Besides Conor´s fans, does anybody seriously think he would have a chance against Woodley?

Very little Conor has worse gas tank than even woodley which is hilarious. Then woodley is a massive wrestler who would hulk smash him and GnP his thin skin into a bloody pulp. If he survives that 2 rounds he's gassed and tyron beats him even standing. Conor can't follow him down if he chin checks wood so punchers chance isnt even there.

5% chance.

It's pretty easy to dismiss Conor's gas tank. The myth of him having poor cardio needs to be put to rest. People that allude to that are generally inexperienced with any sort of martial art or combat sport training.

Again, to preface, not a Conor fan in the slightest.

The only 2 contests where he fatigued were the Diaz fights and against Mayweather. They are often attributed to poor conditioning (whether genetic or improper preperation) but both reasonings can easily be debunked:

Diaz I: When fighting a bigger opponent, the typical gameplan should be to use quickness and cardio to drag the opponent into the later rounds. When the bigger opponent get's fatigued, the smaller fighter has the opportunity to capitalize without fear of taking a full power shot. Weathering the storm as they say. Conor was use to fighting much smaller opponents (due to his massive weight cut at 145) and did not pace himself and threw everything at Nate but the kitchen sink. Even when he landed well he had 2 things against him:

1. He was the smaller fighter (less power generally)

2. Nate Diaz arguably has the chin of a Light heavyweight.

Head hunting is not the best strategy as a smaller fighter. Very easy to tire yourself out when the bigger opponent doesn't fall.

His strategy in the 2nd fight was the correct, but the X-Factor that is Diaz's chin proved to still be tiring for the smaller opponent. Diaz showed fatigue in the later rounds and even when he was fresher then Conor, he couldn't do much due to the leg damage he took in the earlier rounds. Work low to high on a bigger opponent, not high to low. So Conor's strategy still worked.

Mayweather: Arguably the easiest to debunk.

1. Bigger fighter (more power, less gas tank)

2. Very unfamiliar/in experienced with boxing rules and strategy. He wasted a good amount of energy trying to fight for a silly clinch attack that he had no business doing.

If Conor employs the strategy he had against Diaz in the 2nd fight, he could easily win. Very doubtful that Woodley takes some of those shots that Diaz took. But Woodley could easily knock Conor out as well. They're both champions, and that's the reality of it.

Again, early rounds are for Woodley and later are for Conor.
And yet you are using the myth of woodley gassing in fights.

WW fights Conor has gassed 100% of the time.

He has poor cardio, he gassed in less than a round against Nate in the first and a round and a half in the second.

Mayweather fight just proved it, people thinking he would be able to go 12 rounds because he trains MMA LOL.

He gassed early on and Floyd decided to carry him through out rounds, he had no power in his punches for most of the fight but it was gone by the 3rd round.

It's one of 2 things, Conor gasses after getting hit because he doesn't like it or he has a terrible gas tank.

I feel it's a bit of both.

Woodley gassing is a myth continually brought up due to sheep listening to Joe Rogan saying it a million times when he has zero facts or one fight with Paul Daley where woodley wrestled hard in the 3rd because he was afraid of the stand up.

Edit: Conor didn't cut weight for the Diaz fights, gas tank should be no problem. Throwing punches in the first round and gasses like thst is proof of poor cardio.

I'm not a Conor fan at all but objectively he would easily KO Woodley, probably within the first 30 seconds.

And yet you are using the myth of woodley gassing in fights.

WW fights Conor has gassed 100% of the time.

He has poor cardio, he gassed in less than a round against Nate in the first and a round and a half in the second.

Mayweather fight just proved it, people thinking he would be able to go 12 rounds because he trains MMA LOL.

He gassed early on and Floyd decided to carry him through out rounds, he had no power in his punches for most of the fight but it was gone by the 3rd round.

It's one of 2 things, Conor gasses after getting hit because he doesn't like it or he has a terrible gas tank.

I feel it's a bit of both.

Woodley gassing is a myth continually brought up due to sheep listening to Joe Rogan saying it a million times when he has zero facts or one fight with Paul Daley where woodley wrestled hard in the 3rd because he was afraid of the stand up.

Woodley has 15 pounds on Conor. That is my reasoning for him having a weaker gas tank. Not a crazy difference, but enough to count.

Woodley has 15 pounds on Conor. That is my reasoning for him having a weaker gas tank. Not a crazy difference, but enough to count.
You are smart on the subject but I feel like you are looking at woodley game plan wrong?

I just don't see a pace being pushed that will gas either out? I think it looks like the wonder boy 2 fight.

Woodley would break Conor in half and before his body is removed in a stretcher Woodley will do a poo on Conor's chest.

You are smart on the subject but I feel like you are looking at woodley game plan wrong?

I just don't see a pace being pushed that will gas either out? I think it looks like the wonder boy 2 fight.

Well, if the contest goes anything like the Wonderboy fight then I have no clue what will happen. lol. I'm half decent at analyzing FIGHTS, but that was no fight.

I'm not a Conor fan at all but objectively he would easily KO Woodley, probably within the first 30 seconds.
As the #1 Conor hater around here even I must admit your analysis is very accurate

Well, if the contest goes anything like the Wonderboy fight then I have no clue what will happen. lol. I'm half decent at analyzing FIGHTS, but that was no fight.
2 guys looking at each other practically, I remember wonderboy after the first fight did a Q and A and I asked him if there is anything he would do differently this time around..

His answer

Throw more strikes and be aggressive.

He lied to me on sherdog.

QASOJat.gif

<23>

" he couldn't even KO nate " As if Nate were someone who was getting Ko'd left and right ?
Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif
11-Nate-Diaz-vs.-Josh-Thomson-3-1.gif

I like Woodley to be honest and I still think he gets merked by dat left hand shot

GSP as well

A puncher’s chance, sure.

It's pretty easy to dismiss Conor's gas tank. The myth of him having poor cardio needs to be put to rest. People that allude to that are generally inexperienced with any sort of martial art or combat sport training.

Again, to preface, not a Conor fan in the slightest.

The only 2 contests where he fatigued were the Diaz fights and against Mayweather. They are often attributed to poor conditioning (whether genetic or improper preperation) but both reasonings can easily be debunked:

Diaz I: When fighting a bigger opponent, the typical gameplan should be to use quickness and cardio to drag the opponent into the later rounds. When the bigger opponent get's fatigued, the smaller fighter has the opportunity to capitalize without fear of taking a full power shot. Weathering the storm as they say. Conor was use to fighting much smaller opponents (due to his massive weight cut at 145) and did not pace himself and threw everything at Nate but the kitchen sink. Even when he landed well he had 2 things against him:

1. He was the smaller fighter (less power generally)

2. Nate Diaz arguably has the chin of a Light heavyweight.

Head hunting is not the best strategy as a smaller fighter. Very easy to tire yourself out when the bigger opponent doesn't fall.

His strategy in the 2nd fight was the correct, but the X-Factor that is Diaz's chin proved to still be tiring for the smaller opponent. Diaz showed fatigue in the later rounds and even when he was fresher then Conor, he couldn't do much due to the leg damage he took in the earlier rounds. Work low to high on a bigger opponent, not high to low. So Conor's strategy still worked.

Mayweather: Arguably the easiest to debunk.

1. Bigger fighter (more power, less gas tank)

2. Very unfamiliar/in experienced with boxing rules and strategy. He wasted a good amount of energy trying to fight for a silly clinch attack that he had no business doing.

If Conor employs the strategy he had against Diaz in the 2nd fight, he could easily win. Very doubtful that Woodley takes some of those shots that Diaz took. But Woodley could easily knock Conor out as well. They're both champions, and that's the reality of it.

Again, early rounds are for Woodley and later are for Conor.
Agreed. Well said. This is how I see it as well. It's just the obvious truth to people who look at things honestly.

No camp Mendes already showed us how that fight would go down. Mendes got the 1st takedown within 10 seconds of fight, but Conor was able to get up. Against full camp Woodley, Conor would absolutely never get up. And he´d get his brain smashed all over the mat with gnp.
Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

giphy.gif

Woodley could also knock Conor out cold if he wanted to, he would easily land that right hand all night long. But obviously Tyron would need only one and it´s over. Mini Mendes was able to find McGregor's chin.
mendestagsconor2.gif

Tyron would find that chin and crack it for good.
KmiLato.gif

Conor can´t go up and fight the WW champ and he can´t stay at LW and fight the true LW champ Tony.

He´s "running" out of options.
duck-chase-gif.gif
Absolutely not.

The thing I think most people are not mentioning here is that Woodley is a very cerebral fighter. Put simply, he doesn't give a single fuck about how people think he should fight, he puts his game plan together and sticks to it. There is almost zero chance he would rush McGregor, giving him the chance to land his counter left. Woodley would likely wrestle from the get go, and I don't like McGregor's chances in that kind of fight.

Back