Bergdahl Charged With Desertion

Zankou

Bringing peace and love
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't say what kind of desertion he is charged with, but I have no doubt that it's the weak 'temporary' kind because the Army is pissing its pants with fear at the thought of prosecuting the guy on permanent desertion (aka death penalty) grounds, even though everybody knows that's exactly what happened, and even though Bergdahl's treasonous exploits got other servicemen killed.

I wonder if Obama ever met with any of the parents of those killed looking for him.

How soon until his lawyers play the PTSD card?

Not really talked about but.. What was he doing for 5 years?

Better than being sold to ISIS. And he should be charged. I don't know how charging him reflects poorly on Obama.

Because the Gov't owes it to the Country to waste even more money on this guy.

You have to wonder just how dumb Obama's advisers and upper brass in the military are to think swapping Bergdahl for 4 high Taleban was a good idea.

The military had to have known from the start the gist of the circumstances surrounding Bergdahl's disappearance. This was the worst fuckin case for the Obama admin to White knight; all for what, just so that they could say hey we got back our POW.

The only way I can think this was a good idea is if they managed to insert some sort of tracking device inside the 4 Taleban or introduced some illness that will kill them sooner than later.

I'm honestly not sure what was going on in their heads as to why it was good to trade for the guy. I don't think it was something pernicious. I don't even have a theory as to what it was about. At this point, my leading belief is that they simply were foolish, thinking that the murky circumstances of his capture were basically irrelevant, and somehow it would play well in the media as being that the Administration single-handedly rescued an American from the evil Taliban, yay team.

President Obama screwed up by doing the parent thing at the White House but I don't have a problem with the swap. He is our guy and he should face our judgement and not be made some propaganda tool.

President Obama screwed up by doing the parent thing at the White House but I don't have a problem with the swap. He is our guy and he should face our judgement and not be made some propaganda tool.

Would you have paid $200 million ransom for him?

What about the administration doing that unilaterally? Rather than running it by Congress?

It is not the norm to pay money or prisoner exchanges with terrorists to get back deserters. The idea that we 'normally' pay to get deserters back because they are 'our guy' is just not correct.

Why does the Army even bother trading for his arse?

What exactly did he do in deserting that got other soldiers killed? Did he literally just run off while on patrol, and not do it stealthily enough and exposed the rest of his patrol? Or did he give up info after getting captured?

Apparently the US does negotiate with terrorists.

The White House had Intel of all of this years ago. The army has investigated this since the moment he went missing. They've spoken to his entire platoon and got eyewitness accounts of his demeanor on the day he went missing. All his platoon made it clear that he deserted.

Fact is Obama wants to close Gitmo for political purposes, plus it doesn't hurt that he's Muslim and wants to help Americas enemy so that's why he traded 5 Taliban members for 1 deserter.

Obama, doing the work for the terrorist from inside the White House, oh how the nut job liberals love him because they also hate America.

Obama traded five high ranking Taliban members for one deserter (and probably a traitor as well). That puts a lot of people in danger and makes us look very weak.

Why does the Army even bother trading for his arse?

What exactly did he do in deserting that got other soldiers killed? Did he literally just run off while on patrol, and not do it stealthily enough and exposed the rest of his patrol? Or did he give up info after getting captured?

Didn't he just walk off? Unarmed?

Obama traded five high ranking Taliban members for one deserter (and probably a traitor as well). That puts a lot of people in danger and makes us look very weak.

Israel trades hundreds of prisoners to get their people back. I just kind of think regardless if the guy is an idiot, he's an American soldier and you get him back if you can.

Israel trades hundreds of prisoners to get their people back. I just kind of think regardless if the guy is an idiot, he's an American soldier and you get him back if you can.

That's Israel, I'm talking about my country. We traded five dangerous terrorists who will go back to killing innocent civilians for one deserter. We shouldn't be negotiating with them at all, let alone negotians where we get fucked over this bad.

I think that I read he just went for a walk one evening and never came back. Prior to that, letters to his father indicated that he hated the Army (big surprise) and that he was ashamed to be an American.

Because no one knew where he went, soldiers, in addition to their other missions, had to take on search missions for Bergdahl's stupid ass. That's his role in their deaths. Would have been nice if they'd known he was deserting instead of being captured or something like that.

Good, I hope they nail him to the wall.

Back