Bernie Sanders supporter protesting right-wing rally with American flag beaten up by Antifa

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bernie Sanders supporter protesting right-wing rally with American flag beaten up by Antifa, video shows

By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News
1534867669684.jpg

Paul Welch was beaten by Antifa members for carrying an American flag at an counter-protest in Portland, Oregon. (Courtesy of Mike Bivins)

A registered Democrat and Bernie Sanders supporter protesting a right-wing rally in Oregon earlier this month says he was viciously beaten by militant members of his own movement because he possessed a "fascist symbol" -- an American flag.

Continue Reading Below

Paul Welch told The Oregonian/Oregon Live he took the flag with him when he went to Portland Aug. 4 to oppose a right-wing rally being held at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Though the American flag is more commonly associated with the conservative movement, Welch, an Oregon man who voted for Sanders during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary, said he wanted to "take it back."

“The right, and certainly a lot of smaller groups like Patriot Prayer, might rush to things like the flag and try to take it up as, ‘This is our symbol exclusively,’” Welch told The Oregonian/Oregon Live. “Part of my thinking was to take it back.”

Aside from some odd looks, Welch said he didn't encounter any problems when he joined the hundreds of counter-protesters who gathered at City Hall that day. The trouble started when the group began marching toward the park.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/2...flag-beaten-up-by-antifa-video-shows.amp.html

Can someone shoot a group of these idiots?

These dumb fucking proud boys, and antifa running around like some high school kids playing games.

Not everyone plays games. A group of people, any group, tries to jump me, I'll put you the fuck down.

People should keep in mind that you have the legal right to defend yourself with deadly force if you fear for your life.

Stupid people want to keep playing stupid games, and eventually they will win a stupid prize.

Discuss.....

Many far leftist see the American flag as a racist and fascist symbol. The far left hates America.

A registered Democrat and Bernie Sanders supporter protesting a right-wing rally in Oregon earlier this month says he was viciously beaten by militant members of his own movement because he possessed a "fascist symbol" -- an American flag.

Typical Fox News lying bullshit. Trying to indoctrinate the rubes and make them believe that Sanders supporters are synonymous with antifa members.

This is why the mid terms are a lock, the court is a lock after that, and Trump wins 2020

It’s not because the right is so incredible, it’s because the left is so stupid

Many far leftist see the American flag as a racist and fascist symbol. The far left hates America.
Oh shit, he's back.

<{clintugh}>

Also Portland is a cesspit, not surprised those braindead larpers did that. They're their own worst enemy.

@ultramanhyata

Typical Fox News lying bullshit. Trying to indoctrinate the rubes and make them believe that Sanders supporters are synonymous with antifa members.

You suck at reading

The Sanders supporter was beat up by the fascist group known as antifa

This is why the mid terms are a lock, the court is a lock after that, and Trump wins 2020

It’s not because the right is so incredible, it’s because the left is so stupid
I agree.

Leave it up to Portland news to say the American flag is associated with the Conservatives

Oh Christ this city never stops being retarded

From the OP:

Though the American flag is more commonly associated with the conservative movement

That's really the most important part of the article. Antifa and affiliated groups are actually, verifiably anti-American. Mainstream Democrats such as Chris Cuomo have defended these groups publicly.

Its a recurring pattern of empty posting buy a few members in the warroom. Empty "first" posts just thrown into threads. No real substance, often no reference to the issue being discussed.

I wasn't actually reporting the guy, but a duck is a duck.
It's not an empty post. We see it time and time again. The far left does hate America, and many of them consider it a symbol of hate. I saw another video of a woman alluding to that yesterday. And Hillary recently cheered on a little girl protesting the Pledge of Allegiance (To the United States of America)

Antifa in the OP is just the next example.

Does this help explain it more?

From the OP:

That's really the most important part of the article. Antifa and affiliated groups are actually, verifiably anti-American. Mainstream Democrats such as Chris Cuomo have defended these groups publicly.

So how do you differentiate between a leftist like myself, who is using symbolism to protest, and someone who wants to beat up someone for having a flag?

So how do you differentiate between a leftist like myself, who is using symbolism to protest, and someone who wants to beat up someone for having a flag?
I think the most obvious difference would be that you don't use violence to oppress those with whom you disagree.

Far left thugs just beat the shit out of a guy because he was holding an American flag.
I guarantee you they thought he was a racist and a fascist. That is social justice. And it is a morally right cause for them and thats how they justify hitting a guy in the head with some weapon.

I wonder in that stick had some nail or sharp thing on it if his head was bleeding so bad?

Rhetorical question?

It's not an empty post. We see it time and time again. The far left does hate America, and many of them consider it a symbol of hate. I saw another video of a woman alluding to that yesterday. And Hillary recently cheered on a little girl protesting the Pledge of Allegiance (To the United States of America)

Antifa in the OP is just the next example.

Does this help explain it more?
Its sad that the level of discourse has been reduced to using the actions of a few (3 people cited in this thread sofar) to malign your political opponent's party.

And obviously I can't ignore your direct swipe at the figurehead of the dems so I looked into the claim. Result? Hillary applauded a girl who knelt during the pledge. Big deal. "Theres good people on both sides"

Back