Bendo's contract almost up with Bellator, do they re-sign him?

Go Go Plata

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Bellator lightweight Benson Henderson signed with the Viacom-owned promotion for six fights.

At Bellator 208, he’ll step into the cage for fight No. 6, and he’s uncertain about what comes next.

“I would probably say … leaving the UFC for Bellator was doing the best thing for my family, and being as set up financially as I could be,” Henderson, who meets Saad Awad on Saturday at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y., told MMAjunkie Radio. “I think the same thing for this next contract negotiation. Wherever I go, whoever I deal with, the same thing: I do what’s best for my family.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/benso...mmajunkie&utm_medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail

I think even if he loses to Awad, there's still some value in his name and they re-sign him.

Sounds like One FC already contacted him with a big payday?

Come back to ufc Bendo and take on khabib like you always wanted. :)

A gatekeeper in Bellator probably wasn't the plan for Benson or Coker.

I remember talk of him potentially winning both Bellator LW and WW titles. Now people are saying he's out of his prime.

He's been overshadowed by Rory and Gay-guard. I'd rather see Benson back in the UFC tbh.

He’s boring as fuck and hasn’t beaten anybody good. Then again bellator’s LW division is garbage so he could be a good name for a prospect to beat. That is if they ever sign any prospects at 155.

What happened to the rumours that Bendo wants to call it a career and join the military?

I think he still has value for Bellator, but he probably has to take a paycut.
His disclosed pay against Chandler and Pitbull was only $50k. Not much pay to take a cut of.

Come back to ufc Bendo and take on khabib like you always wanted. :)
Khabib will have to finish. Ben is a decision machine. Even if Khabib beats him for 5rounds, Benson will win a split.

Khabib will have to finish. Ben is a decision machine. Even if Khabib beats him for 5rounds, Benson will win a split.
That’s my boy benson, just needs to comb his air while getting gnp’ed by khabib for the decision.

he said he'll go wherever they pay him the most. Doubt UFC has much interest in bringing him back, he's been a bust in Bellator.

So if a OneFC or Rizin or someone like that comes with a nice offer he'll go there, if not then maybe Bellator gives him a lower offer than he makes now but its best offer on the table and he stays there.

I dont see Bellator really paying more than they are now to keep him. He's been overshadowed by bigger signings like Rory and Mousasi who won titles. There is still value in him but its more as a mid card fighter not a main event guy anymore.

I'd love to see him fight Alvarez, so hope they both end up in the same place.

What organization would offer Henderson a lot of money at this point? He's had an excellent career that the hardcore fans respect, but he doesn't bring in many eyeballs or ticket sales. And he's also 34 and well past his best.

Just because he is half-Korean, I don't think he automatically gets a big contract from OneFC either, as they have been very smart and economical with their signings.

There is a chance he simply re-signs with Bellator for less money due to a lack of options.

Back