Benefits of self driving cars

Kemeticsoul

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There are too many to name. As these systems evolve and more and more cars become self automated, that means less accidents, higher road speeds, less car congestion, less stop and go...... instead of a 26 hour drive from NY to the South West, time would probably be cut in half. You can take food, sleep, etc. would only need to stop to take a piss (bottles work), or to get gas.

It's getting closer. I welcome our AI overlords.

Does this mean a drastic shift in the train and airline industry for inner-country travel? Why spend 300-400 on a ticket and listen to screaming kids, deal with jet lag, cramped quarters with some obese hick next to you when you can just order a personal vehicle, hop in and set the destination, relax, drink booze, jerk it, sleep etc and be there in half the time (and he way more relaxed) you would compared to conventional driving.

It you own stock in South West, AA and other big passenger aircraft companies, you've only got a few years left to cash in bros.

it makes receiving blowjobs while driving easier.

You don't have to worry about asian drivers as much. Unless it's AI developed by asians and the somehow the machine takes on the personality of its creator.

Seems like a good idea. Shame that they'll be leaving a lot of truckers and other driving jobs unemployed.

Also, I fear a Black Mirror style moment where someone hacks all of the AI and gets 100s of cars to drive off of cliffs or into traffic the wrong way.

It will be easier to light a doober now

You don't have to worry about asian drivers as much. Unless it's AI developed by asians and the somehow the machine takes on the personality of its creator.
They already have self driving cars here in Singapore, there's a taxi service in one neighborhood using the self driving taxis. Its going great but unfortunately there was one accident where the autonomous car was trying to change lanes and hit a truck, which has set them back a bit.

nutonomy-crash.jpg

Apparently the programmers forgot that in Singapore when you signal to change lanes the drivers like to speed up and cut you off.

who is responsible if a self driving car crashes?

who is responsible if a self driving car crashes?

IMO, self-driving cars should have cameras that covers all angles so when accidents do occur, it can be investigated. If it is hard-ware malfunctioning causing driving error, then the manufacturers have to be responsible just as if a falling elevator injured or kill passengers.

Seems like a good idea. Shame that they'll be leaving a lot of truckers and other driving jobs unemployed.

Also, I fear a Black Mirror style moment where someone hacks all of the AI and gets 100s of cars to drive off of cliffs or into traffic the wrong way.

That will definitely have to be addressed. Many jobs will be going away in the next 15-30 years.

Janitors, mechanics, pilots, drivers, manufacturing. In the not so distant future, it means an end to money.

IMO, self-driving cars should have cameras that covers all angles so when accidents do occur, it can be investigated. If it is hard-ware malfunctioning causing driving error, then the manufacturers have to be responsible just as if a falling elevator injured or kill passengers.
yeah good take, they havent perfected it yet.

i saw a news report on tv a while ago which wasnt what im posting, but then this report is just 10 hours old.

- http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...iving-car-program-after-arizona-crash/8389124

i really wouldnt want to get into a self driving car. ever.

That will definitely have to be addressed. Many jobs will be going away in the next 15-30 years.

Janitors, mechanics, pilots, drivers, manufacturing. In the not so distant future, it means an end to money.

I had a chat at the pub the other day and we were discussing how everybody is talking about immigrants taking jobs, when AI is about to sneak up and take everyone's.

It's like we're living in the prequel to The Matrix or Terminator. Once we go too far, there'll be no going back. What a time to be alive.

<mma3>

I had a chat at the pub the other day and we were discussing how everybody is talking about immigrants taking jobs, when AI is about to sneak up and take everyone's.

It's like we're living in the prequel to The Matrix or Terminator. Once we go too far, there'll be no going back. What a time to be alive.

<mma3>

This will for sure be interesting. It could all go horribly wrong or usher in a golden age.

More time for crime, is what I see. Bored males with no need to work - they better have some bad ass AI cops ready.

This will for sure be interesting. It could all go horribly wrong or usher in a golden age.

More time for crime, is what I see. Bored males with no need to work - they better have some bad ass AI cops ready.
I'd be down to have these guys protecting us
p9-shoji-chappie-a-20150521.jpg

Driving is fun, self drive can eat a dick

Would be handy for driving to parties or bars though. Drive there and have your car drive your drunk self home. Jon Jones' career could have gone completely differently if he had one.

<mma3>
<45><45><45><45>

Back