Berto vs Garcia Almost Done

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am reading on IG aamd ESNEW(youtube guy that Roach attacked) saying this fight is bout be made for Sept 24. I like it. If Danny can beat Berto on Primtime, he be ready for Floyd on PPV next yr. But Berto will land on Danny at some point in the fight and his uppercut is the best in the game, so Danny gonna have to be careful staying in the pocket like he does.

Last edited:
I like the matchup though I understand why people aren't really excited about it. I think it'll be a fun fight.

Good action fight, plus a nice stay busy fight. Keep him ready for a Thurman unification.

I like the matchup though I understand why people aren't really excited about it. I think it'll be a fun fight.

But do you see it being competitive at all? I think Garcia is pretty good, although often I would like to see him fight some more top fighters.

Berto on the other hand... His finish against Ortiz was pretty cool but I havent been that sold on him overall to be honest. I just see Garcia taking a comfortable UD with 1-2 KD's myself with 2-3 exciting rounds but it getting slow after the half. But I am far of being knowledgeable so I might be dead wrong here too

This fight is absolute dog shit there is zero good about it.

This fight is absolute dog shit there is zero good about it.

Berto has been nothing but fun to watch in every big fight he has had and this will be a fun exicting fight. I dont see how it can be boring. Danny will trade with berto most of the fight. And it being a FUN is aboluty something GOOD about it.

This fight is signed. I heard this morning

Berto has been nothing but fun to watch in every big fight he has had and this will be a fun exicting fight. I dont see how it can be boring. Danny will trade with berto most of the fight. And it being a FUN is aboluty something GOOD about it.
Its irrelevant and a waste of time.

But do you see it being competitive at all? I think Garcia is pretty good, although often I would like to see him fight some more top fighters.

Berto on the other hand... His finish against Ortiz was pretty cool but I havent been that sold on him overall to be honest. I just see Garcia taking a comfortable UD with 1-2 KD's myself with 2-3 exciting rounds but it getting slow after the half. But I am far of being knowledgeable so I might be dead wrong here too
When is Garcia not in a competitive fight? His style guarantees a competitive matchup.

Naw. It a good fight between two BIG Stars of the sport.
It is a good fight. People have been anti Garcia ever since he fought Rod Salka, no one has had anything positive to say about the guy since that fight. I don't think it'd really matter who he fought. Yeah, Berto isn't Pacquiao, that doesn't mean we won't see a good fight anyway.

It is a good fight. People have been anti Garcia ever since he fought Rod Salka, no one has had anything positive to say about the guy since that fight. I don't think it'd really matter who he fought. Yeah, Berto isn't Pacquiao, that doesn't mean we won't see a good fight anyway.

I think a good fight requires some level of unpredictability. Nobody will pick Berto, that is why it is lame.

If this was in between good fights, like Canelo vs Kirkland, then it'd be good. But it's not, it's following two shit fights.

yeah. Danny is a great TV fighter and puts on fun fights for the fans and Berto has been in nothing but fun fights too. So 2 big name fighters who both put on great fan friendly fights agree to fight each other in what is mostly likey a FOTY fight and people Hate it.

I think it's an okay fight. UD for Danny. There's a reason Berto is being shipped in for the fight. He's a former champ, a name, is past his best, and a reasonably calculated risk. Less money, but safer payday than the Pac fight.

I think a good fight requires some level of unpredictability. Nobody will pick Berto, that is why it is lame.

If this was in between good fights, like Canelo vs Kirkland, then it'd be good. But it's not, it's following two shit fights.
Danny Garcia is always in competitive fights. I'm not going to dwell on who he fought least year. This fight is signed, might as well watch it and hope for the best.

I think it's an okay fight. UD for Danny. There's a reason Berto is being shipped in for the fight. He's a former champ, a name, is past his best, and a reasonably calculated risk. Less money, but safer payday than the Pac fight.
He's actually the number 2 contender for Garcia's WBC belt, number 1 being Khan who I believe is still on medical suspension.

Back