Benividez has beef with Henry Cejudo?

rad

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know the backstory to this?

Is just to make things interesting and selling their fight.

They don't dislike each other for real I don't think. Their trash talk is just made up for the show like most of the coaches.

Seems like tickets of wolf, but Cejudo also seems like the type of guy who could really grate on your nerves if you had to be around him for more than 5 minutes, so who knows? I could see Benavidez legitimately thinking he's a douche.

That's what I get from watching it. It's 'reality tv' after all with some very good fights at the end so far in this season. The viewing figures are higher if they can edit it so there appears to be conflict.

The 2 of them seemed to share a lot of sofas for interviews promoting the season and their fight without coming to blows.

Cejudo is adorable. Seems so nice it hurts. Joe B is pretending for sure.

No back story.. just 2 fighters attempting to bring hype for their fight. It's pretty cringe worthy though.

Apart from that, this season is probably the best season in a looooong time.

Seems like tickets of wolf, but Cejudo also seems like the type of guy who could really grate on your nerves if you had to be around him for more than 5 minutes, so who knows? I could see Benavidez legitimately thinking he's a douche.
That's the impression I get of cejudo. I'm fully aware it's edited reality tv, but man, cejudo seems unbearable

I only saw their argument from the commercial before I changed it but Bermudez came off as a douche

there gon' be some brown on brown crime up in the octagon?

JB is clearly winning the psychological warfare.

JB is clearly winning the psychological warfare.

Naw. Cejudo is cool as a cucumber, sitting back and feathering his hair. Benny is the one boiling inside. He's not able to get those world class bj's from Megan Olivi for 6 weeks!!!

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the show. Good fights not a lot of drama. Some surprises in the fights as far as winners.
The background stories of the fighters all though their champions of some home town regional league and are legit professionals are kind of depressing. These mutherfukers are poor ass broke except for a few.

Many of these guys are like late twenties, early thirties and they do not have a pot to piss in.

Hell they ought to call this season, "Last Call", "Last Roundup" because reality is about to hit about 8-10 of the fighters square the fuck in the forehead.

Beni comes across to me as super confident, arrogant and even hostile towards Cejudo. There is no real point in being all in your face aggressive and Cejudo is kind of gee golly shucks so it's a weird contrast.

But it's good tv, could be a little better.

JoeB is just yanking his chain because he's "corny". I get it. Cecudo's dialogue seems sappy, like the kind you would hear in an inspirational sports movie. Like he tries really hard to try to be a role model. I'm not downplaying Cecudo, I'm sure thats just the way he is, but I think JoeB is just trying to emphasize that they're gonna have a fist fight soon. Also they have no beef. He's just stirring the pot a little.

Back