Benavidez vs. Gavril Rematch in Play For January

I think Benavidez edged the first fight, but Gavril gave a great account of himself and it was plenty entertaining, so I can't complain about seeing it again. Even with his considerable natural talents Benavidez did show that he's still fairly raw in some respects in the first fight. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust and improve on his first performance.

benavidez-gavril-weights%20(3).jpg

"If he wants rematch we can do that but if not I will fight anybody. He took a lot of shots, his defense was better than I thought it would be but at the end of the day I did better in that fight and I would love to fight him again because I know his style and what he is going to bring and I know what I want to work on," Benavidez told BoxingScene.com.

"I felt I could have done so much better but I kind of hurt my left hand in that fight but I didn't say anything after the fight because I don't make excuses. I had to deal with something in the fight and I won the fight and now that I have seen his style and see the way he comes straight forward so I will do way better than I did in the first fight."

Sampson Lewkowicz, who promotes Benavidez recently said that the rematch is being negotiated for January. Benavidez said that he would like the rematch to eliminate any doubt that people may have.

"(I) just want to show everybody who thinks he beat me that I won the fight and when I do fight him I will show you how I do it," said Benavidez.

http://www.boxingscene.com/david-benavidez-i-wanted-gavril-again-prove-doubters-wrong--121568

The first fight is on showtime right now.

Back