Ben Saunders no longer under contract with UFC, meets Jacob Volkmann

Saunders Jiu jitsu will be a big problem for Volkmann on the ground. Saunders being cut after one loss is bullshit.

Glad Ben got a fight lined up quickly. So can he just continue to be tested while fighting for a different org and that count for the 4 month testing rule to get back in the UFC?

JacobVolkmann1.jpg

I don't think it works that way. Not all orgs use USADA or test as much as they like.

Interesting. Was he a dick? Came off as a chill guy during most interviews.
Indeed an interesting comment @FierceRedBelt. Do tell.

I really have nothing interesting to say and I don't want to fighter bash. I just found him to be obnoxious and of poor character.

That was 13-14 years ago at this point so he might be much nicer person now but he left a very poor impression with me.

I really have nothing interesting to say and I don't want to fighter bash. I just found him to obnoxious and of poor character.

That was 13-14 years ago at this point so he might be much nicer person now but he left a very poor impression with me.

fair enough. He didn't come out of TUF with a great rep. I know they selectviely edit the shit out of their footage but he had a bit of a reputation to live down from that. I thought. I've become a fan of him since.

fair enough. He didn't come out of TUF with a great rep. I know they selectviely edit the shit out of their footage but he had a bit of a reputation to live down from that. I thought. I've become a fan of him since.

He's pretty exciting to watch in the cage, I'll give him that.

He's pretty exciting to watch in the cage, I'll give him that.

indeed. I don't spend much time trying to know fighters beyond what they do in the cage. In fact I try and avoid it to be honest.

I don't think it works that way. Not all orgs use USADA or test as much as they like.

I understand that. What I'm asking is can he still be in the testing pool, even thou those lesser orgs don't use it, so he doesn't have to sit out of fighting for 4 months in order to fight for the UFC again.

I understand that. What I'm asking is can he still be in the testing pool, even thou those lesser orgs don't use it, so he doesn't have to sit out of fighting for 4 months in order to fight for the UFC again.

I think the UFC pays for it and it's not cheap.

I really have nothing interesting to say and I don't want to fighter bash. I just found him to be obnoxious and of poor character.

What's your name and when/where did we train together? My past is filled with nothing but positive people, in which we all have nothing but good things to say, specially after all these years. Having neutral feelings at most about me, But claiming I am obnoxious and of poor character is a pretty interesting statement.

Would love to hear what I did in the past to achieve spite lasting 13-14 years. All head coaches and legit training partners over the years still have respect for each other, even if some of us have gone our separate ways.

Lol, I got shit for being annoyed at George Sots on the show, but other than that, I was just a kid happy to be there, enjoying every second of it, training with the Champ. But the whole team had issues with George, they just chose to edit it in, cause it was drama for the show, since most of us all were respectful and professionals. I did have a sense of humor that some may have found odd, but... thems the breaks. And we grow up. Lol :D

I see what you are saying, but Saunders didn't voluntarily withdraw from the UFC, so hopefully he won't be treated harshly like Lesnar and have to go through 4 months of testing.

Lesnar was given a pass on the 4month rule, thats what the whole stink was about, so hopefully they give B the same treatment...but already sounds like they wont so at some point hes going to have to sit around for 4 months? dont know how that works out with a returning ((to the ufc))fighter that wants to stay active

Lol, I got shit for being annoyed at George Sots on the show, but other than that, I was just a kid happy to be there, enjoying every second of it, training with the Champ. But the whole team had issues with George, they just chose to edit it in, cause it was drama for the show, since most of us all were respectful and professionals. I did have a sense of humor that some may have found odd, but... thems the breaks. And we grow up. Lol :D

If they filmed my life all day for weeks I'd have to go into hiding bruh.

sotti came off a bit self righteous in that season. Crazy how editing could paint you ass a douche(same could be said for sotti)

I'm glad you are getting fights so soon. I was honestly shocked to hear that you were released after a 3-1 record but hearing about the problems back at home, it makes sense.

I hope you make it back to the fc and land anothe omoplata

Lesnar was given a pass on the 4month rule, thats what the whole stink was about, so hopefully they give B the same treatment...but already sounds like they wont so at some point hes going to have to sit around for 4 months? dont know how that works out with a returning ((to the ufc))fighter that wants to stay active

You should have asked Ben. He posted a few minutes before you did.

Volkmann made me laugh, but his fighting style is not my cup of tea...

so, I hope Killa B knees his head off and wins flawless victory!!

Back