Besides Conor´s fans, does anybody seriously think he would have a chance against Woodley?

Woodley would flat line Conor, as would the majority of elite WW's.

It's pretty easy to dismiss Conor's gas tank. The myth of him having poor cardio needs to be put to rest. People that allude to that are generally inexperienced with any sort of martial art or combat sport training.

Again, to preface, not a Conor fan in the slightest.

The only 2 contests where he fatigued were the Diaz fights and against Mayweather. They are often attributed to poor conditioning (whether genetic or improper preperation) but both reasonings can easily be debunked:

Diaz I: When fighting a bigger opponent, the typical gameplan should be to use quickness and cardio to drag the opponent into the later rounds. When the bigger opponent get's fatigued, the smaller fighter has the opportunity to capitalize without fear of taking a full power shot. Weathering the storm as they say. Conor was use to fighting much smaller opponents (due to his massive weight cut at 145) and did not pace himself and threw everything at Nate but the kitchen sink. Even when he landed well he had 2 things against him:

1. He was the smaller fighter (less power generally)

2. Nate Diaz arguably has the chin of a Light heavyweight.

Head hunting is not the best strategy as a smaller fighter. Very easy to tire yourself out when the bigger opponent doesn't fall.

His strategy in the 2nd fight was the correct, but the X-Factor that is Diaz's chin proved to still be tiring for the smaller opponent. Diaz showed fatigue in the later rounds and even when he was fresher then Conor, he couldn't do much due to the leg damage he took in the earlier rounds. Work low to high on a bigger opponent, not high to low. So Conor's strategy still worked.

Mayweather: Arguably the easiest to debunk.

1. Bigger fighter (more power, less gas tank)

2. Very unfamiliar/in experienced with boxing rules and strategy. He wasted a good amount of energy trying to fight for a silly clinch attack that he had no business doing.

If Conor employs the strategy he had against Diaz in the 2nd fight, he could easily win. Very doubtful that Woodley takes some of those shots that Diaz took. But Woodley could easily knock Conor out as well. They're both champions, and that's the reality of it.

Again, early rounds are for Woodley and later are for Conor.
"Not a Conor fan in the slightest." Proceeds to write a short novel trying to convince everyone that Conor has proven 5 rd. cardio. This place kills me sometimes.

Last edited:
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F574568%2F903368e1-9df7-49b9-b4d3-39d1c23e1854.jpg
s5h9d2ljpw2deb8zg.jpg
emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg
bzojdyzyyeug5zuzg.jpg
sa1q44mjvkxf4d6zg.jpg
sa1q44mjvkxf4d6zg.jpg
xbu4k9l8yeq63wvzg.jpg
3wsxyuoblacadhpzg.jpg
Floyd looked like Mike Tyson that night lol. Bet you was one of the idiots who bet money on Conor thinking he had a chance.

<{dayum}> You can "like" whore off me 24/7 with sweet gifs like this, Hey Connie's what happened to the Big Left Hand..?

Well I guess there's a chance Tyrone takes a dive, especially since we're talking Canor here

Other than that, no, Canor has zero chance

Last edited:
The people saying Conor would be the favorite are the people who think he was "beating" The Mountain in sparring

You think Conor has enough power to ko Woodley ? Hes couldnt ko Nate Diaz he aint koing Woodley lol. He would get mauled.

You say that like it's a knock against Conor. The Diaz brothers are alien zombie hybrids. No one is tougher. Woodley got KO'd by Nate Marquardt, who has decent power but nothing special.

Connie have exactly 1 and 1/2 round to make it something happen.
If by ANY means Tyron gets him down,Connie gets mauled.
After Connies active period ends,he gets mauled anyway.

Woodley is way too strong have a better gas tank and have good enough defense to stay away from Connie while he still dangerous.

Connie gets mauled.

GSP mauls Connie too, same process but more methodical.

Definitely, and I can't stand Conor. Woodley is a stationary target, he stands still and throws 10 punches a round so he doesn't gas. I honestly think his only path to victory if he couldn't hold Conor down and on the cage for 5 would be to get him out of there early sub or KO. Even then Conor as a pretty good chin. If he tried that standing on the cage shit with Conor, Conor definitely wouldn't shy away from getting in the pocket and throwing with Woodley. Conor would bring the fight to Woodley and make him fight, something his past few opponents haven't done.

If Mcgregor can land before being taken down it might be interesting. But the smart money is on Woodley. Ground and Pound to a stoppage. Probably pretty quick.

If Conor was serious and took the fight like it was life and death, yeah he could win it. It would be a longshot, but nothing crazy.

So because Conor is smaller he'd have no chance? And because of MMA math?

People thought GSP had no chance against Bisping. Melvin Manhoef KO'd Mark Hunt. Anything can happen in a fight, and sometimes being the smaller faster fighter can be benifitial, especially if if you're very skilled and have power.

This would actually be an intriguing matchup but I don't think Conor would take the fight unless he saw a hype angle and Woodley isn't good at that. In some ways Conor is like a shorter version of Wonderboy as far as being a creative striker with great precision, timing and command of distance (but boxing vs. kickboxing, I know). I wouldn't rule Conor out. If he gets GNPd by Tyron he would bleed profusely just like WB, but worst of all we would then have to hear Tyron calling himself a GOAT afterwards....now I talked myself out of wanting to see it lol

If Mcgregor can land before being taken down it might be interesting. But the smart money is on Woodley. Ground and Pound to a stoppage. Probably pretty quick.

I think Woodley knocks him out and probably fast.

Conor is pretty hittable and Woodley is by far the bigger hitter.

I don't really think Conor is better at anything than Woodley. It's hard to give a guy a "puncher's chance" when he's facing a bigger puncher who also has a far superior ground game. Woodley won't have to worry about Conor changing levels at all.

Conor also doesn't have the gas tank to take Woodley into deep water.

I like Woodley more than McGregor but I think Conor has a chance.
However both are counter strikers and the fight has the propensity to be as boring as Wonderboy vs Woodley. Maybe worse, because neither would want to gas. However crowd booing might get to McGregor and make him do something stupid on the feet.
I’d take Tyron, but as far as ppl ragging on conors weak ground game....the fight has to get to the ground first. That can be hard to do without getting clipped.

Woodley would take conor down with ease. 90% of conor game is kicking. No one ever mentions this for some reason - it's all about his left left this left that - but his kicks set up everything. They keep you off him - they prevent you from circling - etc. Those kicks are a huge vulnerability against a wrestler. They can grab them and take your down they can catch you in between and off balance and take you down. He's smaller than WB and works closer

Woodley would take conor down with ease. 90% of conor game is kicking. No one ever mentions this for some reason - it's all about his left left this left that - but his kicks set up everything. They keep you off him - they prevent you from circling - etc. Those kicks are a huge vulnerability against a wrestler. They can grab them and take your down they can catch you in between and off balance and take you down. He's smaller than WB and works closer
I didn’t consider his kicks being a vulnerability. It’s possible.

Back