best base for mma, and anyone not realizing that is too stupid for me convince otherwise anyway.

That's becasue tyson had 40 pounds on him and was extremely athletic unlike the other big guys he fought. My whole point is anyone can learn to grapple at least to a very soild level, but you can't teach everyone to be a great striker. It's much like being a baskerball player or football player you can teach anyone that stuff but how many are going to turn into pro level players.

Most trainers or teachers would tell you that wrestling or grappling comes more naturally and easier to teach for that reason, so yes coming a striking back ground and starting from there would be a good way to start.

I don't think boxing would be the best base but having some striking back ground would be ideal. Striking is much harder to learn in many ways.

Yes your very right about grappling being much easier to pickup. Any one can learn to be a good grappler(maybe not the top of the top but soild) but not everyone can develope decent standup no matter how hard they train it

That's becasue tyson had 40 pounds on him and was extremely athletic unlike the other big guys he fought. My whole point is anyone can learn to grapple at least to a very soild level, but you can't teach everyone to be a great striker. It's much like being a baskerball player or football player you can teach anyone that stuff but how many are going to turn into pro level players.

lol you are an absolute tool. So you saying anyone can learn to become a world champion wrestler or BJJ blackbelt??

lol you are an absolute tool. So you saying anyone can learn to become a world champion wrestler or BJJ blackbelt??

Did you read what i wrote? To at least a very soild level. Where did i say anyone can be a world class grappler?

Did you read what i wrote? To at least a very soild level. Where did i say anyone can be a world class grappler?

Yeah i read exactly what you wrote, anyone can learn to strike to a very solid level aswell so i have no idea what you're point is.

Look at koscheck and swick there wrestlers that can strike good. While not the most technical guys anyone that wants to stand and bang with them dudes isn't in for an easy night.

and btw yes anyone with all working parts can become a BJJ black belt given they put in the 6-15 years. Can anyone become a ADCC champ of course not but just about anyone can develope into a very soild grappler given they put in the time

This will all be sorted out when we have TUF: USA vs UK. Then we can watch a lot of british boxers get LnP'd or maybe even GnP'd by some collegiate wrestlers.

Yeah i read exactly what you wrote, anyone can learn to strike to a very solid level aswell so i have no idea what you're point is.

Look at koscheck and swick there wrestlers that can strike good. While not the most technical guys anyone that wants to stand and bang with them dudes isn't in for an easy night.

Those two are coming around well, but there are guys like Hughes that can do a life long of striking and never become a good striker. There's alot of guys like that. Cro Cop, bass rutten and many others grappling developed faster then Koschecks striking has

I think without a doubt it would be Boxing or other striking arts if i were to pick any single style to start with. The reason why i pick that isn't becasue a boxer by itself would beat a wrestler or BJJer becasue they wouldn't. It's the fact that they have something that you can't teach most people and that's being a fighter and having a fighters heart. This is something i see lacking with so many top grapplers i see coming into MMA and other grapplers in mma. Is this to say that all grapplers don't have heart of course not, but it's impossible to make it to the elite level in boxing without at least a very soild heart. Another thing that gets weeded out in boxing is weak chins. you can make it all the way to the upper levels in the UFC before you truely get your chin tested if your a soild fighter. I think think of many top level fighters in MMA that are either scared to get hit or have weak chins.

The thing is No top boxer would ever want to come to MMA becasue they get paid 10-100 times more to box. Of course as mma grows and boxing dies off we'll see more true fighters in mma

What about Muay Thai? Many of the top Thais have hundreds of fights by the time they are 20. Alot of Nak Muays fight multiple times a week for several weeks in a row, and trust me your entire body gets punished and your chin definitely gets tested.

Also, saying that Jiu-Jitsu guys don't have heart is ignorant, they make way less than boxers by your own admission that shows more heart and a love for their sport. What about Jacare getting his arm broken and still winning against Roger?

This will all be sorted out when we have TUF: USA vs UK. Then we can watch a lot of british boxers get LnP'd or maybe even GnP'd by some collegiate wrestlers.

Everyone here knows that a pure grappler beats a pure striker or close to pure, but that's not the point of this thread. It's the best base. A world class striker which we've seen very few even try to come to MMA(K1 guys, but i think High level boxers would be better off) can develope his whole game within 3 years to have every thing work toward his strength. Where as a world class wrestler in 3 years will have garbage striking and low level BJJ, so his only option is LNP which we see so much of these days

Back