Ben Shapiro keeping it real...

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
This dude is kind of a dork, but he really makes a lot of sense. Anybody left or right wing should be on board with this.

For the people who can't watch the video he elaborates on how dishonest certain members of the media are for trying compare Antifa to WWII veterans.

It's honestly hilarious that this video is basically him calling out the lack of nuance in analogies (comparing military response to civilian response) when he constantly makes much more exaggerated analogies for his classic straw man arguments to attack those wacky college leftists.

Even better, someone will really think he's making revelatory points here.

So what did he say that was wrong in the video I posted?

That anyone comparing, or reading the comparisons of, Charlottesville protesters to WWII belligerents were not able to appreciate the differences between the two and were relying on a perfectly congruent analogy.

Like, do you think anyone is going to watch that and say "oh, so it wasn't the exact same thing as WWII! Now that analogy just doesn't resonate with me at all!"

Also, idk the origins if your avatar, but it seems rapey to me.

That anyone comparing, or reading the comparisons of, Charlottesville protesters to WWII belligerents were not able to appreciate the differences between the two and were relying on a perfectly congruent analogy.

Like, do you think anyone is going to watch that and say "oh, so it wasn't the exact same thing as WWII! Now that analogy just doesn't resonate with me at all!"

As a Veteran of OEF I can say that this is not the same thing, because a group of masked fruit cakes stifling free speech isn't the same as an Airborne division dropping into a combat zone.

Sorry if my AV offended you. If you weren't a teenager you would know that it is from the opening scene of the 1987 arcade game Double Dragon.

Last edited:
Someone named Trotsky supports political bullying. Seems apt.

Seriously, is that all you got? That's the third time your brilliant retort has been "lol your name is Trotsky [insert thing vaguely comparable to authoritarianism]."

Learn to communicate like an adult and not some Cold War reductionist mean girl.

As a Veteran of OEF I can say that this is not the same thing, because a group of masked fruit cakes stifling free speech isn't the same as an Airborne division dropping into a combat zone.

Sorry my if my AV offended you. If you weren't a teenager you would know that it is from the opening scene of the 1987 arcade game Double Dragon.

I'm 33, but I didn't play video games as a child. Back then, it's my recollection that only weirdo kids at the cross section of affluent and friendless played much of them.

Sweet burn, though.

Also, congrats on the valor. I bet you're brave and smart and totally didn't enlist because your GED sucked and Republicans made a really convincing argument to you that you weren't perpetrating a total sham.

It's not about the analogy being perfect or not, it's about whether that analogy should even be made. Of course it shouldn't, especially so close to WW2. Its one thing to compare heroes to clowns 500 years after the heroes died. It's a whole other level of ignorant when some of those heroes are still alive.

Even a very liberal radio show in Sacramento (RobAnybodyAndDawn) are now criticizing the left and the media for ignoring the hate and violence that Antifa and BLM preach and engage in.

Antifa posts on multiple websites and forums that they will meet violence and hate with violence and hate.

Just for fun I tried to join one of their rallies but I couldnt because I wasn't a marginalized group.

Learn to communicate like an adult and not some Cold War reductionist mean girl.
By communicating like an adult do you mean reacting to Shapiro by suggesting he should be stuffed in a locker? Lol.

It's not about the analogy being perfect or not, it's about whether that analogy should even be made. Of course it shouldn't, especially so close to WW2. Its one thing to compare heroes to clowns 500 years after the heroes died. It's a whole other level of ignorant when some of those heroes are still alive.

Yes, the outpouring of outrage of all those soldiers whose friends died killing Nazis, in defense of the Nazis against this deplorable analogy has been overwhelming.

Oh wait.

By communicating like an adult do you mean reacting to Shapiro by suggesting he should be stuffed in a locker? Lol.

I mean mixing up your shtick instead of yucking the same line and cashing in easy points with the dip shit brigade.

I'm 33, but I didn't play video games as a child. Back then, it's my recollection that only weirdo kids at the cross section of affluent and friendless played much of them.

Sweet burn, though.

Also, congrats on the valor. I bet you're brave and smart and totally didn't enlist because your GED sucked and Republicans made a really convincing argument to you that you weren't perpetrating a total sham.

200w.webp

Sorry my if my AV offended you. If you weren't a teenager you would know that it is from the opening scene of the 1987 arcade game Double Dragon.

Final Fight > Double Dragon. There, I said it.

Yes, the outpouring of outrage of all those soldiers whose friends died killing Nazis, in defense of the Nazis against this deplorable analogy has been overwhelming.

Oh wait.

Do you know any WW2 veterans? They aren't exactly young and won't be sending out trump style twitter tantrums to let you know this shit is not comparable. It's not defending nazis to say the comparison is silly and childish.

Sweet burn, though.

FYI I voted for Al Gore and John Kerry when I was enlisted and thought Bush Sucked. I joined the The National Guard a few weeks after 911. Mostly for the GI Bill so I could pay my own way through college.

I also voted for Obama twice, but voted for Trump this election, because the Democratic party has been doing nothing but taking giant shits all over itself the past few years.

I had a sense of patriotism, but I wouldn't have done it if the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. In the end I'm glad I did though, because no matter what I do I'll have health insurance for the rest of my life. I did get a GED, but I was still able to go to a University without racking up a bunch of debt.

I agree. Double Dragon was still the king until Final Fight came along.

I like Shapiro by the way.

I think Shapiro is generally correct here. The media is painting Antifa as a noble group fighting fascism and thus worthy of praise. Once you notice that the media never paints them as extreme, or even left wing, you can't unsee it.

Truth be told, Shapiro is a little too far right for my leaning, as are most Republicans. I side with him because he's generally correct when it comes to the progressive left, but his politics don't really jive with me.

He's one of these dudes that lesser minds just bow down to out of insecurity and a need for certainty in their worldview.

Kind of like how newfangled atheists jump behind that British biologist dude and that other neuroscientist dude.

He's one of these dudes that lesser minds just bow down to out of insecurity and a need for certainty in their worldview.

Kind of like how newfangled atheists jump behind that British biologist dude and that other neuroscientist dude.

I don't always agree with Shapiro, but he's spot on right here.

Back